Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2792
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Walt having a vic mackey type ending would be awesome, if it hadnt already been done by the shield. that finale was perfection. like i cant find anything to nitpick on. i kind of hope gilligan trumps the death gore people and does the symbolic death, alone, screwed, lost family and etc.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    This has probably been asked a million times before but why the fudge did Walt leave that book in the bathroom? Did he not realize that it could be self incriminating evidence? I mean seriously, who leaves a book that could link you to a crime in their own bathroom?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was always under the impression it was Skylar's smoking that caused Walt Jr disability. If you remember when Walt confronts Skylar about the cigarettes, he specifically says 'not again' implying this isn't the first time they dealt with this during a pregnancy.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Hank kills Walt leaving Hank with the guilt of losing everything. Or that Walt dies protecting someone he loves (Jesse or Hank). Vince has described the ending as 'victorious' so who knows. My death count on the last episodes remains:

Walt
    Skylar
    Lydia
    Todd
    Walt Jr
    Gomez
    Saul
    And maybe Marie although that would be devastating for Hank.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its not about growing a care for a certain character. You're watching the wrong show if that's what's central to you.
    Sure it is. Books, movies, or tv, there needs to be at least one character that you empathize, sympathize, identify with a certain quirk, find appealing or attractive in some way or love to hate. Because if you don't connect with someone, then their stake in the story means nothing, making the entire story worthless. I don't think the story itself is the only reason so many people watch this show. I'm not denying that the characters are strong or that the writing or production is great, it's just that without the personal appeal I mentioned, all that stuff is not enough to keep me interested. I've stuck with it but as I said maybe it's just not for me.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eh I hope all of them die except for Walt. Breaking Bad isn't about falling in love with a character. that tbh. Leave that to people who watch Lost.
    It doesn't have anything to do with falling in love. You obviously feel some kind of connection with Walt or you wouldn't care if he lives or dies. Without that, you probably wouldn't be watching.

Delonte West fanclub pres lakerhaterade's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It doesn't have anything to do with falling in love. You obviously feel some kind of connection with Walt or you wouldn't care if he lives or dies. Without that, you probably wouldn't be watching.
    No I don't feel a personal connection to Walt. I just hope the bad guy ends up victorious tbh. I'd still watch the show if I didn't care about any character (which I truly don't). It's simply that good.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Agree with my and top 5 most underrated poster haterade, tbh..

I'm hoping Walt survives, although I doubt it, tbh..

No idea how BB thinks Skylar is likeable, tbh..if Skylar dies, I'll have an orgasm, tbh..
    Skyler was cun_ty in Season 1, but after that I don't get the hate for her. She's supposed to be flowers and sunshine to Walt as he turns into a sociopath and turns her son against her? But you'll probably get your wish since Walt was rearranging his own bacon at Denny's.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Skyler was cun_ty in Season 1, but after that I don't get the hate for her. She's supposed to be flowers and sunshine to Walt as he turns into a sociopath and turns her son against her? But you'll probably get your wish since Walt was rearranging his own bacon at Denny's.
    Same here. I'd even extend the cuntiness through season two (I have problems with the passive aggressive ways she started looking to Beneke as a replacement husband), but otherwise I find her to be a completely sympathetic character. Until the first eight episodes of season five, when they turned the skeeve factor up to about 12, Walt has been likable enough that you want to see him succeed in some way (or at least stop and return to a normal family life), but he's been pretty much a monster since season two and Skyler's motivations for trying to make the best of a bad situation and to protect the family unit are very similar to those everyone praises in Walt.

As for maalox's quandary, I would urge you to get through the second season if the only thing you're missing from the show is a sympathetic character. I was initially invested in the show because of the craft of it -- impeccable direction, writing, acting, etc. -- but it took me a while before I had much of a rooting interest in any of the characters. However, I have been fully emotionally invested in Jesse Pinkman's character since the completion of his season two arc, and I would be surprised if you weren't also.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yeah, Jesse's the one to identify with throughout the series if anyone. The thing with Walt is what point you decide he's gone too far; that's different for different people and a nice discussion subject.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    My best guesses:

1. Hank accidentally kills Skyler in a shootout with Walt
    2. Jesse goes to prison and doesn't snitch on Walt
    3. Gomez kills Walt
    4. Todd becomes the blue meth kingpin

