Page 5 of 162 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    putting the fat cheating Maradona in the same sentence as those two.
    WTF? I'm a huge Zidane fan but Maradona was clearly better than him. I don't know about Pele 'cause I never saw him play (not even on tapes).

You can dislike Maradona for many reasons (his coaching for example ) but you can't discredit his football talent.

My Team
    Birmingham City FC
    Post Count
    WTF? I'm a huge Zidane fan but Maradona was clearly better than him. I don't know about Pele 'cause I never saw him play (not even on tapes).

You can dislike Maradona for many reasons (his coaching for example ) but you can't discredit his football talent.
    I was referring to Maradona being called a class act. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    I was referring to Maradona being called a class act. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    whoever refered to Maradona as a class act? dude is an ignorant piece of crap, always has been. The worst role model you could ask for, we argies have it.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Well I agree on that one, but I don't think Lefty was reffering of Maradona as a class act.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    dunno about you guys gloating over one performance, lets just see how he does in the wc b4 we brand him the best over, his had a good run over the last 2-3 seasons, WC is where he needs to seperate himself to the rooney, kaka, ronaldo, ribery whoever else....

im certain the later names shouldnt be a threat to him since they dont have good squads..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    dunno about you guys gloating over one performance, lets just see how he does in the wc b4 we brand him the best over, his had a good run over the last 2-3 seasons, WC is where he needs to seperate himself to the rooney, kaka, ronaldo, ribery whoever else....

im certain the later names shouldnt be a threat to him since they dont have good squads..
    lol Wut?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Impressive performance ! Now what he has to do is showing his talent with Argentina squad.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Only six players have scored four goals in a Champions League game, Messi, Shevchenko, van Nistelrooy, van Basten, Prso, S. Inzaghi.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Nash knows what's up... specially in terms of beer.

http://twitter.com/the_real_nash/status/11715022759

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

A compilation of almost all the times that Messi touched the ball during the game against Arsenal.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I have nothing against Cristiano, he's an awsome player but this vid is just too funny

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi's compilation vs Zaragoza (worth watching because of Messi and the music)

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Pele to Messi "You won't ever be a legend untill you score 1.000 goals"

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/pe...sdasftb_54/Tes

What an envious little . It isn't the first time he has made a comment like this. I don't know where the misconception of him beign a class act came from, he's like Ferguson.

Also lol at those phantom 1000 goals, I bet he even counted the ones he made playing in the beach with his friends to get to that number.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi vs Madrid (you'll enjoy the vid a lot more if you just mute it)

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Champion and top scorer in the history of the league for a season (matching Brazilian's Ronaldo mark of 47 in 1996/97 the difference is that during that time the Spanish league had 22 teams in the first division so the tournament had 4 more matches)

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Messi vs Valladolid, some good stuff.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Pele to Messi "You won't ever be a legend untill you score 1.000 goals"

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/pe...sdasftb_54/Tes

What an envious little . It isn't the first time he has made a comment like this. I don't know where the misconception of him beign a class act came from, he's like Ferguson.

Also lol at those phantom 1000 goals, I bet he even counted the ones he made playing in the beach with his friends to get to that number.

Why would he be envious?

He was 10 times the player Messi is
    Last edited by lefty; 05-17-2010 at 01:56 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Why would he be envious?

He was 10 times the player Messi is
    Because Messi is playing now and a lot of people is already saying that Lionel will be the best ever, beside this isn't the first time that Pele takes a shot at a good player from the present, everytime that a rising star is starting to gain some pub, this insecure grandpa has to say something bad about that player. Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and now Messi have all been blanks of Pele's criticism at some point or another, and I'm surely forgetting some other players.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Also: I'm sure you have seen Pele play for a lot of years to claim with such certainty that he is ten times better than Messi.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Also: I'm sure you have seen Pele play for a lot of years to claim with such certainty that he is ten times better than Messi.
    My father watched Pele play

Messi is his favorite player right now, but all time is Pele

Post Count
    My father watched Pele play

Messi is his favorite player right now, but all time is Pele
    Pele may well be the best of all time up 'till now (debatable), but there's bound to be a better player at some point. All this however, doesn't change the fact that Pele is an insecure, classless prick. , even Maradona is quicker to give credit where credit is due, and that's just pathetic.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Pele may well be the best of all time up 'till now (debatable), but there's bound to be a better player at some point. All this however, doesn't change the fact that Pele is an insecure, classless prick. , even Maradona is quicker to give credit where credit is due, and that's just pathetic.
    What's lame is all those articles or people saying that Messi can potentially become the best ever

What the does that mean. it doesnt make any sense

How can you compare their careers at this point?

Wait until the end of his career, dude is only 23

Post Count
    What's lame is all those articles or people saying that Messi can potentially become the best ever

What the does that mean. it doesnt make any sense

How can you compare their careers at this point?

Wait until the end of his career, dude is only 23
    well its not like he's not making a case for himself, now is it? What other 23 year old do you know of that has accomplished as much as Messi? None

besides, this happens in every sport. Everyone is looking for their next "best of all time". What the do you think LeBron is? At least Messi has won enough to make it plausible.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    Post Count
    Argentines, please try to take Messi's out of your mouth before you post

dude hasn't proven jack in World Cup, where it matters

Thread Information