Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I don't see Wade leaving Miami.

Plus, they'll have to compromise financially, unless they can get a S&T done. The Nets can't offer LeBron the same contract he'd get in Cleveland.
    I don't see why Wade wouldn't leave Miami to play with LeBron in Brooklyn.

And you're right, they would be compromising from the most max money to regular max money. But I only meant they wouldn't have to compromise down from a max deal to something like $15 million a year.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And I like what I've seen from Prokhorov, but it needs time before anything like that can be said about him.
    yo i'm in business with some people that go to russia frequently and these guys told me that prokorov dude is such a crazy spender it blows your mind out. He throws parties on national museum boats and the like. The russian millionaires think he is out of his mind and just consider how these complaining bas s are spending like mad on SF stuff.

Just think how these guys got their fortunes and their connections with not-so-legal environments. They've got money (at least part) the same way NY has money (at least part of it) ..

Trust me, this guy will pay with no problem what so ever the cost.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If Wade and LeBron end up on the same team, 29 other fanbases are going to pray for ACL injuries daily.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Best owner in the NBA
    we don't know that yet, but hopefully.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Wade and LeBron end up on the same team, 29 other fanbases are going to pray for ACL injuries daily.
    Or, at least pray that Stern doesn't change the amount of basketballs permitted from (1).

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
    Lee
    James
    Bosh
    Lopez
    +
    T Williams
    CDR
    +
    whatever they can get for Harris and Yi (say, Troy Murphy+Jeff Foster)
    27th pick (say, Quincy Pondexter)
    a couple of veterans to round the rotation (Von Wafer+Kenyon Dooling+Joe Smith)

That's a contender right away.
    i've been saying the same thing like you and jamstone in all the other threads today. It's really pretty perfect how the nets are built for lebron and 2010.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    yo i'm in business with some people that go to russia frequently and these guys told me that prokorov dude is such a crazy spender it blows your mind out. He throws parties on national museum boats and the like. The russian millionaires think he is out of his mind and just consider how these complaining bas s are spending like mad on SF stuff.

Just think how these guys got their fortunes and their connections with not-so-legal environments. They've got money (at least part) the same way NY has money (at least part of it) ..

Trust me, this guy will pay with no problem what so ever the cost.
    I heard he throw parties and didn't mind spending

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Well if the team was the Nets I can tell you Lebron and Wade would prob both go down and never play again, because that's just the way it is rooting for the Nets you have high hopes then they come crushing down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S&T for RJ+Blair+Hill+whatever picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noah, Rose, Lebron, Deng

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Noah, Rose, Lebron, Deng
    Maybe it's just me, but that isn't all that intimidating of a line-up.

Very good, yes. But not scary or daunting or just-give-up-before-we-even-play good.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Very good, yes. But not scary or daunting or just-give-up-before-we-even-play good.
    Rose and LeBron aside, it's not that much more formidable that what we just saw in the Celtics series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not intimidating.....true but that's what makes the lineup deceiving. Each player has a very defined role and they play it very well. Except maybe outside of shooting, this lineup has strength, rebounding, shoot blocking, speed, on ball defense, great passing and scoring. They would still need a couple more pieces like a spot up shooter and I think they're right there in the mix in the east.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    not intimidating.....true but that's what makes the lineup deceiving. Each player has a very defined role and they play it very well. Except maybe outside of shooting, this lineup has strength, rebounding, shoot blocking, speed, on ball defense, great passing and scoring. They would still need a couple more pieces like a spot up shooter and I think they're right there in the mix in the east.
    Too bad Calipari might be coaching and wouldn't get that out of any of the players.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
    Lee
    James
    Bosh
    Lopez
    +
    T Williams
    CDR
    +
    whatever they can get for Harris and Yi (say, Troy Murphy+Jeff Foster)
    27th pick (say, Quincy Pondexter)
    a couple of veterans to round the rotation (Von Wafer+Kenyon Dooling+Joe Smith)

That's a contender right away.
    Nets cant sign 2 max, so there is no James AND Bosh. The 2nd guy would start around 10-11 mio, no way Bosh walks away from so much money over the years. With around 27mio cap the 2nd guy is with luck a Boozer or Lee but for sure no Bosh, Amare or Wade.

But yes, talentwise the Nets are great and young, specially if they can get Lee/Boozer too. But they are young, Harris is on the edge to be an injury prone, Lopez didnt prove anything in playoffs yet and maybe the Nets doesnt get #1. Who knows how this young guys all perform when its up "James is here, now we HAVE to deliver and win it all".

The problem with Dallas is that Kidd is 37, Dirk will be 32 next season, Marion is 32. I think LeBron has learned the lesson, if he leaves Cleveland it's going to be for a team with young talent in place, a team that can grow up with mean while being good enough to win a le right away. Plus, Dallas doesn't have cap space and I doubt Gilbert will ever allow a S&T with him unless the talent he's getting back blows his mind.

