Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You fail to realize, Shaq of 1995 wasn't close to as dominant as Shaq of 1998-2003. That's a fact jack..

So to imply Shaq of 95'= Shaq during the time Duncan had to go through him 5 times isn't comparable.
    Butthurt?

Shaq 98-04>Shaq of 95
    You're an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus as was stated earlier Duncan and Shaq did not guard each other except in very rare cir stances. Its an apples and oranges comparison.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Shaq 98-04>Shaq of 95
    Then we should give that Robinson guy a lot of props, considering he was the one holding him and not that guy named Duncan. What dominant big has Duncan trumped in the postseason? He never held Shaq from 99-03. Shaq beat him in 04. Dirk beat him in 06. Lost to Gasol in 08. Lost to Amare this year. I guess he did catch Dirk and Amare on the way to his 3rd and 4th les, and he did get past the Wallace boys in 05, although he was horrible offensively that series. I'm not sure if he could get past Ewing, Robinson and Shaq while having to battle them on both ends. Care to give an example?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then we should give that Robinson guy a lot of props, considering he was the one holding him and not that guy named Duncan. What dominant big has Duncan trumped in the postseason? He never held Shaq from 99-03. Shaq beat him in 04. Dirk beat him in 06. Lost to Gasol in 08. Lost to Amare this year. I guess he did catch Dirk and Amare on the way to his 3rd and 4th les, and he did get past the Wallace boys in 05, although he was horrible offensively that series. I'm not sure if he could get past Ewing, Robinson and Shaq while having to battle them on both ends. Care to give an example?
    The fact that you Rockets fans think Duncan isn't better than Robinson makes you guys look stupid. Duncan>Hakeem

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The fact that you Rockets fans think Duncan isn't better than Robinson makes you guys look stupid. Duncan>Hakeem
    The inability to read makes folks look stupid. Did I say Robinson was better than Duncan? But Robinson was the one holding Shaq from 99-04. What big has Duncan dominated in the postseason, on both sides of the court?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He shot terrible in the Detroit series. He had 26/19 and 24/17 against that frontline. He also had 25 in game 7 and did stuff the stats don't show. Like get his team going in the 3rd. He willed them to victory.
    Last edited by Mr.Robinson; 05-30-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we take Duncan where he is at today and then look at where the Dream was at from a total games played Duncan has a 1147 to 1085 advantage.

This includes a 170 to 107 playoff advantage to Duncan. Almost 3/4 of a season longer in playoff games. It is no wonder the man is wearing down.

Of course wearing down for Tim is posting 19 and 10.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's nice...Olajuwon actually had two quadruple doubles...one which was taken away from him.

Also in that video I failed to see the raw athleticism and overall skill that Olajuwan played with his entire career, especially when Hakeem was able to play like that until the ages of 33 and 34. Hakeem was a better shot blocker, better on the ball defender/stealer and better overall offensive player than Duncan ever was. But Duncan was able to play on better teams during a non big man era so hence...."THE ARGUMENT".

Question....if Duncan and Olajuwon were able to come out and enter the same draft even knowing what they know now, which player do you think G.M's everywhere would take first?

Answer....Olajuwon
    False. Hakeem had 17 and 13 and 5 blocks in his last year playing college ball. Duncan had 17 and 13 and 4 in his soph season. He finished with 20 and 14 and 3 his senior year. Duncan was ready after his soph season. Many people wanted him in the nba after his soph season. They were so similar in getting the job done. Hakeem was faster more athletic. Duncan was more patient and just as effective. I think Duncan was a little better. His passing and ability to make his team better was just better. Hakeem looked great playing in that era. I just think Duncan would have been better than him even in that era. I have a feeling Duncan would have had Moses rebounding numbers in that era. He was more of a banger than Hakeem. Duncan worked the paint harder. Hakeem was amazing. Duncan might not have been as flashy but got done one way or another. Duncan didn't have the jumping and running ability Hakeem had but he had more bball IQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A prime Dream is the best center of all-time. He'd come out on top, Duncan would make it compe ive though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but the rockets team of the 90's would be smoking mad laker pole if they met the lakers in the 2000-03 area.

NO way does an undersized jumpshooter and garbage point Forward and a kevin johnson who is a tier parker even win one game on the Lakers in that era.

