Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Taz1
    this is how this contest goes ...

i will describe a location in the city of san antonio, texas, and somebody will name the business, school, office(s) etc. that occupied that location like back in the sixties, seventies, and possibly as near back as the eighties !

everybody game ?

let's see how many posters are interested enough, and i'll start when there are at least 10 contestants !

scott
    I hereby conceed my defeat to Buddy Holly.

WriterNum934
    I'm game.

What's the prize?

SAmikeyp
    i'll play.

Taz1
    What's the prize?
    a "double date" with spurswoman & s y ?

a bazillion dollars, courtesy of that idiotic new "reality" show, the benefactor, and it's sponsor, one mark cuban !

season ducats to next season for the san antonio silver stars, courtesy of herbivorefemale & retama park !

more sponsors to come !

CosmicCowboyXXX
    a "double date" with spurswoman & s y ?
    I am INNNNNNN!

CosmicCowboyXXX
    we obviously aren't gonna get 10 so I will start.

What used to be where the new "enchilada" colored downtown library now stands?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    Cornerstone Christian School is on Vance Jackson about a mile north of 410. What religious school was this before it was Cornerstone?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    What was the VIA corporate office on San Pedro before it was a VIA office?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    What was the HEB Corporate headquarters downtown before it bacame their corporate headquarters?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    ok...a slow pitch...

What was the Adams Mark Hotel building before it was remodeled?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    an even easier one...

what used to be where the Alamodome is?

Johnny Blaze 47
    Cosmic, wasn't that VIA area a former baseball park? Either called San Antonio Field or something like that.

Useruser666
    The Alamo Dome used to be the old Alamo Iron Works site. I still have my collectors edition "Cup O' Dome Dirt". somewhere around here.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

Useruser666
    What used to be located where the Ripley's Believe It or Not is now?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    you are correct that the VIA bus yard near five points was an old baseball field but I was talking about the VIA corporate office down the street from SAC...just remodeled a couple of years ago...

CosmicCowboyXXX
    correct on AIW devilboy...

Johnny Blaze 47
    Well, that and the Alamodome question are all I can think of answering.

:p

CosmicCowboyXXX
    wasn't it an Alamo museum/theater? closed when IMAX opened...

speaking of IMAX...another slowpitch...what was where Rivercenter Mall is now?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    this isn't really a what was there before question but rather more of a SA trivia question. The SA river that flows through downtown catches other water in big rains but the year round water flow through the riverwalk is provided by a spring.

Where is this spring located?

SAmikeyp
    Ursuline Academy was where the Cornerstone school is now.

Isn't the spring in San Pedro Park?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    correct on Ursuline Academy (a catholic girls school) it faced Vance Jackson and was across the railroad tracks/creek from Antonian (a catholic boys school facing West Avenue) that is still there. There used to be a dirt trail between the two that was stomped so deep into the ground it looked like it was made by a migrating herd of buffalo.

wrong on the spring.

SAmikeyp
    Well I do know there is..or maybe was, a spring in San Pedro Park. I guess it goes elsewhere.

CosmicCowboyXXX
    it goes down and crosses right through at 5 points...(intersection of Culebra, Flores, Poplar etc)...then goes over to the drainage ditch along I-10...then goes underground into the tunnel @ the intersection of Santa Rosa and Quincy...

Useruser666
    There is a spring in San Pedro Park, well, depending on aquifer levels. Many dry springs have begun flowing around town as of late due to the amount of rain we have been having.

Thread Information