Page 128 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4038
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    you're talking about grand pa tony playing for the Hornets ? if Messi goes to LA Galaxy at 40 and won ... I swear I won't use that as an argument against him tbh.. I hope you don't compare prime Messi winning with the mighty Argentina with Tony TOSB version winning with Hornets.. even though with tony playing Charlotte has a winning record
    So, not all his teams? Gotcha.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    But but aguero, higuin, otomendi, tialafico etc are so bad.

All these guys immediately had career years in 2018 after the wc
    WTF, come on buddy that's simply not true.

Aguero has been great but Otamendi is finished, Higuain has been a flop at Chelsea considering the expectation and I do like tialafico but he's not going to wn you a WC.

Aguero should've played MUCH more in the last WC, the coaching staff Argentina gets is always crap since Sabella.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    o

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Another year, another choke

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Dembele blew it imo

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Downgraded to PETER.

My Team
    France
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Obvioulsy fingers will point to Messi, but the dude provided two goals and countless other assists to finish the series off (Dembele ). Of course he deserves some blame, like every member of the squad, but a 3 goals difference should be enough for a defense and midfield to hold on, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Obvioulsy fingers will point to Messi, but the dude provided two goals and countless other assists to finish the series off (Dembele ). Of course he deserves some blame, like every member of the squad, but a 3 goals difference should be enough for a defense and midfield to hold on, tbh.
    Literally nobody points the finger at the fraudulent midget. He chokes time and time again and media continues to give him a pass. The guy hasn't won a CL in 7 years for s sake and suffers no backlash because of it, his reputation remains intact after numerous choke jobs.

On the other hand, people have short memory when it comes to Ronaldo for some reason. He's only as good as his last trophy win.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Midget

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Dembele had the miss of the series but that miss by Messi today in the first half was his biggest choke in his career.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Outside of Catalunya the Midget is a pathetic worm

Even in his homeland Argentina this midget is barely a poor man's Juan Cuadrado. Always has been always will be

Dembele had the miss of the series but that miss by Messi today in the first half was his biggest choke in his career.
    Was it the 4 vs. 1 when Van Dijk took it from him? That was a shockingly poor decision by Messi..

Messi really does benefit greatly from the nou camp staduim. A study needs to be done on his performances in Bigger fields vs Smaller fields.

He's unstoppable in fields that are big but struggled in congested fields like anfield and rome.

Its sad soccer is not as advanced i this metrics.

I am willing to bet the difference between his performances in smaller fields is dramatically worse.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Barcelona - Atlético Madrid 2:1
    Atleti - Barça 2:0, Messi does nothing

Juventus - Barça 3:0
    Barça - Juve 0:0
    Messi does nothing in both games

Barça - Roma 4:1
    Roma - Barça 3:0, Roma avances on away goals, Messi does nothing

Barça - Liverpool 3:0
    Liverpool - Barça 4:0, Messi does nothing

Messi dribbles better than Cristiano, yes, but Cris would absolutely make goals in several of those second leg games.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Barcelona - Atlético Madrid 2:1
    Atleti - Barça 2:0, Messi does nothing

Juventus - Barça 3:0
    Barça - Juve 0:0
    Messi does nothing in both games

Barça - Roma 4:1
    Roma - Barça 3:0, Roma avances on away goals, Messi does nothing

Barça - Liverpool 3:0
    Liverpool - Barça 4:0, Messi does nothing

Messi dribbles better than Cristiano, yes, but Cris would absolutely make goals in several of those second leg games.
    And yet Ronaldo has been at home this whole time

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And yet Ronaldo has been at home this whole time
    No player always win and it's a team game. Check out the second Juve - Ajax game, Cristiano did make a goal. He played great in the 3:0 comeback vs Atlético Madrid.

Cristiano was decisive in all five Champions runs the United and Madrid won with him.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    No player always win and it's a team game. Check out the second Juve - Ajax game, Cristiano did make a goal. He played great in the 3:0 comeback vs Atlético Madrid.

Cristiano was decisive in all five Champions runs the United and Madrid won with him.
    As was Messi during his CL runs with his team.

Difference is that when Ronaldo doesn't show up his teammates can step up like they do in the Final.

When Messi is merely "OK" Barca have no one else that does anything.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    As was Messi during his CL runs with his team.

Difference is that when Ronaldo doesn't show up his teammates can step up like they do in the Final.

When Messi is merely "OK" Barca have no one else that does anything.
    Barça came flat at the Anfield, well it was never easy to play there. Liverpool has 5 champions too.

Suárez is immensely talented. Dembele and Coutinho are a bit disappointing but otherwise top players. Rakitic and Vidal are extremely good midfielders too. On defense, they have Semedo, Piqué, Busquets, great team really at all positions.

How is it possible they lose against the Liverpool side, without Salah and Firmino. With an 3:0, that's practically insurmountable lead. They just got scared imo.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Barça came flat at the Anfield, well it was never easy to play there. Liverpool has 5 champions too.

Suárez is immensely talented. Dembele and Coutinho are a bit disappointing but otherwise top players. Rakitic and Vidal are extremely good midfielders too. On defense, they have Semedo, Piqué, Busquets, great team really at all positions.

How is it possible they lose against the Liverpool side, without Salah and Firmino. They just got scared imo.
    The first half was good but the second half was pathetic. But maybe Barca need to clean house this summer. De Jong and De Ligt will help.

Desperately need a Suarez replacement.

Barca's mentality in away matches is pitiful.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi still gets no blame? His mentality is so weak as you saw after every goal they conceded. Compare that to Ronaldo, who is encouraging his teammates and just making stuff happen afterwards. Nothing you can take away from him.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Barca fans insulting Messi, the guy that's basically responsible of 80-90% of their history.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count

As I said he's basically Juan Cuadrado when it matters most

He's basically the Joel Embid of CL

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Messi still gets no blame? His mentality is so weak as you saw after every goal they conceded. Compare that to Ronaldo, who is encouraging his teammates and just making stuff happen afterwards. Nothing you can take away from him.
    Ronaldo sulks and pouts constantly, Ramos was always the leader of those Madrid squad as good as Ronaldo was.

Where was Ronaldo's encouragement when they got knocked out by Ajax? He was pouting and flailing around when his team was getting their asses kicked

Messi was comfortably the best player for Barca yesterday literally EVERY CHANCE they had was thanks to him. I think the players do deserve some of the blame for yesterday's fiasco. Messi is their best player and the ship goes down with him. But he's far from the biggest point of blame for the debacle. Valverde and the whole backline was laughable. I mean that fourth goal FFS

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi is the WIFI that only works at Camp Nou tbh

Thread Information