Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews

Scientists hope discovery of child skeleton will help them to work out what our ancestors looked like and to determine key dates in their evolution from ape-man to man-ape.

A fossil skeleton of a child discovered in a cave system known as the Cradle of Humankind may represent a previously unknown stage in the evolution of man, The (London) Sunday Times reported.

The skeleton, which is almost complete despite being two million years old, is believed to belong to one of the hominid groups that includes humans.

Hominid fossil finds are usually little more than small bone fragments. Scientists hope such a complete find will help them to work out what our ancestors looked like and to determine key dates in their evolution from ape-man to man-ape. Experts who have seen the skeleton says it resembles habilis, the first species of advanced human.

The skeleton was found by Professor Lee Berger, reader in human evolution and the public understanding of science at the University of the Wi ersrand, South Africa, as he explored cave systems in Sterkfontein, a Unesco world heritage site.

The caves are the site of one of the world’s longest-running archeological excavations and are regarded as paleontological treasure troves. Jacob Zuma, the South African president, visited the university to view the find, which is to be announced this week.

The new fossil skeleton was found with a number of other partially complete fossils, encased within breccia sedimentary rock inside a limestone cave known as Malapa cave.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    This is great news!

Finally my #1 hero Mr. Darwin will be vindicated of any wrong scientific theories he may have supported in the past. I hope now we all can put all this Bible behind us and move on!

Thank you TlongII for making my day,.........and happy Easter!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    lol mouse, you never cease to fail

now we just need to wait for armstrong to punch you in the face

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    lol mouse, you never cease to fail
    Thanks to people like me who fail on a daily basis people like you get to walk around knowing your much better than us as you feel good about yourself in doing so.

now we just need to wait for armstrong to punch you in the face
    First off I don't get into peoples faces so Mr. Armstrong would not have any reason to do me any bodily harm.

Second, People are trying to celebrate Easter in many ways, some people visit family and friends, others color eggs and hide them from the kids, and some even go to church or remember what Easter is really about.

But for TlongII to pick this day of all days to post his right wing narrow minded, anti intelligent,semi interesting propaganda links, tells me a lot about the type of person he is and may explain why he will never go to a ST gtg since he has noting but bitterness inside that crusty empty soul of his.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Maybe it's true, we evolved. There's still a lot of subjective evidence that can be interpreted a different way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe it's true, .

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Evolution is right wing narrow minded anti-intelligent?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol evolution

then how come todays monkeys arent human?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "subjective evidence": oxymoron alert

"what Easter is really about": which is about what?

And don't the give me that reflexive cant about "He died for our sins".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    mouse doesn't believe in evolution because he's arrogant.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    I like how the religious people can't even fathom the thought of humans evolving from animals yet they believe a virgin had a baby that was killed and then miraculously came back to life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    any pics?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Funny that, because you behave so much like a monkey, parading around the place beating your chest and throwing at anyone who comes by, that I would have thought it was obvious.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    arse

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    off, Dr Fraud. What are you, 4cc's sucker?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I like how the religious people can't even fathom the thought of humans evolving from animals yet they believe a virgin had a baby that was killed and then miraculously came back to life.
    or that Obama is the antichrist

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    off, Dr Fraud. What are you, 4cc's sucker?
    arse
    mate

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    I don't get the Dr. Fraud insult attempt. I guess because Dundee thinks I don't "get" Thompson?

Oh and I call major bull on Ruffandtoughguys claim to have been shot at by Thompson. Major bull .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm just amazed Fox News has a Science section. I thought they didn't believe in that hocus pocus.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Fox News has a Science section"

yes, amazing. I wonder how many ignorant red-state hick, Bible-thumping viewers/readers they'll lose for reporting scientific findings instead magic hocus-pocus.

Any sentient hominid knows that about 6000 years ago, God whipped up the entire universe in 144 hours and made it look like it was 14.5 B years old.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-06-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The bible states that God created us in his image. Who are we to say what his image was at the time? Noone knows. Can't he be whatever he wants to be. Honestly if I had the Lords power, I would get pretty damn bored looking the same especially since I have to power to change what I am.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The bible states that God created us in his image. Who are we to say what his image was at the time? Noone knows.
    why did he choose to make it look like billions of years old? why not make it look 6000 years old?

Can't he be whatever he wants to be.
    you can make him whatever you want him to be

Honestly if I had the Lords power, I would get pretty damn bored looking the same especially since I have to power to change what I am.
    Too bad the Lord failed to make an angeltalk messageboard thousands of years ago. Maybe he wouldn't have gotten so bored and maybe Lucifer wouldn't have left heaven.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    why not make it look 6000 years old?
    And what does 6000 years look like? Oh wait your talking about some text book in school you read?

Is that the same text book that said it takes milions of years for stalac es to form?

And yet one was found under a subway that was built only 40 years earlier, is that the textbook your refereeing to?

or was it the science book you read from cover to cover and still manege to keep B minus average in middle-school, was it that science book that is quoted as saying it takes millions of years for something to prettify, that book?

what book are you using to base your knowledge of what 6000 years can really do? I want to research this book to better understand your way of thinking it amazes me the time and passion you put into belittling the Bible thumper's hey that's your kick not mine I just want to know why you feel any new evidence that can help you sleep at night that Darwin was right is the reason you need to go into a topic to help your Atheist brothers, from others mothers...millions of years ago....

I personally don't give a rats ass if the Bible is 100% true or if Noah was really an old drunk guy who loved to tell fantastic Animal stories to the young kids of the village, like his father once told him when he was a child back when his father organized the first PETA meeting with the butchers of the town. anyway that is the story I heard that they wanted to stop people from eating meat even back then, who knew?

You see if you say my story is untrue then your bias and haven't done the research, if you say it could be true, then you would have gave credit to the bible so your in a tough spot I wonder where you will go...

Thread Information