Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this show is the best on TV right now

the endings are especially great, makes you want to watch the next episode, pulls you in, like what the wire used to do.

the green light ending was great this week

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The really interesting thing about BB for me is how they've turned Walter into such an unlikeable character. For most of the first two seasons I was solidly in his corner - sure, he was an anti-hero who did terrible things, but he did them for a righteous reason. In the last 6-8 episodes though, he has become a thoroughly unlikeable character who I can't sympathise with any more. Not only unlikeable, but irrationally angry about everything, and annoyingly incompetent (he was always that, but when I was on his side his incompetence was humorous, not frustrating).

It's a big risk to make your main guy totally unsympathetic, but they've done it cleverly by bringing in Saul as a clown, and spreading the story more broadly over the ensemble, which is fascinating from a writing POV.

What are some other shows that have transformed their main character like this? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    The really interesting thing about BB for me is how they've turned Walter into such an unlikeable character. For most of the first two seasons I was solidly in his corner - sure, he was an anti-hero who did terrible things, but he did them for a righteous reason. In the last 6-8 episodes though, he has become a thoroughly unlikeable character who I can't sympathise with any more. Not only unlikeable, but irrationally angry about everything, and annoyingly incompetent (he was always that, but when I was on his side his incompetence was humorous, not frustrating).

It's a big risk to make your main guy totally unsympathetic, but they've done it cleverly by bringing in Saul as a clown, and spreading the story more broadly over the ensemble, which is fascinating from a writing POV.

What are some other shows that have transformed their main character like this? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.
    I think part of the reason it works is because they made his wife a complete from day 1, and she's gotten even more insufferable as the show has gone on. Even if Walt becomes less likeable, you still root for him because you hate his wife so much.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    If anyone is on Skylar's side, I have no words for you.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

from the "grey matter" episode in season 1 you could tell that he had so much pent up anger from not reaching his potential

on a side note i think his htey ver amde a venutres bros live action movie cranston would be dr venture

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    looks like hank is going to be on their asses as well as the cousins. skylar is a but good looking one. its about time they get cooking again. show is boring drama

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Seriously? Well, prison on an individual scale, the GFC on a global scale. Oh, and don't believe a word of it when people tell you that's the last of the financial shocks... the world is is still massively over-borrowed. It's just a matter of when the debt gets called in.
    I meant consequences in terms of characters (Skyler, Ted) on the show. I just find Skyler such a goddamned hypocrite.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, Skylar has become completely unsympathetic too. I can't agree that she was a " from the start", and I could see why she became more of a as the series went on (Walt's secrecy, money worries, preganancy, trying to make the family work, etc.), but I have no sympathy for her any more.

Hank and Jesse are now the most sympathetic characters. After Walt was an arse to Jesse in the parking lot of the school, all I could think was "why can't you be nice to the guy for once?" And Hank's PTSD is an interesting sub-plot.

from the "grey matter" episode in season 1 you could tell that he had so much pent up anger from not reaching his potential
    Good call.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    best ep of the season so far, my prediction came out to be half true,

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    episode descriptions online are filled with lots of spoilers. it doesnt seem like anyone will die(thats important)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    College
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    great episode last night. tbh I was getting sick of the Nelson Cruz twins doing nothing but walking around acting like badasses. Nice to see them get owned.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    episode descriptions online are filled with lots of spoilers. it doesnt seem like anyone will die(thats important)
    except for that one twinssassin that got a hole through his head,

also good to see sunny in Philadelphia guy get a role outside the show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    except for that one twinssassin that got a hole through his head,

also good to see sunny in Philadelphia guy get a role outside the show
    Who got a role? I missed anyone from them. Was it one of the 3 guys?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have the first 2 seasons of this show sitting there waiting to be watch.

What can I expect? Is it one of those shows that hooks you in and you can barely wait for the next episode?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have the first 2 seasons of this show sitting there waiting to be watch.

What can I expect? Is it one of those shows that hooks you in and you can barely wait for the next episode?
    I watched season 1 and loved it, bout to start season 2. Very addicting, and very well done.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Hank is a pimp.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who got a role? I missed anyone from them. Was it one of the 3 guys?
    one of the mcboyles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just got caught up with the current season. Got to say, best season so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    one of the mcboyles
    Is it the one that's also in that awful looking movie with Micheal Scott?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it the one that's also in that awful looking movie with Micheal Scott?
    dont know havent seen any movies with miceal scott since get smart

but its the guy on the right

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Wholy ing .

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i like gus more and more each episode, now we know what the flash back was all about last week, the generalismo still has some connections

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    next weeks episode is called Kafkaesque

Kafkaesque (comparative more Kafkaesque, superlativemost Kafkaesque)
    Positive
    Kafkaesque

Comparative
    more Kafkaesque

Superlative
    most Kafkaesque

1. Marked by a senseless, disorienting, often menacingcomplexity. Kafkaesque bureaucracies
    2. Marked by surreal distortion and often a sense of impending danger.
    3. In the manner of something written by Kafka.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Gus is awesome possum.

Thread Information