Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I never understood all the hype on The Wire. I watched season 1 and wasn't impressed at all. It was slow, boring, and flat out dragged. It never kept me wanting more. After I was told the rest of the seasons follow the same pace as season 1 (boring,slow/dragging), I saw no reason to continue. Man that hour long finale was brutal.
    LL

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

I had such high expectations for this show, and it failed to deliver. For a show to get me hooked, it has to stay interesting and keep me wanting more. I started off season 1 with excitement and it ended in major disappointment. My g/f is all about the show, and she has the entire collection. She was begging for me to see it, and I held back my thoughts until the end of season 1. I was expecting it to pick up, and it never did. It just dragged and dragged and was boring. She was pretty pissed when I told her all of this.

I am a fan of The Shield, Breaking Bad, Dexter, 24, and a ton of other shows. This one just didn't do it for me. I gave it a whole season but it didn't do the trick. I did read up on the upcoming seasons to see all that happened though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    man the wire has to be one of the most under rated shows ever. Its a shame you can't enjoy it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    man the wire has to be one of the most under rated shows ever. Its a shame you can't enjoy it
    I tried. I really did, but it never got me hooked. Late at night, I was even dosing off watching it. It isn't like I enjoyed hating it. Trust me I was PISSED because it didn't even come close to reaching my expectations. All I ever ask for on a show is to keep me interested and keep me wanting more. Get me emotionally involved with the characters etc etc.

Crowned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jesse's transformation was great this episode. I think the look was more of an animalistic "now I get it" moment he had with Gus. They're both killers and I think part of the look on his face was to show that he's not intimidated by Gus anymore.
    Jesse has been incredible this whole series. He was only originally written as a few episode guest star at the beginning - but he just killed it, and they kept him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    i wouldnt call it underrated. that show gets endless sucking from critics and viewers alike. its not unfounded, its worthy of it but maybe under appreciated is more true. nobody watched it. its like the shawshank redemption of tv shows. discovered after its released and or finished.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I knew Victor would die as soon as he let the people at the crime scene see him.

Very glad it happened, I didn't really like his character. Gus is not somebody to be ed with.
    I would put Gus right behind Tuco in terms of scariest characters in this show's history. Gus uses violence for specific purposes while Tuco was a sadistic, unstable tweeker who was unpredictable, and that made him more terrifying to me. Both scary as tho tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would put Gus right behind Tuco in terms of scariest characters in this show's history. Gus uses violence for specific purposes while Tuco was a sadistic, unstable tweeker who was unpredictable, and that made him more terrifying to me. Both scary as tho tbh
    That was definitely a badass scene.

SPOILER:

Gale is one dumb . If you are working in a ING METH LAB why the are you taking your lab notes home?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That was definitely a badass scene.

SPOILER:

Gale is one dumb . If you are working in a ING METH LAB why the are you taking your lab notes home?
    Gale is a . I hope she dies.

Anyways,

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another double post, jesus what a mouse.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

its hard to disagree:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I really like this show, I am really happy that its back and because of my fanaticism for this show, I know that what I am about to say is relatively sacrelidge, but I felt that the episode dragged a lot. I mean the entire episode was really about an hour of waiting where one (maybe two) thing(s) happened. Waiting can be good for the building of suspense, but it can't be streched for an hour and has to be done right. I really hope that this episode was just an hour of stage setting for a great season, but taken on its own merits this episode was not in the top half of series episodes for me (a bad thing to say about a premier or finale).

Oh well, I guess I will go back to catching up to Sons of Anarchy.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Today, ots.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think Jesse is going to hit the pipe hard ing core again in this episode

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think Jesse is going to hit the pipe hard ing core again in this episode
    Called it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Walt needs to chill. Jesse is falling apart. I guess that is expected. They wear their emotion on their sleeve too much. They should probably be dead but this show needs them to be alive to continue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    slow episode. i knew it was coming.

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^This

The episode was really slow not much happened. Definitely one of my least favorite episodes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Yeah I think this show is stuck in a rut right now. I don't know how they'll pull through this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Jesse needs to achieve a new level of C&P with his drug usage.

Walt needs to get a Walther ppk .380 double action like Brother Mouzone, and kill the outta Gus by not going thru the front door

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i wouldnt call it underrated. that show gets endless sucking from critics and viewers alike. its not unfounded, its worthy of it but maybe under appreciated is more true. nobody watched it. its like the shawshank redemption of tv shows. discovered after its released and or finished.
    it got on by every major award, not that it matters but still ya know

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    You guys are re ed. This episode was fantastic. Just because there's not a load of nonstop action doesn't mean it isn't good. Appreciate the buildup.

btw I ing hate Skylar so much it makes me want to puke. ing things up for Walt with every step. I guarantee you that she's going to be killed at some point before this series is over, and when she dies I will freaking jump out of my seat and celebrate harder than I did when the Mavs won the le.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Also, I realized why Jesse is so essential to the story. He's the moral center of the story. You might think it's Walt but it's not.

Everything Walt has done has been purely out of his own self-interest. He had too much pride to take charity, so he started cooking. That's how it began, with selfish pride. Even his loyalty to Jesse is purely selfish, because he knows he personally cannot trust another co-worker. It's 100% selfishness and even though you root for Walt, he isn't the true moral center of the show.

Jesse has shown time and again that even with his idiotic, and sometimes selfish behavior, there's a foundation of selflessness and human decency within him that drives everything he does. It's Jesse that keeps you watching this show.

Thread Information