Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2792
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's because he needed access to Todd's place. He knew he had stashed money there.
    Nah, they had already gone to Todd's apartment, he knew the adress and he knew the money was on the books at that time. He could have easily killed Todd, take the car, drive to his house, grab the money and get the out.

The problem is, Jesse was all kinds of ed up at that point. He was scared and not all there mentally. Heck, he might have even developed a mild case of stockholm syndrome. After being in that cage for so long, going out, dressing up, seeing the sun, getting some air must have felt great for him and he was scared to that up. If he tried to kill Todd and he failed, the backlash would have been 10 times tougher than what he had been through up to that point.

Also, I disagree with Spurtacular saying that the scene didn't stay true to Jesse's character. How many times did we see Jesse struggling to shoot or kill someone? He didn't do it to Walt after their relationship was beying repair, he didn't do it to Gus, heck he didn't even do it to those guys that killed his girlfriend's little brother despite showing up in front of them with a gun.

The only time he killed somebody, up to that point, was to save someone else's life, and after doing it, he was never the same.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^ Yeah that scene didn't really ring true for me either. In fact the entire El Camino movie (already said this earlier) was unnecessary IMO. It just felt like a "let's get the gang all back together and have some fun" type of thing. Jesse's escape left a little ambiguous was just fine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So I finally watched this (quarantine making me catch up with all must see screen fiction). The show it's obviously great but pretty much everyone agrees on this, so, what's the fun of bringing that up?

Instead, what I want to point out, is that I'm not sure all that on screen crying by baby Holly White doesn't fall under the category of child abuse, tbh. There's one scene in particular where she looked straight up scared for life terrified, tbh.
    gifted child actor tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What the fu...whatchu mean it's on par with The Wire? Let's see it go 5 seasons of consistent ass kicking episodes before we start talking like that.

I'd be intrigued if I hadn't read an article about it with a death *spoiler* awhile back. But I did, so I'm not.
    5 seasons, plus a movie, plus a spin-off, !!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    gifted child actor tbh

GOAT baby scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

GOAT baby scene.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Nah, they had already gone to Todd's apartment, he knew the adress and he knew the money was on the books at that time. He could have easily killed Todd, take the car, drive to his house, grab the money and get the out.

The problem is, Jesse was all kinds of ed up at that point. He was scared and not all there mentally. Heck, he might have even developed a mild case of stockholm syndrome. After being in that cage for so long, going out, dressing up, seeing the sun, getting some air must have felt great for him and he was scared to that up. If he tried to kill Todd and he failed, the backlash would have been 10 times tougher than what he had been through up to that point.

Also, I disagree with Spurtacular saying that the scene didn't stay true to Jesse's character. How many times did we see Jesse struggling to shoot or kill someone? He didn't do it to Walt after their relationship was beying repair, he didn't do it to Gus, heck he didn't even do it to those guys that killed his girlfriend's little brother despite showing up in front of them with a gun.

The only time he killed somebody, up to that point, was to save someone else's life, and after doing it, he was never the same.
    I no longer remember what all I said. But Jessie knew Todd was a psychopath who had killed the kid. He would've been thinking daily of ways to kill him if nothing else. The hesitation would not have been there. The Stockholm Syndrome was a terrible calculation by Vince Gil.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok. I've had this discussion with a few people now, and I might as well throw it out here, too. Gus' "friend" that got shot by the Mexican cartel leader...was that Gus' lover?
    Of course it was. Gus' mild manmerisms always screamed gay even before his "friend" was presented.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think the finale could have been better if, instead of catching an unlikely bullet and dying, Walt would have just been caught by the police (actually, he just turns himself in by pacefully waiting in the lab; maybe even after making one last batch). Cut to 6 months later, Walt dying on a hospital bed from cancer and his family (with a full blown walking, talking Holly) finally forgiving him and giving him a loving sendoff.

I think it would have been better for a couple of reasons:

1st) it gives Walt an unlikely, yet completely realistic and plausible, "happy" ending of sorts. He could even make clear that he never trully killed Hank.

2nd) it ends how it all started, with cancer. Not with some random ass, cliche bullet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Regarding the fly epidose (sorry, I'm late to all the BB parties) it entertained me, but only because it kept me hooked expecting something that never happened: I was anxiously rooting for Walt to not something up in the lab. The way the episode was going it was obvious that was the only way for something trully relevant to happen. But it didn't end up happening.

So, yeah, at the end of the day, even though the episode was entertainig for me, I have to side with the people that put that episode among the bottom half of the bunch. I mean, the episode was literally planned to be a money saving filler. They themselves acknowledged this fact. People saying it was "genius" or giving it more importance than it really has are probably too busy admiring themselves in the mirror, while they suck on their own genitals, to realize that that episode could be erased from the face of the Earth and not a signle thing from the show would be missing.

"Oh, but the fly is a beatiful kafkaesque representation of Walt's immense guilt, which prompted him to blah, blah, blah".

Get the out with that . We didn't need a fly to realize any of the we already figured out on other episodes. The episode it's fine for what it is: a budget leveling bottle episode, but to try to pretend like it's one of the best in the show and a piece of art is some y pretentious bull .

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Regarding the fly epidose (sorry, I'm late to all the BB parties) it entertained me, but only because it kept me hooked expecting something that never happened: I was anxiously rooting for Walt to not something up in the lab. The way the episode was going it was obvious that was the only way for something trully relevant to happen. But it didn't end up happening.

