Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hairston is successful in Europe playing SF but he is small for that positon in NBA. He is in the same case (undersized SF) than Romain Sato who is a great player in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but on talent and ability alone, he is an NBA player. I don't doubt that at all. The NBA is watered down talent wise and there are many tweaners with limited skill sets that hang around the league a long time.

Malik is better than at least 25 players in the NBA currently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Evans and Udoka could get away with playing SF in the NBA, then I see no reason why Hairston couldn't. Like them, he just needs a legitimate opportunity to play. But it's not difficult to envision him being a rotation player on a good team.

That being said, with the acquisition of Leonard, that role is no longer available on the Spurs. For that same reason, Green probably won't make the team, even though he also has the potential to be a rotation player on a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. People, when players are young and new to the league and on the fringe always look at the short comings like size or whatever, and make it a deal breaker when in fact there are many guys like Udoka that hang around for years. Fact is, he Malik has more talent than a lot of guys in the mold of Udoka and it's a fine line between who sticks and doesn't .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet Jesus that is a stacked team(by Italian standards). For Malik to stand out like that is just amazing.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    That being said, with the acquisition of Leonard, that role is no longer available on the Spurs. For that same reason, Green probably won't make the team, even though he also has the potential to be a rotation player on a good team.
    I disagree. He's EXTREMELY cheap, and played better (and less scared) than RJ in the playoffs. He's so good on defense, if he can stick this year, he may be the new Bowen at some point. He already looks like he can regularly stick the NBA 3 ball, which was Hairston's downfall as a Spur. I see Green making the team before Butler, now the third string SF, does.

Spurs now have 12 players, including McDyess, under contract. They also have two first rounders they have to offer guaranteed deals to.

Dice will be likely either traded or cut. That will leave 13, if they keep Butler. If they do, he's likely a Toro for the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olimpia Milano set to re-sign Malik Hairston, sign Daniel Hackett

Olimpia Milano is close to re-signing Malik Hairston to a new two-year deal and sign Daniel Hackett from Vuelle Pesaro.

Malik Hairston was the top priority for Milano during the summer market. The American SF came in Milano last summer from Siena and coach Scariolo wants him for the future. Hairston should sign a two-year, $3M deal with Olimpia.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/s...l-hackett.html

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Thank God. Two whole years without hearing "why don't the Spurs bring back Malik Hairston?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how sad our small forward depth was. Between Jefferson, Bogans, Finley, and Hairston, who pisses us off the least?

Now with Leonard and Jack around, I don't care about Hairston anymore.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how sad our small forward depth was. Between Jefferson, Bogans, Finley, and Hairston, who pisses us off the least?

Now with Leonard and Jack around, I don't care about Hairston anymore.
    Yep. The reason Pops Mensah Bonsu looked so appealing is because Matt Bonner was the starter. I liked Hairston, but he was the best option available at the bottom of the barrel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saw a pretty good hairston reference in a thread. totally jumpin the gun on the bump.

draft and stash is all injured up. thomas is heading overseas. mcgrady is calling it quits. hairston could make for a good unguaranteed deal.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can make guaranteed money all day in Europe. He has no motivation to come back to the states for an unguaranteed deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the states is where its at, guaranteed or not. he's familiar with the spurs system. he would fit a need. i'd expect him to be more attracted to proving himself under those rather favorable conditions. rather than settling for euro dollars.

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, he was bust during last year in Italy too

Thread Information