Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched the first couple of episodes of the first season of Mad Men and it didn't start off nearly as good as Breaking Bad. Mad Men has a high rating though so I will probably watch some more episodes in the future. It was pretty good just not as good. IMO, almost every episode of Breaking Bad has been pretty solid.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I actually thought Breaking Bad started off slower...built up speed and came together towards the end. That seems to be the m.o. for the writers every season...although, you can make the argument that the 2nd season was full throttle from the start. Mad Men is a constant web of creativity with the writing intertwines as the season unfolds. The Wire was the same way and that's why The Wire is top-10 TV series of all-time in my opinion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Interesting takes on something I was thinking about as well. Right now I'm on season two episode four or five, can't recall off hand. It really seems to me like you'll have one episode where it's balls to the wall exciting, and it will end in a cliffhanger. That next episode usually clears everything up, and then the one after that is incredibly boring.

I know you have to explore the characters, etc but it can be quite boring at times.

The first three episodes that deal with Tuco are a good example. The first two are great, and intense, but after that it's Walt making up lies and cooking breakfast.

It's just such a big difference between the intense episodes, and the ass boring ones.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Wonder what will happen to Jesse Pinkman. Are they killing him off? lol

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice episode.

Walt has to try save that idiot again.

lol Walt only does things out of self interest.

The guy clearly cares for the well being of Jesse.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    nice episode.

Lol walt only does things out of self interest.

The guy clearly cares for the well being of jesse.
    +1

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Nice episode.

lol Walt only does things out of self interest.

The guy clearly cares for the well being of Jesse.
    He "cares" about Jesse in the sense that it would be damn near impossible to hit his quota without him, and Jesse knows everything about Walt and the operation. If Jesse were gone, Walt would need a new assistant, and you could start the countdown on his life clock. They are each other's fail safes, but only Walt seems to realize this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great opening scene and good cliffhanger heading into next week. Looking like it's about to jump up a notch here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Walt cares a little about Jesse but Jesse's been showing him the door and going over the edge. Walt seemed a little guilty about letting his gf die from the Fly episode. But overall Walt only cares about his family and smooth sailing.

Anyway Gus seems screwed since the DEA will investigate that cartel shooting and those lab notes probably don't help either (btw that karaoke was hilarious).

Jesse's either going to turn into Mike 2.0 if he's ready to kill more or he's going to disappear like what Saul can provide. Mike needs a new Victor, guarding that truck was a young man's job and they might go on the offensive now against the cartel. Mike could also scare Jesse if he uses his kid-brother or friends like Badger as leverage.

Great episode, this season's gotta be the downfall of Gus.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Weeds used to be a really good show, first two seasons were enjoyable, after that it just went downhill fast. Now its just scenes of absurd unrealistic situations the characters manage to get themselfs into collaged together into an unwatchable mess. When it gets bad too much for you, and say meh, i suggest u just stop watching, it will just get worse from that point on.

Mad Men on other hand is completely on the level, consistent writting with interesting plots, subplots and subsubplots, brilliant characters which you slowly grow to love, and its kinda fun watching the 60s come alive. Oh and ye, the intro is perfection.

Lie to me i only watched two episodes and it looks like crap. From the new shows i think ur better of watching Boardwalk Empire and How To Make it America, both pretty decent.

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wonder what will happen to Jesse Pinkman. Are they killing him off? lol
    TBH, I doubt he gets killed. A show needs characters to be opposites to create conflict. Walt an Jesse does that for BB. Their won't be another character that brings what Jesse does.

Not sure what is going to happen to him though.

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He "cares" about Jesse in the sense that it would be damn near impossible to hit his quota without him, and Jesse knows everything about Walt and the operation. If Jesse were gone, Walt would need a new assistant, and you could start the countdown on his life clock. They are each other's fail safes, but only Walt seems to realize this.
    Walt risked everything to save Jesse by killing those low level street dealers. At that time if he didn't save him they could have got that other guy back to help Walt. Walt saved him anyways; knowing that it could jeopardize his business with Gus.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Walt risked everything to save Jesse by killing those low level street dealers. At that time if he didn't save him they could have got that other guy back to help Walt. Walt saved him anyways; knowing that it could jeopardize his business with Gus.
    Again, you're attributing to altruism what is self-preservation. If Jesse gets into a gun fight with those two dudes, he's likely to be either killed or arrested, and then he'd drop dime on Walt.

Pure and simple: Jesse could destroy Walt, so Walt keeps pulling his bacon out of the fire.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This debate is becoming more and more pointless.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Don't get how you could argue that Walt isn't helping Jesse for the sake of helping Jesse.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Anyone think there's even an off chance Gus and Mike tell Jesse what Walt could have done to save Jane?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Do they know Walt just stood there?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    They could. Mike did get to check out the house before that. I'd imagine he would know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nah I doubt Mike knows and even if he did it would be stupid to tell Jesse since he'd just try and things up even more.

But I do think Jesse is ready to kill more and will be trained to fight against the cartels with Mike. Mike will probably use that blindfolded guy as a test to see if Jesse really is ready to kill and break even more bad.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Don't get how you could argue that Walt isn't helping Jesse for the sake of helping Jesse.
    Basically because the show isn't called Breaking Buds.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Basically because the show isn't called Breaking Buds.
    pwnt

i think it's up to Vince and other writers on the show to pull it off, but they're obviously trying to make Walt bailing Jesse out more and more ambiguous in regards to motive. They're smarter than just sticking to Walt bailing out jesse because he likes him over and over and over and over again

Besides Gale's karaoke video, the second funniest moment of the last episode was Mike staring at the X-Acto Knife amongst the pens in Gus' coffee cup on his desk. The camera focused on it then defocused and shows Mike just staring at it.... in awesome

I think Mike's about to crack

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

"Yo, it's on tonight "

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Intense episode. Very hard to read what was going to happen next.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    AMC Renews Breaking Bad for 16 More Episodes to Conclude Series
    http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...enews-brea.php

AMC announced today that Breaking Bad, the Emmy Award-winning and critically lauded drama series from acclaimed writer-producer-director Vince Gilligan has been renewed for a 16 episode order that will conclude the series. Production on all episodes of the final order will commence in early 2012. The roll-out of the episodes and premiere date schedule has yet to be determined by the network. The announcement was made by Charlie Collier, president of AMC.

Breaking Bad's fourth season premiered on Sun., Jul. 18 to the highest ratings ever for the series. Household ratings are 30% stronger than Season 3 and Season 4 is delivering 28% more total viewers and over 45% more adults 18-34 than last season. The series was recognized as "...the most complete and extraordinary show on TV" by Entertainment Weekly while Daily Variety called it "the most addictive show on the air."

Thread Information