Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    WTF? Gus is one of the most inhuman characters on TV, EVER. He's a ing reptile. Killing other psychos doesn't make him any less one.
    IMO the show is trying to tell us that Gus had a heart, and lost it. He became cold because the game required it.

Walt on the other hand, became cold by choice.

I actually find myself cheering for Gus more than Walt these days....his play against those mexicans was a work of art

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    IMO the show is trying to tell us that Gus had a heart, and lost it. He became cold because the game required it.

Walt on the other hand, became cold by choice.

I actually find myself cheering for Gus more than Walt these days....his play against those mexicans was a work of art
    Exactly my thoughts.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I know it's a TV show, but didn't Gus' plan seem kinda.....i don't know....stupid?

This was one of the rare moments on the show where I couldn't suspend reality and just enjoy how badass it was. Not that it isn't at least a little bit plausible, but would the cartel leader really share a bottle of tequila with every last piss-on in attendance?

Also, why didn't he offer anything to Mike? You'd think if he was offering his own bodyguards tequila, he'd do the same for Gus' man.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    It's prolly a cultural thing. Gus had an idea of how his gift would be received, and furthermore, spread around.

As far as Mike not getting any, [shrug]. The don may have not thought enough of him to offer him any, so I'm okay with that.

I would've been more hard-pressed to believe the whole scenario had Gus not gotten sick nearing the end. He (and likewise Mike) obviously didn't get away scott-free.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ... nm

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    I know it's a TV show, but didn't Gus' plan seem kinda.....i don't know....stupid?

This was one of the rare moments on the show where I couldn't suspend reality and just enjoy how badass it was. Not that it isn't at least a little bit plausible, but would the cartel leader really share a bottle of tequila with every last piss-on in attendance?

Also, why didn't he offer anything to Mike? You'd think if he was offering his own bodyguards tequila, he'd do the same for Gus' man.
    He offered one to Jesse. Good move by Gus to have him retract the offer to "an addict". He didn't offer one to Mike, or a couple of his guys, the one Mike strangled, and the one who shot at them as they were leaving. The only "bodyguard" I saw that got one was the guy who accompanied Gus to the bathroom. He was probably the Don's personal bodyguard, which is why he got a drink. Everyone else was at least Capo rank.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

For me walking in front of a sniper was the rare wtf moment.

Gus taking out the cartels with that bottle made sense if you remember the precautions it took to get there (blindfold, weapon search, etc) and if Gus knew how hospitable the leader was. Also Gus himself took a drink too. Doesn't explain why he ignored Mike but maybe Gus gave him an excuse or the leader doesn't appreciate opposing goons.

Gus also had to know there was a party and plenty of hot chicks coming; he had it timed just right to poison them but we'll see if he ended up taking himself out too...
    Last edited by Cane; 09-20-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is a badass show. I can't read the thread yet though - just finished season 1, which means we start season 2 tonight.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    For me walking in front of a sniper was the rare wtf moment.
    See I found that believable, because the cartel never wanted to kill Gus, they just wanted to send a message. They obviously had the chance to kill him years earlier and didn't, alluding to Gus' ties with the Chileans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Gus will survive just to make Jesse use the poison. Also thought it was a decent setup with his video game playing translating into him making a couple of shots when it counted.

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    See I found that believable, because the cartel never wanted to kill Gus, they just wanted to send a message. They obviously had the chance to kill him years earlier and didn't, alluding to Gus' ties with the Chileans.
    Truth

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yea but it looked like the sniper didn't realize it was Gus until after he fired a few shots against him. Terminator Gus scene was both really dumb and really bad ass imo.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think Gus will survive just to make Jesse use the poison. Also thought it was a decent setup with his video game playing translating into him making a couple of shots when it counted.
    Mike taught him how to fire a gun offscreen

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mike taught him how to fire a gun offscreen
    I do remember mention of that. So you think the scene of him shooting zombies was only included to show how ed his mind was?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I do remember mention of that. So you think the scene of him shooting zombies was only included to show how ed his mind was?
    yes, and collect some dollars from Rage.
    i dont see a scenario in which Gus lives this season whether its from the poison, i think he surives or the last episode. there just cant be a way. somebody has to die. jesse, gus or walt. i think we know who is least likely to die.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Can't wait until next episode. is going to hit the fan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So do yall think gus really did see potential in jesse or was his comment earlier this season purely to drive a wedge between jesse and walt? I can't decide on this one but the theme of jesse having latent potential reminded me of season two when jesse went to his parents house and saw an old chemistry test in which walt gave him an F and wrote "You are capable of much more". It seems that that is true.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    reminded me of season two when jesse went to his parents house and saw an old chemistry test in which walt gave him an F and wrote "You are capable of much more". It seems that that is true.
    i forgot about that scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So do yall think gus really did see potential in jesse or was his comment earlier this season purely to drive a wedge between jesse and walt? I can't decide on this one but the theme of jesse having latent potential reminded me of season two when jesse went to his parents house and saw an old chemistry test in which walt gave him an F and wrote "You are capable of much more". It seems that that is true.
    Probably both: Gus sees potential in him and wants to manipulate Jesse a little bit. Although it complicated things I think Gus respected Jesse's decisions of taking out the dealers with the kid. Jesse also has street experience and was a drug dealer himself (leadership potential); most of Gus' guys are ex-military or ex-police so they don't think out of the box like Jesse did against the meth addicts. Jesse is also loyal which means a lot to Gus.

Once Jesse got his act together and stopped throwing house parties, he became a great asset for Gus.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only thing I'm complaining about: Where's the Gus backstory?

Breaking Bad's conditioned us so well and yet remains surprising. Did anyone not see something coming from the gift? And yet, didn't everyone go into that scene like, ' , this is when Jesse dies.' And how many times has that happened, it's ing cliche at this point to point it out, but damn.

Gus' speech after it all, '...or fight me....,' was immaculate. Everything about that character is immaculate.

Sucks that's all we get from Don Eladio. What a character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only thing I'm complaining about: Where's the Gus backstory?

Breaking Bad's conditioned us so well and yet remains surprising. Did anyone not see something coming from the gift? And yet, didn't everyone go into that scene like, ' , this is when Jesse dies.' And how many times has that happened, it's ing cliche at this point to point it out, but damn.

Gus' speech after it all, '...or fight me....,' was immaculate. Everything about that character is immaculate.

Sucks that's all we get from Don Eladio. What a character.
    Yea Gus is a great character and I bet we'll get more backstory even if he dies. Maybe a flashback in the next season or something.

Whats crazy is that the Gus character was made after the Tuco actor had schedule conflicts and couldn't continue the show. Tuco was supposed to be one of the main bad guys throughout the series. Would've been "tight, tight, tight!"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Gus has really grown on me the last 4 or 5 episodes. He's a ing bad ass. Makes me feel sorry that he's almost surely going to die this season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Ok. I've had this discussion with a few people now, and I might as well throw it out here, too. Gus' "friend" that got shot by the Mexican cartel leader...was that Gus' lover?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No idea, I never took it that way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Hmmm...I guess, I just couldn't figure investing so much into that guy (paying for his education, investing in the business) unless there WAS more going on. Not to mention, the turn he took from somewhat mild-mannered and rather meek to what he is now after his boy was killed.

Thread Information