Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Well, if you dead and you end up in heaven.. you'd kind of know a God existed, right?

And of course, the opposite end of that spectrum
    You're assuming the existence of an afterlife and a "soul" that carries your mental faculties with you to an afterlife, despite the physical faculties (namely the brain) that support thought being left decomposing inside the ground. If there is no afterlife or no soul, then you will most decidedly never know the answer, as how is it possible to know something when dead if there is no afterlife or no soul? Your argument is circular:

1. I have a soul.
    2. There is an afterlife.
    3. If there is a heaven, then there is a God.
    4. There is a heaven.
    5. In this afterlife, I will go to heaven, where I will see God.
    6. Therefore, God exists because I see him.
    7. Therefore, I know the answer to whether God exists.

If any of propositions 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 is false, the whole argument that you can know whether God exists upon death is unsound. If there's no soul, then you cannot carry information beyond the grave. If there's no afterlife, there is no beyond the grave. If there's no heaven, how do you see God? If there is a heaven but you go anywhere else, how do you see God? It can also fail if Proposition 3 isn't valid, which I see no reason to believe is so other than by Christian doctrine.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Being a christian by way of the christo-pagan Roman Catholic Church and all of its protestant bas s is not the way to go. the whole story is so outrageous that a reasonable man cannot comprehend it.

www.arian-catholic.org

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    council of Arles 353 A.D.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    How old are you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm not sure if you just die and that's it or there's actually some afterlife. That said, I doubt its heaven and ; more like, just something else. Or nothing at all; this is our existence so make the most out of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I'm not sure if you just die and that's it or there's actually some afterlife. That said, I doubt its heaven and ; more like, just something else. Or nothing at all; this is our existence so make the most out of it.
    Forget the Bible! you actually think we are all from a fish?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    A lot of religious discussions in this thread. Interesting. I'm impressed too. I think my main problem is doubt. I question too much. Well, some people might think that's a bad thing while others would say it's a good thing. I guess it can be both. I have a lot of doubt on prayer. I also have never undestood the whole "God letting bad things happen to people" in order to teach either them a lesson or human beings in a general a lesson. Things like 9/11 and The Holocaust really make me think about prayer and God's response time to prayer. What lesson was taught by letting 3,000 Americans die on one day on American soil or 6 million Jews in the 1930s and 1940s in Europe? I don't get it. I know that life is hard and people die but sometimes I question the why of these tragedies. I mean those people are on those planes on 9/11 probably all said prayers to God but He failed them. And then what about the Jews in the Holocaust? Sorry about bringing 9/11 and The Holocaust into the thread but it's just something I have thought about before.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    a noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What lesson was taught by letting 3,000 Americans die on one day on American soil or 6 million Jews in the 1930s and 1940s in Europe?
    That you should always watch out for false flag operations?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    in all fairness foreigners should keep their mouths shut on that subject

its not your place

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    in all fairness foreigners should keep their mouths shut on that subject

its not your place

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you die and then go to STSA

They hate us - but they want to be us!
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jacob1983 - check your PM's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Being a christian by way of the christo-pagan Roman Catholic Church and all of its protestant bas s is not the way to go. the whole story is so outrageous that a reasonable man cannot comprehend it.

www.arian-catholic.org
    now i know for sure this guy isn't mookie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A lot of religious discussions in this thread. Interesting. I'm impressed too. I think my main problem is doubt. I question too much. Well, some people might think that's a bad thing while others would say it's a good thing. I guess it can be both. I have a lot of doubt on prayer. I also have never undestood the whole "God letting bad things happen to people" in order to teach either them a lesson or human beings in a general a lesson. Things like 9/11 and The Holocaust really make me think about prayer and God's response time to prayer. What lesson was taught by letting 3,000 Americans die on one day on American soil or 6 million Jews in the 1930s and 1940s in Europe? I don't get it. I know that life is hard and people die but sometimes I question the why of these tragedies. I mean those people are on those planes on 9/11 probably all said prayers to God but He failed them. And then what about the Jews in the Holocaust? Sorry about bringing 9/11 and The Holocaust into the thread but it's just something I have thought about before.
    Because sin exists. God permits an individual to choose. Some choose good. Some choose evil.

As anyone, beliver or non-believer would say, we do not live in a perfect world.

Double facepalm...
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Why do most current religions that (loosely) base themselves on the Hebrew Bible require their deity to be infallible and all knowing? Omniscience comes right from the text, but nowhere is omnipotence and perfection written, or even hinted at, in the original '5 Books of Moses'...

I submit that people only find solace in a more powerful being if they do not posses the 'frailties' of our own, or they find it belittling?

I submit that the universe is just as grand if it were 'The Creator's Little Science Experiment' and any wisdom that may be derived form thousands-years-old text, divine or otherwise, is no less valid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How will we know anything when we're dead?

If you die, and you realize it and say , "Oh , I'm dead", that's how you know. And then hit me up bro.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    a noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
    embiggens? Is that even a word?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Because sin exists. God permits an individual to choose. Some choose good. Some choose evil.

As anyone, beliver or non-believer would say, we do not live in a perfect world.
    Is it possible to be an evil believer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Why do most current religions that (loosely) base themselves on the Hebrew Bible require their deity to be infallible and all knowing? Omniscience comes right from the text, but nowhere is omnipotence and perfection written, or even hinted at, in the original '5 Books of Moses'...
    Genesis 18

14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? ...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, this is simple:

Requirements to be a Christian:

1. Believe Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior who came to Earth to die for your sins.

That's it; you don't have to do anything else; just believe that.

Requirements to be an Atheist:

1. Believe that there is no almighty being/God/Force/etc... that all that is is a product of happenstance and evolution.

That's it; you don't have to do anything else.

NOW, for the results:

IF you follow the first path and BELIEVE,and are Correct?

Eternal bliss/happiness - no problems, only ecstasy in the presence of God FOREVER.

And if you are wrong?

Dirt Nap.

Whereas, if you follow the second path and DON'T believe and are wrong?

Eternal damnation and fire in the pits of - FOREVER separate from the presence of God.

but if you're right?

Dirt Nap.

See?

The BEST result from NOT BELIEVING = The WORST result from believing!

A no-brainer, really.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it possible to be an evil believer?

Satan believes in God.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Dude, this is simple:

1. Believe Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior who came to Earth to die for your sins.

1. Believe that there is no almighty being/God/Force/etc... that all that is is a product of happenstance and evolution.

NOW, for the results:

Eternal bliss/happiness - no problems, only ecstasy in the presence of God FOREVER.

And if you are wrong?

Dirt Nap.

Eternal damnation and fire in the pits of - FOREVER separate from the presence of God.

but if you're right?

Dirt Nap.

See?

A no-brainer, really.
    Satan believes in God.
    so are you saying that Satan believes Jesus is his lord and savior?

because when I ask "is it possible to be an evil believer", that's what I'm getting at.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Dude, this is simple:

NOW, for the results:

And if you are wrong?

Dirt Nap.

but if you're right?

Dirt Nap.

See?

A no-brainer, really.

You convinced me. But I am going to keep it a secret from friends and family. I hate going to church and I hate people who talk about Jesus/religion.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    embiggens? Is that even a word?
    It's a perfectly cromulent word.

Thread Information