Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I hope they don't split the last 16 episodes into two seasons. That would suck majorly.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    I hope they don't split the last 16 episodes into two seasons. That would suck majorly.
    AMC does weird with their shows, sometimes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they DID split it into two seasons, even, or otherwise.

OK, on to this episode:

1) Walt is a ing idiot, and an egomaniac, to boot. When your DEA bro-in-law is about to give up on his quasi investigation, you don't give him ammo to continue, just because he thinks someone else (Gale) is responsible for your primo product.

2) I still think Gus and Mike are setting up Jesse. The life of one of Gus's couriers is a very dangerous one, and that would be the perfect way to kill him without actually "killing" him. Just put him in the back of one of the chicken batter/Meth delivery trucks, and let the cartel do the rest.

3) I think Gus is done. With Hank finding the Pollos Hermanos t-shirt at the scene of the murder of Gale the vegan, I think the jig is up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Great episode. It will be sad when this show ends. I wonder how it will end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why the is Gus trying to make Walt more paranoid? Walt can be just as dangerous and dumb as a house-partying Jesse and he's got the means to start his own business. Trying to kill off either Walt or Jesse also wouldn't be good for the meth business either.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what goes on in the next cartel meeting. Will they bring Jesse as a bodyguard to the meeting? Send him or Walt to the cartels and forge a crazy alliance? Who the knows but this past episode was the best of the season so far and the past 3 have really picked up the pace.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    1) Walt is a ing idiot, and an egomaniac, to boot. When your DEA bro-in-law is about to give up on his quasi investigation, you don't give him ammo to continue, just because he thinks someone else (Gale) is responsible for your primo product.
    But it's in keeping with his character. All that stuff Hank was saying about "doing something else with his life given his genius" and whatnot was hitting entirely too close to home. It's what he's dealt with internally for his entire life. In fact, have they ever really answered the question as to why Walt didn't continue on in Gray Matter and began teaching high school? I can't recall.

2) I still think Gus and Mike are setting up Jesse. The life of one of Gus's couriers is a very dangerous one, and that would be the perfect way to kill him without actually "killing" him. Just put him in the back of one of the chicken batter/Meth delivery trucks, and let the cartel do the rest.
    I think that continues to be Gus' plan, but I can't shake the feeling that Mike's really starting to warm up to him. There's some small level of sympathy in Mike whereas Gus is completely devoid of emotion. Just ing ruthless...which is awesome.

This last episode was the first time I ever felt a SINCERE level of disdain for our developing antihero Walt. His grilling of Jesse in the back and his insistence that "it's all about me" while discrediting Jesse entirely made no sense. So what if Jesse feels useful now. It's made him more productive...it's got him off tha junk. So he's not around occasionally for clean-up. WGAF?

It prolly goes back to YOUR point, Chuck, about his egomania. It's annoying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But it's in keeping with his character. All that stuff Hank was saying about "doing something else with his life given his genius" and whatnot was hitting entirely too close to home. It's what he's dealt with internally for his entire life. In fact, have they ever really answered the question as to why Walt didn't continue on in Gray Matter and began teaching high school? I can't recall.

I think that continues to be Gus' plan, but I can't shake the feeling that Mike's really starting to warm up to him. There's some small level of sympathy in Mike whereas Gus is completely devoid of emotion. Just ing ruthless...which is awesome.

This last episode was the first time I ever felt a SINCERE level of disdain for our developing antihero Walt. His grilling of Jesse in the back and his insistence that "it's all about me" while discrediting Jesse entirely made no sense. So what if Jesse feels useful now. It's made him more productive...it's got him off tha junk. So he's not around occasionally for clean-up. WGAF?

It prolly goes back to YOUR point, Chuck, about his egomania. It's annoying.
    I finally got to catch up on this season.

One thing that didn't ring true to his character (IMO) on the last episode was Walt's use of the Hondurans to clean up the lab. As paranoid as Walt has been, I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't think or realize he was jeopardizing the safety of the cleaning women. I was somewhat suprised, given Gus's ruthlessness, that they weren't killed. With Walt to bear even more guilt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I think that's simply due to the fact that Walt's been swingin' his more this season. From his speech to his wife about being the "guy that knocks" to his insistence on keeping that Paki's (?) first dollar and using it on a coke (which was ing pimp), to his sitting back, relaxing, and toasting the camera while the Honduran's tidied up.

