NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My guess is, it doesn't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    No. They are. Both Augustine and Acquinas addressed evolution as being compatible with the faith. Only the religious fundamentalists believe they aren't. Any study of the christian faith or at least the Catholic faith, tells you that genesis is not to be taken literally, as much of the Bible is not.

God did not create the universe, earth, and man....in six 'earth' days.
    then I'm not sure what your point of "the possibility man evolved from primordial soup is 1 in 10 to the 265th power. Thanks for playing. oh, and Darwin was Catholic" is.

Also, specifically, which parts of the Bible do you think should be taken literally?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a meaningless statement. Newton didn't address physics as it was conceived in the 20th century either.
    Do you just make up as you go along?

Physics in the form of classical mechanics was invented by Newton.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you just make up as you go along?

Physics in the form of classical mechanics was invented by Newton.
    He may have systematized things, but he stood "on the shoulders of giants," for a reason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jacob, have you ever explored any other religions or philosophies? Your belief spectrum shouldn't only limited to hard core Christianity or Atheism. You should look into some of the Eastern stuff. I find Taoism and Nichiren (Lotus Flower) Buddhism to be fascinating. Taoists are just sort of amused by it all, especially the Confused Confucianists, pretty much the Southern Baptists of the Far East.

Till the wheels fall off. iManu's Avatar
    Name
    She ain't nothin' but a hoochie mama!
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Nebraska Cornhuskers
    Everyone is agnostic unless they're psychotic or mentally handicapped because the nature of the limits of our brain for information at once. I am a Jedi, but I call myself "Baha'i Jedi."

This is the best religion.

Spurs Nation
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The default position is Atheism and the burden of proof lies with Religions. They make extreme claims and offer no proof to back it up. "Faith" is not proof, its a cop-out excuse equivalent to saying "its Magic". Believing in a God is on the same level as believing in ghosts and fairies. They're explanations made up to explain stuff.

I normallly don't care what people believe in, but then they start forcing the sane people to live by their rules... I find it hilarious that some Christians make fun of Scientology and regard their own Religions as being so much better when they're both on the same level of Hilarity.

This is even more frustrating because about 90% of my family is very religious >.>

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The default position is Atheism and the burden of proof lies with Religions. They make extreme claims and offer no proof to back it up. "Faith" is not proof, its a cop-out excuse equivalent to saying "its Magic". Believing in a God is on the same level as believing in ghosts and fairies. They're explanations made up to explain stuff.
    Word!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Proof for either argument comes with dying. I think it's pretty pompous to relate religion to blatantly fic ious subject matter though.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Proof for either argument comes with dying. I think it's pretty pompous to relate religion to blatantly fic ious subject matter though.
    How is this ridiculous idea repeated over and over? When you're dead and an inanimate object, how can anything be proved to you?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How is this ridiculous idea repeated over and over? When you're dead and an inanimate object, how can anything be proved to you?
    You have a point but you on the other hand are assuming that all you are is this physical body.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You have a point but you on the other hand are assuming that all you are is this physical body.
    No I'm not. The fact that if there is no afterlife (whatever that's supposed to mean) then you wouldn't know invalidates the idea that one definitely finds out the existence or nonexistence of god when he dies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LoL @ UTSA having their annual atheist rally yesterday!!!

Let go, let God!!!
    That's what I'm talking about!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No I'm not. The fact that if there is no afterlife (whatever that's supposed to mean) then you wouldn't know invalidates the idea that one definitely finds out the existence or nonexistence of god when he dies.
    Ah got it now, you're right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jacob, have you ever explored any other religions or philosophies? Your belief spectrum shouldn't only limited to hard core Christianity or Atheism. You should look into some of the Eastern stuff. I find Taoism and Nichiren (Lotus Flower) Buddhism to be fascinating. Taoists are just sort of amused by it all, especially the Confused Confucianists, pretty much the Southern Baptists of the Far East.
    (page 3.. halfway down)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Remember, your phsyical body exists in all 11 dimensions.

and

all bits of matter (atoms, subatomic particles, etc) in the universe are connected to each other in some fashion on some extra-dimensional way, generally termed a "membrane". This is the membrane in "M" theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory

Think about the metaphysical implications of THAT.

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Don't find religion. Find a relationship with Jesus Christ.
    Your trials and tribulations (only you know what they are) are a test of faith.
    The church I attend makes 2 trecks a month to hospitals and senior assisted homes and visit dying patients who are on their death beds. I can't tell you how many times (100's) we have encountered people who live agnostic/atheistic lives yet a huge percentage of them reach out at the end to accept the Lord. Never fails. In life they beated their chests and were proud in denying Jesus Christ but knew in their hearts the the Lord was calling them. And no, it wasn't their death trance. They were totally cognizant of what they had done in life. Trust me in this.

Don't be fooled by the youth of today or young adults these days who claim pride in the denial of Christ all because some dummy at a college standing behind a platform tells them to read this science book. Being agnostic and a atheist is "popular" right now and tragically even 7, 8 and 9 year olds find it "cool" all because of their idiotic parents.

The Bible talks about this and in the last days there will be masses denying him.
    Don't get caught up man. Things will work out. Just extend your hand out and the Lord will take your hand. Just do me a favor; Ignore the ones in here who put all their creedence in science. They're fools.

Peace man.
    Last edited by TheManFromAcme; 03-05-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    God gives free cookies in Heaven, I heard. So... that's something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Better yet, don't listen to any jackass ranting about the last days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i heard you spend eternity playing harps in heaven.

is this true?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I think it's pretty pompous to relate religion to blatantly fic ious subject matter though.
    You mean blatantly fic ious subject matter like the book of Genesis?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Don't find religion. Find a relationship with Jesus Christ.
    Your trials and tribulations (only you know what they are) are a test of faith.
    you know who is really freaking lucky?

David Robinson. Best of both worlds.

Dude was born a freak of nature, has everything handed to him basically his whole life to the point of him being a millionaire because he could dunk and block shots and now will surely get a huge pile of treasure of Heaven because he's a great Christian......

It's not fair.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    God gives free cookies in Heaven, I heard. So... that's something.
    do they have raisins?

I don't like raisins.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Free wine and crackers on Sunday.

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You DO want to hear rants about the last days.
    "Surely, I come quickly"" - Revelations 22:20

God bless to all.

Thread Information