Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    They're going to play us along like Jesse is going to finally be what Walt, Mike and Gus are. Whatever it takes to get it done, but he wont pull the trigger next time they need him to. I remember being fulled early on in season 3.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Jesse doesn't have it in him to be like them. He has too much humanity. Sure he killed Gail, but only because it would save his friend's life. To kill truly in cold blood isn't in him.

But I think if it comes down to Gus vs. Jesse, that Jesse would win. Jesse's look at Gus in the first episode was pretty clearly that he isn't the least bit intimidated by Gus anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah I think this show is stuck in a rut right now. I don't know how they'll pull through this.
    The writer's guild requires shows like this to allow inexperienced writers to create at least one episode. You can usually tell which episode it is, such as this one.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I really like this show, I am really happy that its back and because of my fanaticism for this show, I know that what I am about to say is relatively sacrelidge, but I felt that the episode dragged a lot. I mean the entire episode was really about an hour of waiting where one (maybe two) thing(s) happened. Waiting can be good for the building of suspense, but it can't be streched for an hour and has to be done right. I really hope that this episode was just an hour of stage setting for a great season, but taken on its own merits this episode was not in the top half of series episodes for me (a bad thing to say about a premier or finale).

Oh well, I guess I will go back to catching up to Sons of Anarchy.
    Sons turned into the most boring, predictable, melodramatic POS I have ever seen in the second season.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Breaking Bad has settled into a groove where they can afford to do things that great TV series do, like have a few "slow" shows at the beginning of a season to set up the action later on. It doesn't have to be action packed every episode. That's what shows like 24 do to mask the fact that they are terribly written.

I think the first two episodes have been great and I'm even more excited about where the season is heading.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Also, I realized why Jesse is so essential to the story. He's the moral center of the story. You might think it's Walt but it's not.

Everything Walt has done has been purely out of his own self-interest. He had too much pride to take charity, so he started cooking. That's how it began, with selfish pride. Even his loyalty to Jesse is purely selfish, because he knows he personally cannot trust another co-worker. It's 100% selfishness and even though you root for Walt, he isn't the true moral center of the show.

Jesse has shown time and again that even with his idiotic, and sometimes selfish behavior, there's a foundation of selflessness and human decency within him that drives everything he does. It's Jesse that keeps you watching this show.
    Pretty funny if you just now realized that about jesse. They have been pounding away at that theme since season two. Walt is a piece of , a huge selfish asshole. Every step of the way he has been ing over and ruining jesses life. This started in like the second or third episode when jesses house started getting destroyed, although back then it was funny to watch jesse get screwed over. Now after multiple hospital trips, broken bones, lost loved ones, broken relationships, and almost every aspect of his life other than drug making being taken away from him, i just hope jesse makes it out okay and walt gets what's coming to him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pretty funny if you just now realized that about jesse. They have been pounding away at that theme since season two. Walt is a piece of , a huge selfish asshole. Every step of the way he has been ing over and ruining jesses life. This started in like the second or third episode when jesses house started getting destroyed, although back then it was funny to watch jesse get screwed over. Now after multiple hospital trips, broken bones, lost loved ones, broken relationships, and almost every aspect of his life other than drug making being taken away from him, i just hope jesse makes it out okay and walt gets what's coming to him.

True, some of the hardships Jesse's faced can be seen as Walt's fault. You're overlooking a lot of things though. Walt didn't tell Jesse to do Heroin. , he brought him to rehab and saved all his money. Walt didn't think Jesse would get beat into a near coma by Tuco, but when he found out he went back to Tuco and managed to make him pay the hospital bills. Walt killed two guys for him.... I could go on and on but Jesse's drug abuse is the most obvious source of his problems.

This feels weird to defend a fictional character. I guess that's just how good this show is

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    I can't remember, was the show always this slow? first 2 episodes could have easily been, and should have been, just one episode, or 3/4ths of an episode.

also, the writers have been going wherever the wind blows them since season 2, and then when they don't know how to continue with a storyline, they just kill off some character(s) and reset back to Jessee and Walt cooking meth and struggling with their personal lives.

still, it's about the only drama worth tuning in to IMO

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    yep every altruistic action walt makes also always benefits him personally. But what i was saying at first about jesse is that he has been shown to be the only one with a good heart since around the time he was supposed to kill that guy whose wife killed him anyways with the atm machine. he felt for that little ginger kid and we kinda saw how he had a noble heart. That's why we may actually see jesse change for the worst now that he has killed in cold blood and realizes he may be killed at any moment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't read any of this because I just finished watching the first season, but wow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Another interesting episode. It went away from the business and went with storylines around it since Walt really can't get out of that situation. Spy cameras might be used to figure out how to make the Meth the way Walt does it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anna Gunn is so over-Botoxed this season she's almost unwatchable.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    the mask

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know why Walter was acting like the car wash deal was definitely not going to happen after only waiting 5 hours. Then after his wife negotiates he thinks she ruined the deal because the guy didn't automatically call back. Stupid writing, imo.

