Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think the Clippers + Nets are two excellent options.

<--------

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron's "loyalty" to Cleveland means 1 of 2 things:

1. He either resigns with Cleveland

2. He helps Cleveland out by demanding to be traded to the Dallas Mavericks. A western conference team... doesnt have to bear the emotion of going to Cleveland in another uniform twice a year just once... Roddy ing Buckets is a better young prospect than anyone on all these East teams like the Bulls/Knicks/Nets. DUST can clear cap space for the Cavs and help absorb some contrats and they can literally become relevant in 2-3 years building around Beaubois.

Dallas ensures him the most $ (6 years/125 million? + no state income tax), the best shot at a ring (Dirk/Kidd/Bron, need I say more?), and is easier on Cavs (baby flash + getting rid of bad contracts)
    Its either Cleveland or Dallas. Chicago/New York/New Jersey are over hyped locations due to media's fancy with big markets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not Lee + James + Max FA.

Lees rights are gone, just because of that they can offer 2 max

Douglas
    Chandler
    Gali
    -
    Curry

Even with James and Bosh thats trash. No center, at least 2 strong defensive Bigmen missing for Lakers and Magic.

Bulls no way, Jordans shadow is unbeatable.

Nets have a nice shot if they are able to snag also a Boozer or Lee for 10mio (they have around 27mio cap).

I say the Nets have a god shot if they are able to convince Boozer/Lee together with James.

Otherwise i say Dallas has a nice shot because of a ready roster with another superstar, spending owner, the cowboys stadium... And Cavs can ship him out of the east, i wouldnt underrate that factor if James IS leaving Cavs for sure. Then they want him out of the east.

So Nets or Dallas for me.
    The Mavericks dont play in Cowboys stadium...so why would he care about that? Plus Cuban isnt going to lose Dirk..so once he is back for sure Dallas doesnt have enough money to do anything else..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. He helps Cleveland out by demanding to be traded to the Dallas Mavericks. A western conference team... doesnt have to bear the emotion of going to Cleveland in another uniform twice a year just once... Roddy ing Buckets is a better young prospect than anyone on all these East teams like the Bulls/Knicks/Nets. DUST can clear cap space for the Cavs and help absorb some contrats and they can literally become relevant in 2-3 years building around Beaubois.

Dallas ensures him the most $ (6 years/125 million? + no state income tax), the best shot at a ring (Dirk/Kidd/Bron, need I say more?), and is easier on Cavs (baby flash + getting rid of bad contracts)
    Its either Cleveland or Dallas. Chicago/New York/New Jersey are over hyped locations due to media's fancy with big markets.
    At some of you people actually thinking he's going to Dallas. Be serious now..come on. He's already under a ton of pressure enough as it is, so why would he go to the tougher Conference where there are at least 10 good teams in the entire Conference instead of staying in the weaker Eastern Conf. where he can still rule. Plus...in the West he would have to deal with the Lakers, Suns, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Blazers, Jazz, and Nuggets. In the East all you have is the Magic and the Celtics (for 1 more year or so).

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Western Conference is only tougher in the 1st round for top few seeds.

Otherwise, the gap is small these days.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Mavericks dont play in Cowboys stadium...so why would he care about that? Plus Cuban isnt going to lose Dirk..so once he is back for sure Dallas doesnt have enough money to do anything else..
    Cuban was allready talking about realizing to play a few games each year in the cowboys stadium. 80000 screaming James kiddies. James as lifetime Cowboy fan can buy his own suit etc.

Well, beside the contender status there are plenty of small reasons why James COULD like the Mavs. Same with the Nets.

Just telling why the Mavs could have a shot getting James (not telling he will come).

And read about the dustchip..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    At some of you people actually thinking he's going to Dallas. Be serious now..come on. He's already under a ton of pressure enough as it is, so why would he go to the tougher Conference where there are at least 10 good teams in the entire Conference instead of staying in the weaker Eastern Conf. where he can still rule. Plus...in the West he would have to deal with the Lakers, Suns, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Blazers, Jazz, and Nuggets. In the East all you have is the Magic and the Celtics (for 1 more year or so).
    And with which team he is supposed to beat the Magic? With a Gali/Bosh/Curry frontcourt? With Varejao/Powe?

And then still the Lakers are waiting.

