Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Anyone catch this show on FX? Looks like it could be possibly not bad. Federal agent returns to Harlan, KY and faces off with a white supremacist and his cronies. Discuss.
    Last edited by The Gemini Method; 03-17-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Good premiere last night and the previews for the season look awesome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My husband liked it, said it has potential.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Not exactly my style, but I might buy it when it comes to DVD. I watched last nights episode, and thought it was good. How much can this theme be played up on? I am one that believes in offing the bad guys, but will it play out to my satisfaction?

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    I like Timothy Olyphant a lot, I'm glad to have the chance to watch him on a regular basis again. I thought the premiere was okay, it caught me enough to watch again and give it a chance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    The director has been a part of some successful series like Dexter, Californication, and True Blood. Hopefully he'll guide this show into something great. Getting Walton Goggins of The Shield fame should lend some sinister tones to the show. Hopefully it'll go well as much of the FX family does (Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, and Nip/Tuck).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    The director has been a part of some successful series like Dexter, Californication, and True Blood. Hopefully he'll guide this show into something great. Getting Walton Goggins of The Shield fame should lend some sinister tones to the show. Hopefully it'll go well as much of the FX family does (Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, and Nip/Tuck).
    I have Dexter and True Blod on DVD.

Both great show. I never thought I would like Dexter at first, but my daughter bough me the 1st season DVD some time back. Got into it. I wouldn't need to be a psychopath to be a vigilante though. There is that part of me that want to be so ing bad...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I have Dexter and True Blod on DVD.

Both great show. I never thought I would like Dexter at first, but my daughter bough me the 1st season DVD some time back. Got into it. I wouldn't need to be a psychopath to be a vigilante though. There is that part of me that want to be so ing bad...
    I have often found myself thinking about being a sociopath and I assume it is not uncommon for those who prescribe to the "straight and narrow" to do so. I know these wild thoughts are not likely to come to fruition, but I can be sure that I am not the only one who would follow in the footsteps of a Dexteresque mindset. However, I don't know if that should really be disclosed on a public forum lol.

On a side note, they film a great deal of Dexter in my hometown of Long Beach, CA. Almost half the show is recognizable by me and it is interesting that they pass it off as Miami.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    However, I don't know if that should really be disclosed on a public forum lol.
    I think it's safe to assume most of us who are fed up with criminals have those random thoughts to just kill them. However, the respect for the law keeps us from doing what we might otherwise consider.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I think it's safe to assume most of us who are fed up with criminals have those random thoughts to just kill them. However, the respect for the law keeps us from doing what we might otherwise consider.
    Oh, is it so hard to just sit back and toe that line though. I grew up going to too many funerals of friends that shouldn't have died and I used to think what it would be like to be like Charles Bronson or Clint Eastwood. These kids were always mistaken for something they weren't and yet, we were at the mercy of a judicial system that didn't exactly extract revenge from those whom killed.

Let's hope this show lasts...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I only have time for Spartacus: Blood and Sand and The Pacific currently as far as TV watching goes unfortunately.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pretty bummed out I forgot all about it since last night was Lost night.

I have to give Olyphant ratings for repping Deadwood (rip).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched the premiere last night. Not bad. The show definitely has potential. Olyphaunt was good, Walt Goggins was better. Good give and take between those two.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Loved the first episode.. this and breaking bad will keep me buis.y

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this type of show is what i call a batman show, a self righteous, somewhat psychotic hero who has is own set of rules doles out justice. it wouldn't matter if this show sucked i would watch every episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wasnt a GREAT premire, but was good enough to keep me watching. The season preview looks like is going to go crazy!! Ill be watching (especially since time warner finally got FX hd)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Anyone still watching?

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I really like it - the dialog is pretty damn good; the writers and Olyphant together have made a great character. The only thing weird is that the premiere seemed to be playing up some long-term plot lines, but the next two episodes have been really stand-alone stories. I'm not a big fan of every episode being tied up in a neat little bow.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dig the show, it's got a great main character and the supporting cast ain't too bad. I hope it sticks around for awhile, this is the kind of stuff Olyphant excels at.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Great Show. Each episode is getting better.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great Show. Each episode is getting better.

the la episode was weak, not enough kentucky, not enough lawman, too much of ferris bueller's friend, also this guy has been on the job for 4 days and killed 4 dudes already, i hope they find a few more creative ways to end episodes, next week we meet lawman's dad so it might be good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hubby still watches it. He does think it gets cheesey at times.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Season Two started a week ago, the second show is on tonight. Looks like it could be a good season. Anyone still watching it?

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season Two started a week ago, the second show is on tonight. Looks like it could be a good season. Anyone still watching it?
    yea, was waiting for it to start again.

Hopefully there's more balance this season between one-off episodes and story arc episodes. Last season kinda slowed down because there felt like too much main storyline that wore thin and not enough crazy convicts for Raylan to chase.

The casting is great, hoping the they get back to Miami at some point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm watching it. I like it, its a little different, in a good way, from most cop/FBI shows. Became a Olyphant fan from his Deadwood days.

Thread Information