Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Info

Roger Mason replacement as an off the bench shooter? He is having his best season and has produced pretty well when he has gotten minutes. He has a QO of 3.8 million next year but with Orlando being in cap they will most certainly let him go for financial reasons. Chunk 3 million a year at him and see what happens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, I hate JJ Re , and Duke players in general, but he could feast in the Spurs offense. Even if you play him 20 minutes, he could probably hang up 12-13 points just because he would shoot 45%+ from the corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I brought him up. I never have really desired him as a player but I've seen him a few times this year and he is improved a lot. He's a smart player that knows his limitations and stays there. He knows he's a shooter and doesn't try to be what he's not.

After the Mason debacle and Finley gone, the Spurs will need some shooting off the bench next season. Depending on Splitter and what happens with the MLE he could be had for relatively cheap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also a much, much improved defender..he's never going to be a good defender due to his physical limitations, but he's definitely an above average defender, which is much more than I can say for a guy like Mason..he's pretty much improved every aspect of his game..

Orlando really likes him though, so I'm sure they'll go after him hard..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's staying with Orlando. I wouldn't make him a priority but if we lose out on other players, I wouldnt mind seeing him signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also a much, much improved defender..he's never going to be a good defender due to his physical limitations, but he's definitely an above average defender, which is much more than I can say for a guy like Mason..he's pretty much improved every aspect of his game..

Orlando really likes him though, so I'm sure they'll go after him hard..
    I don't know. They are going to be carrying a ton of salary and paying a lot of tax over the next two seasons. I'm not sure how willing they are going to be to add another 4 million to that(8 million more with the tax).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JJ for Mase would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be decent but the Spurs would probably want another combo guard that can pass and handle the ball better than JJ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's said to be looking at getting a 5 year $20-25 mil. contract...way out of our league...I'm sure this has been covered..mases replacement will be a minimum salaried vet...after resigning Manu & hopefully getting Splitter with the MLE, there will be no money to spend on what amounts to a spot up shooter...as much as I would like to see Red on the Spurs, not gonna happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after resigning Manu & hopefully getting Splitter with the MLE, there will be no money to spend on what amounts to a spot up shooter...as much as I would like to see Red on the Spurs, not gonna happen.
    Depending on Splitter and what happens with the MLE he could be had for relatively cheap.
    It has been covered.

I think you sell him a little bit short saying he is just a spot up shooter. He's got a pretty high BBIQ and he competes on both ends. As Harlem said, even with his athletic limitations he is far and away a better defender than Mason.

He might get 4 million a year from some team, but that will probably be it...but you never can tell with all the money that will be flying around this summer. If the Spurs were interested I could see them offering 3-3.5. He's definitely worth that if he bites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put up 23 points, 8 assists, and 7 rebounds in a win against the Nuggets today. Granted, he played the whole game for the most part w/ VC out, but still fairly impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr was a better defender.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, this guy after taking care of Splitter, should be number 1 on the list of going after in the offseason.

Would be a perfect starting two guard next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching him he looks like he would fit in perfectly with us
    but i don't think it would happen...

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to make the point that he is a much improved defender, and an underated one at that - but Harlem already mentioned it.

He has suprisingly quick and nimble feet, he gets aound screens well and stays in front of his man on isolations - obvioiusly he will never be elite because he doesnt have the length and athleticism, but he would be a nice upgrade over Mason.

And obviously, you can never have enough shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love to see it, but after this years playoffs some team that is desperate for shooting will probably overpay and give him the full MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish. Orlando is about to pay for this guy... they're going to have to. This dude is about to get 6-8 mil/year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking of JJ I can't believe how RJM became so quick a piece of garbage!
    It would have helped us tremendously this year to have a reliable 3pt shooter!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im glad he's staying with orlando jj red SUCKS, his d is awful and he shoots way to many 3's most of them he misses when he's wide open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish. Orlando is about to pay for this guy... they're going to have to. This dude is about to get 6-8 mil/year
    They can't. If Barnes picks up his option the Magic will be staring at 80 million salaries before they even sign their first round pick. The best they can offer him is the MLE if he refuses the QO, which he probably will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't. If Barnes picks up his option the Magic will be staring at 80 million salaries before they even sign their first round pick. The best they can offer him is the MLE if he refuses the QO, which he probably will.
    Really? Even if they have bird rights on him? I am not familiar with that rule. I bet he leaves that on the table though. someone will overpay for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it matters if they are over the cap...they have his Bird rights, they can resign him for whatever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'd be a good piece for the spurs to add this summer.

I do think he will get overpaid though.

I don't think orlando keeps him considering how high there payroll currently is.

I think he might receive a MLE type offer from someone.

I don't think he's worth more than 2-3 million/yr personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Even if they have bird rights on him? I am not familiar with that rule. I bet he leaves that on the table though. someone will overpay for him.
    I don't think it matters if they are over the cap...they have his Bird rights, they can resign him for whatever.
    Yeah...you are right. I had a brain fart on that one.

That said, I still doubt they keep him. It's gonna take more than the QO and I just can't see Orlando doing that with all the money they already have committed and a first round pick to sign.

Thread Information