At the time, Harper, Fisher, Fox and Kobe would outmuscle the Drexler, cassell, Smith, Maxwell backcourt. Shaq would give the dream a pink sock, Shaq in the 2000's would outmuscle hakeem, he was a different beast. not to mention that Horry was wiser and just as lethal than the Houston Horry.

This whole era is ridiculous.

Mutumbo was like a 7'2 Dwight Howard with far less O skills and better shotblocking.

Kevin Garnett > Ewing, Malone.

2000 Shaq would obliterate any Center minus DRob in that heralded 90's era.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A prime Dream is the best center of all-time. He'd come out on top, Duncan would make it compe ive though.
    Duncan would get his. Hakeem would not get Duncan jumping with his fakes. Duncan was twice the defender Robinson was. Twice the player as well. DROB was a bit robotic. Hakeem is a bit overrated because of that DROB series.

You suck rook. Aggie Hoopsdouche's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tell em idiotknight!! Hakeem wasn't as good as C-Webb even. No way his team could challenge the Lakers like that stupendous team built around C-Webb, some floppers, and a couple of massively unclutch three point bombers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but the rockets team of the 90's would be smoking mad laker pole if they met the lakers in the 2000-03 area.

NO way does an undersized jumpshooter and garbage point Forward and a kevin johnson who is a tier parker even win one game on the Lakers in that era.

At the time, Harper, Fisher, Fox and Kobe would outmuscle the Drexler, cassell, Smith, Maxwell backcourt. Shaq would give the dream a pink sock, Shaq in the 2000's would outmuscle hakeem, he was a different beast. not to mention that Horry was wiser and just as lethal than the Houston Horry.

This whole era is ridiculous.

Mutumbo was like a 7'2 Dwight Howard with far less O skills and better shotblocking.

Kevin Garnett > Ewing, Malone.

2000 Shaq would obliterate any Center minus DRob in that heralded 90's era.
    I know just because Ewing was a way better shotblocker and a way better go to guy means nothing!! Screw that Ewing averaged 28.6 ppg on 55% shooting to go along with 10.9 rebounds and 4.0 blocks in his prime and that that comically dwarfs KG's best season. Especially in scoring and shotblocking. Annnnyyyyythhhhhhhiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngg is Poooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiii iibbblllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllle!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I forgot to call someone rook.

Get a clue rook, every time Duncan lost he had less help. That's the only reason he would ever lose to anybody. That and his coach sucks.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Oh, I forgot to call someone rook.

Get a clue rook, every time Duncan lost he had less help. That's the only reason he would ever lose to anybody. That and his coach sucks.
    Every time he had less help he lost...kinda like Hakeem for most of his career (less help)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olajuwon would be the out of every big man not named Olajuwon.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan would get his. Hakeem would not get Duncan jumping with his fakes. Duncan was twice the defender Robinson was. Twice the player as well. DROB was a bit robotic. Hakeem is a bit overrated because of that DROB series.
    IDK about that ....

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Olajuwon would be the out of every big man not named Olajuwon.
    Prime Kareem would score at will. I love Hakeem but he was undersized for a center and his freak athleticism/coordination made up for it. But he's not touching prime Kareem's sky hook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Kareem would score at will. I love Hakeem but he was undersized for a center and his freak athleticism/coordination made up for it. But he's not touching prime Kareem's sky hook.
    Hakeem blocked Kareem 's sky hook several times

(true story)

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not in his prime.

lol @ blocking a 38 year old

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol @ comparing 38-40 year old Kareem's quickness to his 6 time MVP self

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem was great, but even if both Cap and Dream went vs each other in their prime, Hakeem would still beat the out of Kareem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right right..because kareem's offense was just sooo predicated on athleticism

i'm sure the 38 year old version jumped a couple of inches less high on his sky hook than the 28 year old version
    And this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kareem was great, but even if both Cap and Dream went vs each other in their prime, Hakeem would still beat the out of Kareem
    So you're admitting that you never watched prime Kareem play and that you're a dumbass? Great.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So you're admitting that you never watched prime Kareem play and that you're a dumbass? Great.
    keep acting like you saw kareem in his prime.

Thread Information