Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I disagree even with that he wouldn't be Maradona, I think you forgot how great Maradona was. Maradona just won almost by himself two Italian championships !
    This.

And that was during the Great AC Milan era.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Are people really comparing Messi to Maradona? LOL
    They have similar dribbling skills...but he comparison ends there.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Are people really comparing Messi to Maradona? LOL
    They have similar dribbling skills...but he comparison ends there.
    Why? Messi has done a lot more than Maradona at the age of 22. A lot of coaches and ex-footballers that have seen both play say that Messi is at the same level (some even say Lionel is better). The kid has definitely the talent to be compared to the greats.
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-27-2017 at 01:04 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Why? Messi has done a lot more than Maradona at the age of 22. A lot of coaches and ex-footballers that have seen both play say that Messi is at the same level (some even say Lionel is better), I think that to be called the greatest of all time you have to at least win a WC but the kid has definitely the talent to be compared to the greats.
    Dribbling past 4-5 guys from an average Liga team is one thing

Dribbling past the whole (ok, almost) England squad during a WC is a zillion notches above

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Dribbling past 4-5 guys from an average Liga team is one thing

Dribbling past the whole (ok, almost) England squad during a WC is a zillion notches above
    this

and once again being the best in the world when you are playing in Italy is a little bit more complicated than in Spain.

BTW I can't believe foreigners are defending Maradona legacy against Argentinan fans.

DAF you're right he is only 22 and he is the most talented player right now. Nevertheless As of today Maradona Pele Zidane Franz Platini Cruyf etc etc are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lionel

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    this

and once again being the best in the world when you are playing in Italy is a little bit more complicated than in Spain.

BTW I can't believe foreigners are defending Maradona legacy against Argentinan fans.

DAF you're right he is only 22 and he is the most talented player right now. Nevertheless As of today Maradona Pele Zidane Franz Platini Cruyf etc etc are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lionel
    Ok maybe not Platini

He was a great player, I was a bigfan, but Messi is more talented

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    Maradona had better vision, passing, centers, shots. Messi is faster and will probably become a better coach.

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    I still think Xavi or Iniesta are always the better players against elite teams (against manchester and chelsea).

Believe.
    Post Count
    Too early to tell, actually. Messi is only 22.
    A player is "mature" at the age of 25/26.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Messi is faster and will probably become a better coach.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Ok maybe not Platini

He was a great player, I was a bigfan, but Messi is more talented
    You underestimate Platini a lot, the Platini of the Juventus years was just a BEAST, he is for me THE best example untill today of making his team mates better. Everybody looked like a star when playing with him and Messi will never have this quality.

Platini is unique and I think he is generally underestimated. For me Platini > Zidane, ask to a Juventus fan he will tell you.

Don't get me wrong I love Messi he is the best player since 2-3 years, he is for me way better than C. Ronaldo for instance but it is clearly too soon to make this kind of comparaison.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    You underestimate Platini a lot, the Platini of the Juventus years was just a BEAST, he is for me THE best example untill today of making his team mates better. Everybody looked like a star when playing with him and Messi will never have this quality.

Platini is unique and I think he is generally underestimated. For me Platini > Zidane, ask to a Juventus fan he will tell you.

Don't get me wrong I love Messi he is the best player since 2-3 years, he is for me way better than C. Ronaldo for instance but it is clearly too soon to make this kind of comparaison.
    Uh, Boniek and Rossi were stars, even without Platini

Dont get me wrong, Platini was a great player

Also ,it's hard to say wether Messi can make his teammates better or not, because he has always been surrounded with talented players.

And of course Juve fans wil tell you Platini is better than Zizou, but that's because Turin won more les during the Platini era.
    But on the field, I'm sorry, Zizou was wayyyy better

And yes, Messi is better than Ronaldo

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    Platini won 3 golden balls in a row in the 80s. It wasn't a weak era.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Platini won 3 golden balls in a row in the 80s. It wasn't a weak era.
    I never said it was a weak era

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    my point is you have to be an all time great to win 3 GB. Maybe you didn't watch the 80s games but he was awesome.