He's finally seeing how much weight he has to throw around. It's outta character for previous seasons Walt, but seems to be developing in the 4th...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think that's simply due to the fact that Walt's been swingin' his more this season. From his speech to his wife about being the "guy that knocks" to his insistence on keeping that Paki's (?) first dollar and using it on a coke (which was ing pimp), to his sitting back, relaxing, and toasting the camera while the Honduran's tidied up.

He's finally seeing how much weight he has to throw around. It's outta character for previous seasons Walt, but seems to be developing in the 4th...
    Yeah, that's all true. I guess they could be bulding to something pretty big. Seems like he's cracking on some level. I loved the tension created in the Pollos Hermanos scence when he was waiting for Gus. Seemed like he was a hair away from whipping out the pistol.

EDIT: I just read that the show will be done after the 5th season so I guess it makes sense for Walt to go through one more major change. I'll hate to see it go but I'm glad they aren't going to just drag out foreever.
    Last edited by cantthinkofanything; 08-24-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    just got real. i think the season's really gonna pick up from here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    just got real. i think the season's really gonna pick up from here.
    Hope so.

I've still enjoyed the season, for the most part. It just doesn't seem to have that cliffhanger-like grab that the majority of the prior seasons' eps had. Maybe they feel like they've already gotten their audience by this point, so those invested will stick around. And, to their credit, that's prolly true. Atleast, it is in MY case.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hope so.

I've still enjoyed the season, for the most part. It just doesn't seem to have that cliffhanger-like grab that the majority of the prior seasons' eps had. Maybe they feel like they've already gotten their audience by this point, so those invested will stick around. And, to their credit, that's prolly true. Atleast, it is in MY case.
    Maybe I was sleeping somewhere. How did Gus's fingerprints end up at Gayle's?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hope so.

I see what you mean since the other seasons had those weird teddy bear intro's and random stuff like a music video featuring a mariachi band singing the cartels will hunt down Heisenberg.

This season started out slow but the past few episodes have been excellent and the pace has picked up. Now the DEA, cartels, and possibly Walt/Jesse are going to give Gus a lot of serious problems. Should be good stuff ahead.

Compared to past seasons, this season has also been missing Jesse/Walt scenes and crazy side characters like Tuco. Having Hank sidelined also made things less interesting since that means less DEA action too.
    Last edited by Cane; 08-30-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe I was sleeping somewhere. How did Gus's fingerprints end up at Gayle's?
    They showed in a flashback at the beginning of the season that Gus went over to his apartment to talk to him about taking Walt's place...and Gail said he wasn't ready yet and all this...

Gus ends up touching a few things in the scene..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They showed in a flashback at the beginning of the season that Gus went over to his apartment to talk to him about taking Walt's place...and Gail said he wasn't ready yet and all this...

Gus ends up touching a few things in the scene..
    Gracias. Makes sense now.

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The season is getting better and better. Hank is finally doing some decent DEA work.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    I'm calling Walt's fate right now. He'll be shot in the ing head just like every other chemist who works with Gus. That flashback was nasty. I guess we know who the other Pollo Hermano WAS.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One of the best episodes of the series.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    One of the best episodes of the series.
    It was pretty good. Patton Oswalt really liked it, saying it was one of the ten best hours of TV he has ever seen on twitter.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    I don't know who's sweating more right now, Gus or Walt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It seems pretty clear that this season is a setup to make Walt the new king-pin. I do like that next season is slated to be the last. Hopefully the writers can really deliver knowing where the end point for the series will be.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    i think gus is done. and its not just because i read the last episode's description. like last year's it was cryptic and doesn't reveal a whole lot. somebody is gonna die. and it should be confirmed with AMC's warnings before every episode of "violence may come be warned".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    re: Fpoonsie's sig pic -

I've never seen the cartoon, I don't even know what it is. but I just noticed... the hole in the rock wall reminds me of something...

Back on track... new episode tonight!

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Wow...just ing wow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pretty cool when Jesse bounced the tracker off walt's skull...
    Last edited by Bender; 09-11-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Walt's crossing that threshold to being completely unsympathetic.

Thread Information