Don't like how the original gets hot.

What an idiot.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC Power supply for laptop.

Don't like how the original gets hot.
    AC power supplies normally run hot. If it's under warranty I'd go back to the place you bought it and ask them for a replacement. It may be faulty, but like I said, they normally run hot.

Last edited by Viva Las Espuelas; 01-24-2011 at 12:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What laptop is it?

Unfortunately I haven't heard of any company making high quality stuff for that.
    You most likely are not going to find anything other than a replacement part that gets as hot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO.

You ing tool, he edited his post afterward to specify a laptop.

His original post said nothing except "opinions? Don't like how the original gets hot."

I thought it was a bit odd that he was monitoring the internal temp of his case's power supply, but why the would I ask him how much power he needed or what video card he had if he was asking about a laptop?

"Hi, I'm Viva, and I have absolutely zero critical reasoning skills."

Of course, you do support Rush Limbaugh, so I'm not sure why I expected anything more from you in threads like this.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 01-24-2011 at 08:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What laptop is it?

Unfortunately I haven't heard of any company making high quality stuff for that.
    You most likely are not going to find anything other than a replacement part that gets as hot.
    Toshiba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO.

You ing tool, he edited his post afterward to specify a laptop.

His original post said nothing except "opinions? Don't like how the original gets hot."l
    riiiiiiiiiiiight

"Hi, I'm Viva, and I have absolutely zero critical reasoning skills."

Of course, you do support Rush Limbaugh, so I'm not sure why I expected anything more from you in threads like this.
    No. I don't support Limbaugh. Thanks for ASSuming though. And my critical reasoning skills are quite good. I know the difference between a laptop and desktop pc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fabbs, the only thing I can think of is to look at your current AC adapter and see how many watts it can handle (IE:90W). Then try to find a compatible AC adapter rated for more watts (IE:120W).

AC adapters that can handle more watts have bigger heat dissipators (some of them might include a built-in fan), and since your laptop would be drawing less power than the rating, it should stay cooler than your current one.

Try googling for "Toshiba Global AC Adapter". There's some Toshiba-branded parts on Amazon. Just make sure it's compatible with your laptop. Good luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus desktop pc's don't require a "brick". Simply an ac power CORD that never gets hot, you stupid jack wagon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riiiiiiight. Do you think it's a coincidence that Fabbs neglected to even mention the laptop brand until ElNono asked him? So you're saying he had the presence of mind to specify "laptop" or "desktop", but he didn't think to mention the brand? Critical thinking, Viva. Do u has it?

No. I don't support Limbaugh. Thanks for ASSuming though. And my critical reasoning skills are quite good. I know the difference between a laptop and desktop pc.
    Kind of like how you assumed I didn't know the difference between a laptop and a desktop? Yeah, you're right, after all my time in the forum it's obvious that I don't know anything about computers.

Plus desktop pc's don't require a "brick". Simply an ac power CORD that never gets hot, you stupid jack wagon.
    The power supply inside a computer case can definitely get hot, especially without ventilation. I took it as a given that Fabbs wouldn't be asking about laptop power supplies, since they always run hot anyway and there's little you can do about it.

--

Oh, and for the record, my first response was complete sarcasm. Do you think someone like Fabbs needs a $380 power supply? Yeah, didn't think so.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 01-24-2011 at 11:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Square brick lol
    Backpedaling lol
    Easy reading lol

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    You guys bicker over some of the dumbest .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This x1000000000. Only Viva would care so much that he feels the need to call me out in such a pointless thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... looks like I missed something.

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Find one with the largest available wattage. It will be heavier and more bulky, but if it is doing less ac/dc conversion, it is staying cooler, generally. Targus has a good return policy, and IIRC they go up to 125 W on some models, much higher than the standard adapter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find one with the largest available wattage. It will be heavier and more bulky, but if it is doing less ac/dc conversion, it is staying cooler, generally. Targus has a good return policy, and IIRC they go up to 125 W on some models, much higher than the standard adapter.
    Just be sure that the power supply in question is compatible with your model of laptop. If it's not, at best it might not fit into the charging port, and at worst, it could damage the computer.

Thread Information