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah, Jesse's the one to identify with throughout the series if anyone. The thing with Walt is what point you decide he's gone too far; that's different for different people and a nice discussion subject.
    I already hated Walt early in Season 1 when he wouldn't let those rich s pay for his treatment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    The Jane thing was really the point of no return for Walt, in my mind, but I never found him to be a sympathetic character and have never thought his decision to start cooking meth was even remotely justifiable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Jane thing was really the point of no return for Walt, in my mind, but I never found him to be a sympathetic character and have never thought his decision to start cooking meth was even remotely justifiable.
    Walt is right that Jane would have killed Jesse though, so I don't blame him for that, considering Walt viewed Jesse as a son.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Walt is right that Jane would have killed Jesse though, so I don't blame him for that, considering Walt viewed Jesse as a son.
    Oh, I don't doubt that Jane was horrible for Jesse or that he wouldn't have survived long if they were able to stay together with all of that cash. I'm even willing to entertain the argument that Walt's decision, cold as it was, was ultimately the right decision for Walt and Jesse (it obviously was the right decision in an absolute sense, as evidenced by the chain of events that ends the season). However, I don't buy that Jesse's well being was the primary motivation for Walt's inaction in that moment. I agree that he sees Jesse as a son and that Walt genuinely cares for him, even if only on a subconscious level, but a drugged out Jesse and his junkie girlfriend are ultimately a problem for Walt and I think that Walt's decision is based on solving that problem and on protecting himself. That it removed a negative influence from Jesse's life and allowed Walt to get him into rehab was, I think, a secondary benefit.

Also, no matter the reasoning behind it, I just can't help thinking that if someone can just stand by and watch that, there really isn't much left inside that's human.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Oh, I don't doubt that Jane was horrible for Jesse or that he wouldn't have survived long if they were able to stay together with all of that cash. I'm even willing to entertain the argument that Walt's decision, cold as it was, was ultimately the right decision for Walt and Jesse (it obviously was the right decision in an absolute sense, as evidenced by the chain of events that ends the season). However, I don't buy that Jesse's well being was the primary motivation for Walt's inaction in that moment. I agree that he sees Jesse as a son and that Walt genuinely cares for him, even if only on a subconscious level, but a drugged out Jesse and his junkie girlfriend are ultimately a problem for Walt and I think that Walt's decision is based on solving that problem and on protecting himself. That it removed a negative influence from Jesse's life and allowed Walt to get him into rehab was, I think, a secondary benefit.

Also, no matter the reasoning behind it, I just can't help thinking that if someone can just stand by and watch that, there really isn't much left inside that's human.
    Nah, I think it was more about Jesse's well-being. If Walt was more concerned with business than with Jesse I don't think he would have thrown away his perfect arrangement with Gus by running down those two dealers who killed Tomas and ordered Combo's murder. And if that was my son I would have no trouble whatsoever watching his girlfriend choke to death on her vomit if they're on such a self-destructive path that would have surely killed him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its crazy to see how much faster Walt went down the dark path when he cut ties with Jesse this past season. Jesse was Walts last connection to what little morality he had left.

Jesse has grown in this show and is my favorite character. We all know its gonna end bad for Walt, I would just like Jesse to survive.

I do believe one or both of Walts kids will be killed before the show ends.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Eh I hope all of them die except for Walt. Breaking Bad isn't about falling in love with a character. that tbh. Leave that to people who watch Lost.
    The only really good show I can think of where I found no one likable was Sopranos.

Delonte West fanclub pres lakerhaterade's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only really good show I can think of where I found no one likable was Sopranos.
    true tbh...i'm midway through the third season of the sopranos and I personally am indifferent to every major character thus far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree. I like Jesse and it would be nice for the sake of the character to get a happy ending, but him dying would make the show much more memorable for me. Plus letting Walt live.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    true tbh...i'm midway through the third season of the sopranos and I personally am indifferent to every major character thus far.
    I genuinely dislike every single character on the show, and yet, the only better series I have ever seen is The Wire.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So who gets the ricin?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    So who gets the ricin?
    we know he goes to retrieve it either in the last episode or the penultimate episode. so my guess its not todd. i think he's dying midway, one way or another. remember he has those crazy nazi uncles and so those type of people on your ass is a compelling reason to go to new jersey and hide. i dont think they'd copy the shield and have him use it on skyler. i wont elaborate since some may be watching the show or havent yet.
    im kind of hoping chekhov's gun becomes gilligans ricin fakeout. that it doesnt get used.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    i'm so ing ready for tonight

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would have to say this is a close second behind The Sopranos for best series. Can't wait. Only thing that sucks is I have not seen the first half of this season as Netflix is sucking fat nuts when it comes to the newest episodes.

Thread Information