Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MannyIsGod
    ok, so asian food kicks ass. i just recently tried sushi and i can't wait to try it again, it's sooooooo godamn good. the only problem is that apparently i have to be rich to eat this damn stuff on a regular basis.

do you guys know of any good cheap places to get some/

also, if you know any good thai places [i ing love thai as well], let me know about those.

E20
    Thai House Restaurant
    4114 Rittiman Rd
    San Antonio
    (210) 657-9126

Thai Kitchen Restaurant
    445 McCarty Rd
    San Antonio
    (210) 344-8366

Benihana & Sushi Bar
    8342 W. IH 10
    San Antonio
    (210) 541-8100

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
    15909 San Pedro Av, Ste. 100
    San Antonio
    (210) 545-5151

I'm a pussy I can't take sushi, I threw up eating it. I like the rice with the orange chicken and the Chicken Chow Mien.

KoriEllis
    Kabuki is really good. But Manny, if you are just looking for cheap Sushi fix on occasion, eat at Chopsticks on 410 -- it's chinese buffet but the Sushi is actually decent.

timvp is a Sushi expert and likes it more than I do. So ask him for more places.

Useruser666
    Cheap Sushi = Reciepe for disaster! :vomit

Oh and don't try and Google Kabuki and spell it wrong!

Useruser666 :eyebrow

Mark in Austin
    generally, I like to get sushi for lunch - there are usually specials that make it more affordable, even at the better places.

If you're ever in Austin, Tokyo Restaurant on Bee Caves Road is some of the best I've had.

KoriEllis
    Speaking of Sushi ...

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Oscar-winning actor Nicolas Cage has married for the third time.

The "Leaving Las Vegas" star wed 20-year-old Alice Kim on Friday at a private ceremony on a ranch in Northern California, publicist Annett Wolf told The Associated Press.

It is the third wedding for Cage, 40, who split with his previous wife Lisa Marie Presley after less than four months in 2002.

Before that, he was married for six years to actress Patricia Arquette.

Kim, a former sushi waitress, met Cage when the actor visited the Los Angeles restaurant where she worked. This is her first marriage.

They started dating in February and reportedly became engaged after about two months.

Wolf declined to provide addition details on the nuptials.

No photo was released.

Useruser666
    I hope things work out for them. Otherwise that would be one of a Bobbit!

Useruser666 :eyebrow

CosmicCowboyXXX
    Koi Kawa in the shopping center next to the Witte Museum is excellent and reasonable. We sat right next to Tommy Lee Jones last time we went there for lunch.

The bigger HEB's have sushi bars now...probably the safest place to get cheap sushi around...since you are a novice you probably aren't looking for the more exotic stuff anyway...

I caught a 40lb yellow fin tuna while marlin fishing in Cabo a few years ago...we had brought onions/peppers/ tomatos/limes etc. with us that morning...we made fresh ceviche out of the tuna and then thin sliced more of the raw tuna...rolled it and used it to dip with...friggin awesome...

iminlakerland
    Sushi is awesome...We have tons and tons of sushi places out here (cali). We have some real high quality sushi that isnt to expensive.

What did you try Manny?

Oh and by the way the first time i tried sushi i was gona puke. But i tried it again and i loved it.

MannyIsGod
    I tried Vegtable Tempora, which was good, but not really sushi. I had california rolls, I had Eel, then I had a bunch of Tuna, and a bunch of other random stuff that was all good. The eel was my favorite.

Taz1
    i know where you can get sushi real cheap ...

just go down to the texas gulf coast, and look for the nearest live bait shop !

www.gcaa.com/photo.asp?id=54

Flea
    I love sushi. You can get decent stuff at HEB, the ones that make it fresh, on the spot. We use to frequent Fujiya off of Wurzbach. Sushi is not cheap and I'm not sure I want it to be. When you eat raw fish you want it to be fresh and you want an expert preparing it. I want to take the sushi class at Central Market but have not had a chance.

I live on the Northeast side so the Thai I eat is usually at Bangkok Quisine quisine on Pat Booker or Thai e at the Forum.They aren't cheap though. Oh for really cheap, good Thai food there is Thai Dee on Blanco. They have cheap lunch specials.

Alamo Spurs Fan
    I like my sushi battered and deep fried. Thanks.

Beef I'll eat nearly raw. Fish needs to be steaming and fresh out of the Crisco, or it just sucks, IMO...

Blood Dong
    Try the bukkake...........heard it's messy tho

Blondie4Spurs
    The BEST sushi and Japaneese food is at Goros on Mossrock right off of 410 and Vance Jackson in the strip center behind the Diamond Shamrock. Great variety and super great happy hour prices, much less expensive than any place else in SA. Items not on the menu - las vegas, louisiana, and aggie rolls are to die for and they will make just about anything you ask for. They also have a room with a big screen TV so you can watch sports!

Zushi Sushi is ok and a lot more expensive.

Kabuki might have good Japaneese food, but their sushi pales in comparison to Goros and Zushi Sushi.

Stay away from Sake Cafe - over priced and not very good. That also goes for any CHineese restaraunt that serves sushi - generally a bad idea.

Best Thai:

Thai Cafe on perin beitel next to long John Silvers.

CrazyOne
    I've been to the Bangkok Cuisine on Pat Booker and liked it a lot. A good friend, who is Thai herself, highly recommends the Thai Cafe on Perrin Beitel.

ClintSquint
    If it ain't cooked, this hombre ain't eatin' it.

Blood Dong
    So your significant other must be very dissatisfied.........

CosmicCowboyXXX

in honor of Manny's new love for sushi I hereby rename the house special as the "Manny Roll"...

F7
    Cheapest Asian food? A simple call to Pimp "Nasty" McGraw can land you a $10 all you can eat Asian muffet.

BOOYAH!

ClintSquint
    So your significant other must be very dissatisfied.........
    No matter...my sausage is fully cooked! :wink

MannyIsGod
    so on a whim i tried central market's sushi today. not bad, but not as good as the sushi zushi i had on friday. i am going to hit up goro's later on this week though, that sounds pretty cool.

Taz1
    i see your plan ...

try all these "wannabes", then "save the best for last" !

so, you will be visiting the texas gulf coast after you've tried all these "high dollar, low quality" california-esque scuz buckets, then you're going to go down to port aransas, and hit the first live bait shop you can find, and then you'll know what "real" sushi consists of !!!

and you thought you could fool all of us ?

come on, now ... how long have you been a member here ?

ChumpDumper
    I'm going to take this opportunity to plug my favorite Korean dish, bi bim bop.

Just finshed a batch.

Tasty.

Taz1
    doesn't he pitch for the boston red sox, formerly with the arizona diamondbacks ?

yeah, remember ... he was the one that single-handedly tried to give the world series to the yankees, back in 2001 !

Thread Information