Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    ??? Malik wouldn't play, even if on the roster, and for the same reason as last year: He has no 3 point shot. When are you people going to figure that out? If you're going to play lead guard or wing on this team, you're going to have a 3 point shot, or you'll be sitting.

Example of players who don't play and people don't understand why not:
    Malik Hairston - 3G% 18.2

Example of players who DO play and people don't understand why:
    Keith Bogans - 3G% 35.7
    Matt Bonner - 3G% 39

Jonesing for the Hairstons, Gists, and other assorted bad NBA 3 point shooting players is a zero sum game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson definitely has more upside than Malik or anyone else we have at that position. Lets hope he can evolve into what we need. It's pretty much our last hope of having a legit backup SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ??? Malik wouldn't play, even if on the roster, and for the same reason as last year: He has no 3 point shot. When are you people going to figure that out? If you're going to play lead guard or wing on this team, you're going to have a 3 point shot, or you'll be sitting.

Keith Bogans - 3G% 35.7
    Matt Bonner - 3G% 39

Jonesing for the Hairstons, Gists, and other assorted bad NBA 3 point shooting players is a zero sum game.
    RJ played.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keith Bogans - 3G% 35.7
    Matt Bonner - 3G% 39

Hairston shot a better percentage from three point range in D league than Gary Neal did in Europe with a closer line. In addition, Hairston's simple rating from 82games was higher than Mason, Temple, Finley or Bogans (who was last on the team for the season).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is he still talked about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If ya have to ask you'll never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because people still act like there was a sensible reason for him not to play last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hairston shot a better percentage from three point range in D league than Gary Neal did in Europe with a closer line. In addition, Hairston's simple rating from 82games was higher than Mason, Temple, Finley or Bogans (who was last on the team for the season).
    I know this thread is going to nowhere when the d-league stats start flying...

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    And people hated him!! He clogged the offense because his man didn't have to honor his shot last year.

He also made $15M and had shot as high as 40% in his NBA career.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Because people still act like there was a sensible reason for him to play last year.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Point one didn't translate into the NBA over the course of two seasons, and point two AND a cup of coffee still won't space the floor for our offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And people hated him!! He clogged the offense because his man didn't have to honor his shot last year.

He also made $15M and had shot as high as 40% in his NBA career.
    So you said people who don't hit 3's don't play. RJ didn't last year. He still played. He still got extended.

I don't care if RJ shot 40% once in his career, it obviously did not translate with the Spurs, just like Malik's great 3-PT shooting in the D-League.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    So you said people who don't hit 3's don't play. RJ didn't last year. He still played. He still got extended.

I don't care if RJ shot 40% once in his career, it obviously did not translate with the Spurs, just like Malik's great 3-PT shooting in the D-League.
    I guess if you live in a world of absolutes, your theory holds water. TBH, though, Malik's 12% still makes RJ's off year look like Ray Allen. Malik also wasn't ever competing for the starting SF position, so your player comparison is invalid.

Of all the players who don't play in the paint, Malik was by far the poorest 3 point shooter. In fact, Tim Duncan matched him exactly, both shooting 2-11 on the year. Malik didn't play, because, of all the players competing for backup time, he shot the 3 pointer the worst on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point one didn't translate into the NBA over the course of two seasons, and point two AND a cup of coffee still won't space the floor for our offense.
    That's the thinking that got Bogans the starting job. What a success that was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Malik Hairston(notes) (R) of Montepaschi Siena vies with Efes Pilsen's Igor Rakocevic (L) and Bootsy Thornton (C) during their Euro League top 16 at Sinan Erdem Arena in Istanbul, on January 19, 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some food news regarding Hairston: he is back at a great level. He plays more and more minutes and yesterday against Olympiacos, he had a monster games with 19 points and 11 rebounds. If he continue to play that well, some NBA teams should be quickly interested in him.

Summary + highlights of this game:
    http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...t?gamecode=176
    Last edited by Bruno; 03-25-2011 at 12:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some food news regarding Hairston: he is back at a great level. He plays more and more minutes and yesterday against Olympiacos, he had a monster games with 19 points and 11 rebounds. If he continue to play that well, some NBA teams should be quickly interested in him.

Summary + highlights of this game:
    http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...t?gamecode=176
    Player Of The Game!!

LOL! Rasho

Championships don't lie spursbird's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not anything special or anything at all, but I can say for sure that he is a of a lot better than Anderson, Green, Quinn are.
    Anderson has more upside than Hairston. But yeah right now I'd prefer Hairston.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still really sucks that he got hurt..I can't blame the Spurs, because they couldn't have predicted that Anderson would get hurt and lose a potential spot in the rotation, too, but Malik would have been a nice defender to have on the perimeter..he'll probably be back with the Spurs next year or the year after IMO..

Good to see him healthy and playing well, though..it's a difficult transition..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure you are well aware that only 2 days prior Malik did not play so well as Olympiacos beat Siena 89 to 41! Malik was 3/8 and had 10 points and 4 rebounds in that game. Nothing to get excited about. Yesterday, he played quite possibly the best game of his life!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not anything special or anything at all, but I can say for sure that he is a of a lot better than Anderson, Green, Quinn are.
    Green and Quinn, yes. Anderson, no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See watching what I have of Anderson in college I beg to differ. Outside of JA, definitely over Green, Quinn and now Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is definitely better than Anderson is.
    You are definitely high.

Definitely.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    He is definitely better than Anderson is.
    No he's not. I know this because before JA got hurt, he was playing 17 minutes per game for Pop as a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And your point is? Anderson would not see the rotation of Siena at all.
    You're absolutely right. Mostly he wouldn't have to scrounge for work abroad in the first place.

Thread Information