So, yeah, at the end of the day, even though the episode was entertainig for me, I have to side with the people that put that episode among the bottom half of the bunch. I mean, the episode was literally planned to be a money saving filler. They themselves acknowledged this fact. People saying it was "genius" or giving it more importance than it really has are probably too busy admiring themselves in the mirror, while they suck on their own genitals, to realize that that episode could be erased from the face of the Earth and not a signle thing from the show would be missing.

"Oh, but the fly is a beatiful kafkaesque representation of Walt's immense guilt, which prompted him to blah, blah, blah".

Get the out with that . We didn't need a fly to realize any of the we already figured out on other episodes. The episode it's fine for what it is: a budget leveling bottle episode, but to try to pretend like it's one of the best in the show and a piece of art is some y pretentious bull .
    It was a budget episode. Some people call it brilliant; I don't tend to see it that way. But w/o it we wouldn't have this classic line:

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

I didn't like it would have sufficed.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Of course it was. Gus' mild manmerisms always screamed gay even before his "friend" was presented.
    Gus’s mannerisms are that of an uptight neat freak. I think he does what he has to. He exploits the people he needs.

Did it with Max (although I think this one was legit friendship) Gale and that German dude that owns the fried chicken joint franchise.

You should watch Better Caul Saul, tbh. He could still be gay, but nothing on camera can actually confirm that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't like it would have sufficed.
    But I did like it. I just wanted to call out all the pretentious bags, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think the finale could have been better if, instead of catching an unlikely bullet and dying, Walt would have just been caught by the police (actually, he just turns himself in by pacefully waiting in the lab; maybe even after making one last batch). Cut to 6 months later, Walt dying on a hospital bed from cancer and his family (with a full blown walking, talking Holly) finally forgiving him and giving him a loving sendoff.

I think it would have been better for a couple of reasons:

1st) it gives Walt an unlikely, yet completely realistic and plausible, "happy" ending of sorts. He could even make clear that he never trully killed Hank.

2nd) it ends how it all started, with cancer. Not with some random ass, cliche bullet.
    he was off his chemo, hair growing. dude was probably close to death anyway

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i also wasn't a big fan of The Fly, though a delirious Walt talking about Jane was pretty good

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I saw a really good video on The Fly. Ironically, I don't remember if it was a stand-alone video or part of a larger (season) review; and I'm not finding it

So, this will have to suffice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gus’s mannerisms are that of an uptight neat freak. I think he does what he has to. He exploits the people he needs.

Did it with Max (although I think this one was legit friendship) Gale and that German dude that owns the fried chicken joint franchise.

You should watch Better Caul Saul, tbh. He could still be gay, but nothing on camera can actually confirm that.
    Currently on the midpart of season 1. He has a female love interest, tbh. Also, a recurring gag in BB was Saul sexually harrassing his secretary; AND once he said he was married more than once. That's plenty of reasons to assume that he isn't gay, tbh.

Edit: wait, I just realized you might be talking about Gus on Better Call Saul.
    Last edited by DAF86; 06-01-2020 at 02:47 PM.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I saw a really good video on The Fly. Ironically, I don't remember if it was a stand-alone video or part of a larger (season) review; and I'm not finding it

So, this will have to suffice.

It may have been this video. A few minutes at the end he overviews 'The Fly' episode. I also like that he calls out Hank. Most people actually like him.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It may have been this video. A few minutes at the end he overviews 'The Fly' episode. I also like that he calls out Hank. Most people actually like him.

Hank is the comic relife dude. He's the real life ST every day poster.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The worst thing in Breaking Bad are the Spanish accents. In some cases (Gus Fring and Tío Salamanca) because you can easily tell they don't speak Spanish at all. It's clear they went with phonetic imitation for those actors but it doesn't work at all. You can't understand what they are trying to say.

And in other cases, because, even though they got actors that do speak Spanish, the accents of those guys didn't match the accent of the country they were from in the series (case in point, Gus Fring's partner/lover). That was clearly a Central American Spanish speaker pretending to be Chilean. Those two accents don't resamble each other at all. Chilean Spanish is probably the most easily distinguishable Latin American accent of them all. No other Spanish accent resembles it.

Also, the % of black people in Chile is 0.01%. Let's just say hiring a black dude to play a Chilean wasn't the most realistic of scenarios. Hiring a black person to play a German or Swedish guy would have been 100 times more realistic.

I know that for most of you this fact didn't matter at all, but for me those Spanish speaking scenes were a major suspension of disbelief killer. For a series with so many Hispanic references (and that paid so much attention to detail) you would think they could have done a better job hiring people that could actually speak the language.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Just finished episode 1 of season 5. Eduardo, Hector's cousin, said "noviecito" (boyfriend) to refer to Gus' friend. So, apparently, even for the character themselves, Gus appeared gay.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished season 5 of "Better Call Saul". Gotta be honest, first 4 season were kinda slow for my taste (strange, because usually I have no problem with slow paced drama). Season 5 is pretty cool though. Season 5 is exactly how I thought the whole series would be (not so much the drug dealing shootings and all that that we already saw in BB; but I mean the shady law tactics that Jimmy pulls to win cases. That's what I thought the series would be about from day 1).

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    BB was great. El Camino was good too, even.

But Aaron Paul making it pretty easy to not give a sh** about him going forward.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Hank is the comic relife dude. He's the real life ST every day poster.
    Sure, he did that role. But he was also basically the asshole god complex cop who people are complaining about.

Thread Information