Besides that I thought it was a good episode. I like the season opener and this episode but the second one was terrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Anna Gunn is so over-Botoxed this season she's almost unwatchable.
    rofl. I was wondering what it was about her that looked off. I think she also put on a few.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    I don't know why Walter was acting like the car wash deal was definitely not going to happen after only waiting 5 hours. Then after his wife negotiates he thinks she ruined the deal because the guy didn't automatically call back. Stupid writing, imo.
    That's pretty much just Walter. I don't see anything in those two situations that is in conflict with his home character over the past 3 seasons. He's perfecting his cooking, and his violent nature, but he's still a clueless about other people and their natures. If I were in Walter's circle of friends and family, I'd never believe the "gambling" money story they're trying to spin. He lacks any kind of imagination or moxie to succeed at gambling.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    yeah he's pretty much a giant egotistical nerd that has found a passion for breaking more bad

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought the most recent episode was one of the worst of the series if not the worst. I don't always need gruesome deaths like exploding turtles but this episode overall felt like filler material on an otherwise great album.

Skylar and Walt make me cringe when they're on screen, there's just not a lot of great stuff happening there. Walt and Jesse is where the show is at its best.

It'll undoubtedly pick up and according to Gilligan the show is set for 5 seasons with the possibility of it showing up to another network if AMC lowballs them.

Anyway a prediction: The lab gets compromised and they move the stuff to the car wash where it will run into problems with the previous owner if he hires a lawyer. Oh yea and people will die or get hurt in the process. Maybe Skylar and Walt need to rely on old friends to make the car wash purchase more realistic financially like borrowing money from one of their rich business friends unless those characters are gone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I thought the most recent episode was one of the worst of the series if not the worst. I don't always need gruesome deaths like exploding turtles but this episode overall felt like filler material on an otherwise great album.
    Agreed.... So far this season I have had a "meh" feeling about the show. Hopefully this is indeed just the set up for a dynamite second half of the season.

On a different subject.... Has anyone seen "lie to me"? My wife and I are caught up with sons of anarchy so we had to move to something new and saw this on netflix. I have watched three episodes and I like it so far. The main character reminds me of house (sarcastic asshole genius). I don't know about it though. I just think that it may be too formulaic and get boring real fast. Has anyone seen it to comment on it?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Agreed.... So far this season I have had a "meh" feeling about the show. Hopefully this is indeed just the set up for a dynamite second half of the season.

On a different subject.... Has anyone seen "lie to me"? My wife and I are caught up with sons of anarchy so we had to move to something new and saw this on netflix. I have watched three episodes and I like it so far. The main character reminds me of house (sarcastic asshole genius). I don't know about it though. I just think that it may be too formulaic and get boring real fast. Has anyone seen it to comment on it?
    You hit the nail on the head. Lie To Me became too predictable that I didn't really keep watching it. Probably why they axed the show as well.

This season of Breaking Bad seems to be what most have said in this thread; mundane. However, I think it is setting up the viewers for a super-climatic end kind've like the fall of Tony Montana, but a rather short ascension by Walt and perhaps Skyler until it all comes tumbling down as is the case of most drug kingpins.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You hit the nail on the head. Lie To Me became too predictable that I didn't really keep watching it. Probably why they axed the show as well.

This season of Breaking Bad seems to be what most have said in this thread; mundane. However, I think it is setting up the viewers for a super-climatic end kind've like the fall of Tony Montana, but a rather short ascension by Walt and perhaps Skyler until it all comes tumbling down as is the case of most drug kingpins.
    So the other TV shows I have on my queue are Mad Men, Rescue Me, and Weeds. I have seen one episode of the two latter and none of the former. The two latter look good, but I havent gotten around to watching any more. Of those three (plus lie to me) could yall please rank them?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I guess I need to start watching this show.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    So the other TV shows I have on my queue are Mad Men, Rescue Me, and Weeds. I have seen one episode of the two latter and none of the former. The two latter look good, but I havent gotten around to watching any more. Of those three (plus lie to me) could yall please rank them?
    1. Mad Men
    4. the first few seasons of Weeds
    8. the rest of Weeds

And I've never watched Rescue Me. Or Lie to Me.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    agree that this season has to be a build up so far but it should be worth it when it peaks.

and yeah- the first few seasons of weeds were ing gold.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    1.Mad Men
    1a.Breaking Bad (both are my favorite...but I can't put Walt White above Don Draper...)
    2.Weeds
    3.Rescue Me (I just can't get used to Dennis Leary)
    4.Lie to Me

Biased a little bit, but I enjoy the complexity of the relationships in the Mad Men.

Thread Information