And i agree with Brazil, Platini>zidane

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    my point is you have to be an all time great to win 3 GB.
    Platini IS an all-time great

But Zidane was better

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And Zizou mastered the art of koudboul

Platini didn't

My Team
    Brazil
    Post Count
    Meh, Ronaldinho was better in his prime

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Meh, Ronaldinho was better in his prime
    Ronaldinho's prime was in Barcelona, I'm sure Barcelona's fans will agree that Messi > Ronaldinho.

For the moment Barca's president has said that Messi is already the Catalan's club GOAT.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-greatest.html

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I hate when people pull "the league A is better than league B" argument. How can you prove that? Henry was a star in the Premier League and since he joined "La Liga" he has underperformanced. C.Ronaldo was undoubtedly the EPL's best player and now he is arguably not even the best player in his squad. Now people are trying to make me bealive that Rooney is better than Messi 'cause he plays in England when last season he wasn't even considered among the best 20 players in the world.

You can make that argument when it's the NBA vs FIBA, when it's an elite FIFA league (Spain, England, Italy) against any other, but when it's "La Liga" vs EPL or "Il Calcio" you can't, specially when the player and team you are trying to discredit have done it in the Champions League also.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    And my final thoughts about this subject is that I agree with Brazil, Messi is too young to be placed alongside the greats, he needs one WC or two/three more years at this current level, but as far as "peak" goes, Messi is the best that I have ever seen live in my life (the best years of Maradona I've only seen it on tapes, and from Pele I wasn't even to see tapes from him).

My Team
    Brazil
    Post Count
    Ronaldinho's prime was in Barcelona, I'm sure Barcelona's fans will agree that Messi > Ronaldinho.

For the moment Barca's president has said that Messi is already the Catalan's club GOAT.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-greatest.html
    Talk about premature ejac. Ronaldinho's playmaking ability far exceeds what messi has now, and its not even a contest. The only thing that Messi does better is muscle his way in for goals, and even so I'd say Ronaldinho had a better strike the Messi does. It's too early in Messi's career to compare them fully, but right now Ronaldinho by far, not to take anything about from Messi

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    Henry was a star in the Premier League and since he joined "La Liga" he has underperformanced..
    henry is past his prime, he wasn't the same the last couple of years with arsenal

C.Ronaldo was undoubtedly the EPL's best player and now he is arguably not even the best player in his squad.
    he is.

Now people are trying to make me bealive that Rooney is better than Messi 'cause he plays in England when last season he wasn't even considered among the best 20 players in the world.
    he was.

All the main leagues have 2,3 or 4 good teams and a bunch of average teams. Barça is the only elite team in "la liga". Real Madrid lost 6 times in the row before the QF of the CL. Sevilla got beat by a russian team.

The PL is by far the best league.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    henry is past his prime, he wasn't the same the last couple of years with arsenal
    Still a lot better than what he has done in Spain.

he is.
    I think so too, but a lot of people will argue that point.

he was.
    I can't find the list of "FIFA world best player" from 2009 but I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the top 20, either way he was definitely not in the "team of the year" and now people want to say that he is the best player in the world?

All the main leagues have 2,3 or 4 good teams and a bunch of average teams. Barça is the only elite team in "la liga". Real Madrid lost 6 times in the row before the QF of the CL. Sevilla got beat by a russian team.
    If you don't consider Real Madrid elite, then you have to say that Chelsea isn't elite either. And you can't compare last season's RM with this year's RM. This year's team is much better. If Higuain would have aimed his shot half an inch to the left we would all be hearing a different tune right now.

The PL is by far the best league
    Based on what? the last UEFA champions is a Spanish team, the current top three players in the world (Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Wo...f_male_winners) are all playing in Spain, Spain is the last Euro champion, england didn't even qualyfied to the tournament.

Thread Information