If the Bulls add LeBron, they're good enough to win a le next season. How hard is to build a better supporting cast than the one Cleveland had this season? Not hard at all.
    James wont look for the most young and talented team, he gonna look where he can get the ring asap. Dirk is 32 but do you see any decline? His game will age slow, he has at least 3 more great years. And he would have the 2nd superstar in his roster and the one that complement his game the most. Just imagine the ridiculous PnR/PnP James and Dirk could play. Add Haywood as defensive minded center and you have the best/perfect frontcourt scenario for James. And then you have plenty of experience depth: Kidd, Terry, Marion, (Butler or Roddy - one of them would probably go in a S&T). James would have at least a really great 3 years window in Dallas. And Cuban would go on spending anyway.

If the Bulls add LeBron, they're good enough to win a le next season. How hard is to build a better supporting cast than the one Cleveland had this season? Not hard at all.
    Bulls have a nice core too but again: Its Jordans house, i dont know if James wanna go there right now in this situation.

For me its still Nets or Mavs. If James is hunting the ring badly i see Dallas as his better option.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The Nets currently have roughly $22 million in guaranteed contracts next year. Say they land the top pick and have to spend the most money. The top pick will roughly make $5 million next year. That's approximately $27 million in guaranteed contracts. Or they could sell that pick if it's perhaps the fourth pick and the Nets would rather have the cap space.

Now they also have a couple smaller contracts that are movable with Yi Jianlian who makes about $4 million next year and Terrence Williams who makes about $2.2 million next year. I think they'll try to move those contracts, especially Yi's, and especially if they land a PF in the draft like Favors. There's a chance (maybe not a good chance but still a chance) some team with available cap space or an exception will trade for Yi without giving up a contract in return. So that $27 million has a chance to be lower.

As far as we know, the cap should be roughly anywhere from around $56-58 million. As it stands right now, the Nets have about $35 million in cap space. They have about enough for two max contracts, or very close to it. If they are also able to move a contract like Yi Jianlian and/or trade their top 4 pick to get that cap space, they could easily be in a position to get enough cap space for two max contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think after ridiculous amounts of drama he'll end up staying in Cleveland but probably on another 3 year deal or something to give him freedom to go again soon..

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^db, with the goods.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    mogrovejo, you bring up the age of the Mavs roster but I'm not sure how relevant it is.

Dirk will be 32 next year but has not shown many signs of slowing down. He is still a top 10 player in the league

Kidd/Marion's age are irrelevant. they will be role players during this dynasty.

We're talking about adding the best basketball player on the planet to a 50 win team. I'd rather try to win with 32 YO Dirk and 37 YO Kidd than dudes like Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose, and Danilllo Gallinari.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Maybe it's possible that Lebron will take into consideration where he actually wants to live for 8 months out of the year.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    mogrovejo, you bring up the age of the Mavs roster but I'm not sure how relevant it is.

Dirk will be 32 next year but has not shown many signs of slowing down. He is still a top 10 player in the league

Kidd/Marion's age are irrelevant. they will be role players during this dynasty.

We're talking about adding the best basketball player on the planet to a 50 win team. I'd rather try to win with 32 YO Dirk and 37 YO Kidd than dudes like Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose, and Danilllo Gallinari.
    You ignore that if he were to go play with Brook Lopez or Danillo Gallinari, he would most likely only do it if another max player goes along with him. So it would be playing with, for example, Brook Lopez and Dwyane Wade or Danillo Gallinari and Chris Bosh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And I like what I've seen from Prokhorov, but it needs time before anything like that can be said about him.
    Okay, but it's like saying Wall is going to be an excellent player. Prokhorov has been incredibly successful as the owner of basketball teams. I can't see a reason why the tactic he used won't be equally successful in the NBA.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You ignore that if he were to go play with Brook Lopez or Danillo Gallinari, he would most likely only do it if another max player goes along with him. So it would be playing with, for example, Brook Lopez and Dwyane Wade or Danillo Gallinari and Chris Bosh.
    Again, Nets dont have space for 2 max right now, they would need trades with trade exceptions etc. But yes, they could add Lee or Boozer for sure.

And again, adding James and Bosh to the Knicks changes nothing, their frontcourt would get toasted by the Magic and Lakers. Knicks sucked it up drafting Gali over Lopez. Even with Bosh they would need 2 more good center/bigmen.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Maybe next season, but I doubt that's going to be LeBron's priority.

The Bulls won 41 games. They had lots of injuries in their key players. They lost 10 games in a row when Noah + Rose were injured. Rose is getting better, Noah still has room to improvement, Gibson was a rookie. Deng is 25 years old, LeBron's age. That's a spectacular core to build a dynasty.

In Dallas, in a couple of seasons he'd be in the same situation he's been in Cleveland.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Again, Nets dont have space for 2 max right now, they would need trades with trade exceptions etc. But yes, they could add Lee or Boozer for sure.

And again, adding James and Bosh to the Knicks changes nothing, their frontcourt would get toasted by the Magic and Lakers. Knicks sucked it up drafting Gali over Lopez. Even with Bosh they would need 2 more good center/bigmen.
    Nets have enough for two max contracts right now. If they sell their draft pick, they still would. Or if they find a way to dump Yi Jianlian's contract, they would have enough.

It's more likely the Nets can find a way to make the space for two max contracts than it is LeBron gets traded to Dallas, yet (serious or not) Mavs fans won't shut up about the possibility of him landing there.

Thread Information