Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162
Results 4,026 to 4,038 of 4038
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Barcelona isn't a toxic environment. Barcelona couldn't afford him because of ffp. He could have enjoyed life in Barcelona making next to nothing too.
    Were you in a coma for the past decade? Do you not remember how Messi left and how hard they tried to make him look like the bad guy? Barcelona post Bartomeu has been mad toxic, especially for Messi who'd be expected to carry them to unrealistic standards set by the tiki taka days. Miami & the US is much better for Messi right now in terms of his family life. Hope he enjoys life to the fullest, he deserves it.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Were you in a coma for the past decade? Do you not remember how Messi left and how hard they tried to make him look like the bad guy? Barcelona post Bartomeu has been mad toxic, especially for Messi who'd be expected to carry them to unrealistic standards set by the tiki taka days. Miami & the US is much better for Messi right now in terms of his family life. Hope he enjoys life to the fullest, he deserves it.
    Yes, back in 2020 when he wanted to join City, not in 2023. Despite all of that, Messi didn't technically want to leave in 2021, a year after Bartomeu wouldn't sell him. Barcelona didn't have enough of a wage budget left to offer him a contract. I believe he even agreed to a new contract with Barcelona but LA Liga wouldn't allow them to register him.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Barcelona isn't a toxic environment. Barcelona couldn't afford him because of ffp. He could have enjoyed life in Barcelona making next to nothing too.
    Actually, he couldn't. La Liga has a rule that states that a player cannot sign a contract for less than X% of his previous contract. Messi had a huge contract in PSG, Barcelona was legally forced to sign Messi to a big contract and they couldn't afford it, that's precisely why Messi is not in Barca right now.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Nah, he went to the MLS strictly for the compe ion. He's definitely leaving a lot of money on the table but not as much as you might think after you factor in his revenue sharing deals with Adidas and Apple as well as an ownership stake with Inter Miami. Of course, he could have gone back to play for Barcelona on the real cheap but he chose not to.
    I've heard he or his family preferred to live in Miami.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Actually, he couldn't. La Liga has a rule that states that a player cannot sign a contract for less than X% of his previous contract. Messi had a huge contract in PSG, Barcelona was legally forced to sign Messi to a big contract and they couldn't afford it, that's precisely why Messi is not in Barca right now.
    That's absolutely insane to me. Forget that we're talking about Messi for a second. How can you pay a 36 year old player roughly the same sum of money that said player was making at age 33? Doesn't La Liga take diminishing returns into account? I know this is all mental gymnastics, but how did Barcelona register Lewandowski? He only made 10M Euros in 2022/23 for Barcelona and his last season with Bayern saw him make 23M Euros. Couldn't you just stagger Messi's contract, much like Lewandowski's where he would make less in year one and more in subsequent years as Barca's financial woes ease? I'm assuming that the X% is based on the ac ulative amount of money that Messi would earn over the lifespan of his contract.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    That's absolutely insane to me. Forget that we're talking about Messi for a second. How can you pay a 36 year old player roughly the same sum of money that said player was making at age 33? Doesn't La Liga take diminishing returns into account? I know this is all mental gymnastics, but how did Barcelona register Lewandowski? He only made 10M Euros in 2022/23 for Barcelona and his last season with Bayern saw him make 23M Euros. Couldn't you just stagger Messi's contract, much like Lewandowski's where he would make less in year one and more in subsequent years as Barca's financial woes ease? I'm assuming that the X% is based on the ac ulative amount of money that Messi would earn over the lifespan of his contract.
    The issue isn't with the league or the clubs, it's Spain's employment law. For soccer players, a salary cut of 50% or more is illegal. In the case of Lewa, it didn't matter because he wasn't a Spanish employee before, but with Messi it meant they had to pay him at least half of what he used to be making, which was already a load of money. This situation came up when Messi was about to leave Barca a few years ago and some people were saying that Messi would play in Barca for free, but besides the obvious reasons why he wouldn't, it was also prevented by law from doing so if he wanted to.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    The issue isn't with the league or the clubs, it's Spain's employment law. For soccer players, a salary cut of 50% or more is illegal. In the case of Lewa, it didn't matter because he wasn't a Spanish employee before, but with Messi it meant they had to pay him at least half of what he used to be making, which was already a load of money. This situation came up when Messi was about to leave Barca a few years ago and some people were saying that Messi would play in Barca for free, but besides the obvious reasons why he wouldn't, it was also prevented by law from doing so if he wanted to.
    Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    what a ing diva, besides it is not true, they had a commemoration moment. Now they are not going to organize a whole celebration, PSG is a French team smh...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    what a ing diva, besides it is not true, they had a commemoration moment. Now they are not going to organize a whole celebration, PSG is a French team smh...
    This is old and taken out of context, tbh. He did say "the team didn't organize a recognition like it happened with my teammates in other clubs, but I understand. It was in France, who had lost the final, it isn't a big deal".

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And that assclown didn't even show up in Hong Kong

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Thread Information