Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Dreaming of you-Selena ALWAYS bet on BLACK's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    and about most of the other shows that are in reruns.

the ing laugh track/auto laugh fake , whatever it is called, has ruined it and i despise it.

shows like the office and community, newer shows, that do not have that have changed tv forever. I hope they never use those laugh tracks again.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    nice job @ being an ignorant american

the office was running in the UK for years before the USA decided to copy it and show it here.

go watch UK television. they "changed tv forever" a long time ago.

Dreaming of you-Selena ALWAYS bet on BLACK's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Look you pasty ass racist, go fix 610 south so the blacks can move freely around Houston, once again.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Sitcoms have been going without laugh tracks for decades -- it just used to be that they never seemed to last very long without them. Old Hanna-Barberra cartoons are the worst. I think they cheaped out and tried to make their own laugh tracks instead of buying from the local laugh track monopoly, and it shows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    tbh Seinfeld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Office

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    shows like the office and community, newer shows, that do not have that have changed tv forever. I hope they never use those laugh tracks again.
    I totally agree, The Office on US tv has totally changed the expectations of what is funny...so what is funny? Telegraphed punch-lines, awkward camera zoom-ins, and ripping-off lesser known pop culture phenomena for mainstream consumption and running the joke into the ground so John and Jane Doe have something "funny" to talk about tomorrow at the water cooler.

Community is pretty good tho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

the ing laugh track/auto laugh fake , whatever it is called, has ruined it and i despise it.

The laugh track is on Seinfeld so that at least there is SOME laughter while watching it.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Anything but reality tv bull .

Luckily I just don't have time to watch much of anything besides Cowboys, Longhorns, Spurs, Always Sunny, Curb, and the occassional do entary or movie. I have no idea what a "new" show is like

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Honestly I never pay attention to a laugh track. It's never bothered me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I don't even watch the new sitcoms. I'll stick to my reruns that come on TV Land or TBS. Way better programming, IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol reality TV. I don't need a laugh track for that post.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I always tell people that sports is the ultimate reality TV. I love watching Seinfeld reruns. It's gotten to the point where all I need is about 2 minutes to identify an episode.

But that show can make me laugh by just thinking about the episodes without actually seeing them. It was such a great show.

If I had to choose my favorite comedy on TV today, it would have to be It's Always Sunny. That show is too damn funny. Truth be told, I never got into Curb because I'm a poor mexican that doesn't have HBO. I bet if I started watching from the beginning like on Netflix or something, I'd probably like it. Actually, I've seen about one or two episodes what were pretty funny. Not totally hilarious, but funny. Then again, I'm sure there were tons of inside jokes and references to previous episodes that went totally over my head.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

seinfeld? did I take a hot tub time machine to 1996?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    seinfeld? did I take a hot tub time machine to 1996?
    Seeing as how it's still on TV to this day, no, no you didn't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't mind Seinfeld's as much for some reason. When I became a regular pot user, I really started noticing that and it bugged the out of me. I can barely watch That 70s Show anymore. But Seinfeld...I dunno, their laughs seem more genuine and they're actually filming in front of a lot of people.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Most overrated show...ever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    laugh track? are you people morons? it's called a live studio audience. and seinfeld is better/worth more than all of your lives combined. Sorry to break it to you morans.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seeing as how it's still on TV to this day, no, no you didn't.
    It's just taken the OP until 2010 to quit watching a show that ended 13 years ago, so I was confused.

btw: after 20 years of reruns, I'm done with MASH. That preachy Hawkeye really gets on my last nerve.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Seinfeld was filmed in front of a live studio audience. Forgot about that. There are clips in the Finale clip show that show Seinfeld doing his standup before a show to warm up the crowd. They also show clips of the cast bowing to the crowd after a taping of an episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    btw: after 20 years of reruns, I'm done with MASH. That preachy Hawkeye really gets on my last nerve.
    I know what you mean, but to me Father Mulcahy is the preachy one. I'm tired of his bull too though.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They still play reruns of MASH? I had no idea! I thought I was light years behind because I just started watching My Name is Earl. I usually only watch sit coms when they are in syndication, never in primetime.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    They still play reruns of MASH? I had no idea! I thought I was light years behind because I just started watching My Name is Earl. I usually only watch sit coms when they are in syndication, never in primetime.
    You can stream My Name Is Earl on Netfilx instantly. That's the best way to watch a show if you want to catch up. No commercials and you can watch whenever you want for however long you want.

In the month of June I'm about to watch the entire 5 seasons of Weeds. About 5 episodes from done. I watch a lot when my kids are asleep. Either that or play MW2.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seinfeld, funny? Huh. Who knew. I watch but it does nothing for me. At least Kramer made it interesting. His stuff in UHF and Transylvania 6500 was hilarious. Raduuuuuuuuuu!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I never watched from day one. Meh!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I still watch MASH too.. on Hallmark channel, almost every day. I love the old shows.

Thread Information