Right now he is dying to win a ring asap and he will look for the team where he is able to do it most likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    <--------------------

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    i don't think Bosh goes to the Nets, but you never know. they could sign David Lee. David Lee + Lopez is a very good frontcourt.
    I agree with you being a Nets fan, Bosh is going to the Nets, hopefully Knicks are thinking they have a great chance at getting Lebron because then we could deff steal David Lee from them

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count

So Lebron's loyalty to Cleveland means he demands a trade to the Dallas Mavs, well if he is loyal he will just stay in Cleveland and not help the Mavs win. If he goes to any team not named Cavs he isn't loyal to Cleveland

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If we wants to win a le, he'll get out of the East. The Magic look to be in good shape for a few more years, as long as Howard is in the middle, and the Nets/Bulls/Knicks aren't going to take over the conference immediately.

I don't see why everyone thinks Chicago is such a juicy prospect. As much as we may dog the supporting cast in Cleveland, it's going to be a step backwards to mix in with a new group AND have a new coach to boot.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If we wants to win a le, he'll get out of the East. The Magic look to be in good shape for a few more years, as long as Howard is in the middle, and the Nets/Bulls/Knicks aren't going to take over the conference immediately.

I don't see why everyone thinks Chicago is such a juicy prospect. As much as we may dog the supporting cast in Cleveland, it's going to be a step backwards to mix in with a new group AND have a new coach to boot.
    The problem with Dallas is that Kidd is 37, Dirk will be 32 next season, Marion is 32. I think LeBron has learned the lesson, if he leaves Cleveland it's going to be for a team with young talent in place, a team that can grow up with mean while being good enough to win a le right away. Plus, Dallas doesn't have cap space and I doubt Gilbert will ever allow a S&T with him unless the talent he's getting back blows his mind.

If the Bulls add LeBron, they're good enough to win a le next season. How hard is to build a better supporting cast than the one Cleveland had this season? Not hard at all.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
    Lee
    James
    Bosh
    Lopez
    +
    T Williams
    CDR
    +
    whatever they can get for Harris and Yi (say, Troy Murphy+Jeff Foster)
    27th pick (say, Quincy Pondexter)
    a couple of veterans to round the rotation (Von Wafer+Kenyon Dooling+Joe Smith)

That's a contender right away.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think the last couple seasons will push LeBron out and he's going to make a heavy push for Wade to join him in New Jersey. I think both guys realize how hard it is to win a le, and it might even hit them that they don't want to be in the same type of position KG was in Minnesota only because of loyalty. I think those words by KG might really sting true. But they don't even have to compromise financially. They both can get max contracts in New Jersey, there is a young all star caliber center in place, a quality PG in place, and a top 4 pick in this draft. They can play together, have a couple quality players around them, be in a huge NY/NJ and soon to be Brooklyn market, and be Kings of New York. People might downplay the Jay-Z connection, but I think there's something very real about it. LeBron is not just acquaintances with Jay-Z. They're close, close friends. And I remember watching the draft lottery a couple years ago, and Wade was there and Jay-Z was there and Wade got interviewed and said he something to the effect that he was in awe of Jay-Z. I don't think Jay-Z possibly playing a part can be downplayed. I think it's very real.

LeBron James
    Dwyane Wade
    Brook Lopez
    Devin Harris
    Courtney Lee
    Yi Jianlian
    Kris Humphries
    and a top 4 draft pick: John Wall, Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, DeMarcus Cousins

And the New Jersey Nets can afford to do that all because they have the cap space.

Think about it.

Hov!

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He'll either stay in Cleveland or go to the Knix

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't see Wade leaving Miami.

Plus, they'll have to compromise financially, unless they can get a S&T done. The Nets can't offer LeBron the same contract he'd get in Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mogrovejo The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
    Lee
    James
    Bosh
    Lopez
    +
    T Williams
    CDR
    +
    whatever they can get for Harris and Yi (say, Troy Murphy+Jeff Foster)
    27th pick (say, Quincy Pondexter)
    a couple of veterans to round the rotation (Von Wafer+Kenyon Dooling+Joe Smith)

That's a contender right away.
    exactly. I will add that the choice of coach will be vital.
    Dk at this time who would be the great fit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA
    Um?

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I suspect Leon Rose and Worldwide Wes want to pair LeBron with Calipari.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Um what?

Prokhorov is an extremely smart guy, with plenty of money, who knows how to keep his hands-off and players are going to love to be around.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Um what?

Prokhorov is an extremely smart guy, with plenty of money, who knows how to keep his hands-off and players are going to love to be around.
    Cool. Cite his resume in the NBA before proclaiming him the best owner in the league. Daniel Synder has the same traits. That's like saying Jamarcus Russell is going to be the best QB in the NFL because of previous successes, even before he takes a snap on the field.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And I like what I've seen from Prokhorov, but it needs time before anything like that can be said about him.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    By staying in Cleveland he gets an additional $50 million over the span of the contract. No sane man would walk away from that.

Thread Information