Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doctoral research =/= undergrad studies =/= k-12 studies. You're moving goalposts here. What is acceptable for doctoral research really has no meaning on what would be acceptable for children or undergraduate degree programs

In any event, almost every major university provides online degree programs for many of their studies now and those degrees are every bit the degree you would get by attending courses on their campus.

Yet you laugh at the people who have them? Makes sense I guess.

You're certainly en led to your point of view and I don't believe I've ever stated otherwise but I don't think you should take your ball and want to go home just because I'm posting something contrary to what you think is happening.

You are the one who has been continuous in saying there is no supervision and there is no interaction and frankly both statements are simply false.

Once again, you simply ignore the costs of operating physical schools. No one is saying that operating schools online would be free, but the amount they would cost only matters in the context of comparing it to what physical schools cost.
    Manny, Its up to every man to pull himself up by the bootstraps, and you cant look down own anyone for doing just that. I was born on the South Side of San Antonio. I worked on my undergrad for ten years while I supported a family with two and three jobs. I dont laugh at anyone who pursues education. But the fact remains, online DEGREE is not the same education as actually attending classes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manny, Its up to every man to pull himself up by the bootstraps, and you cant look down own anyone for doing just that. I was born on the South Side of San Antonio. I worked on my undergrad for ten years while I supported a family with two and three jobs. I dont laugh at anyone who pursues education. But the fact remains, online DEGREE is not the same education as actually attending classes.
    Spoken like a true doctorate snob. What was your degree in again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you say so? Prove it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is right...online education is not the same as attending classes....convenient, but not the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so prove it.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    But the fact remains, online DEGREE is not the same education as actually attending classes.
    Yes, I agree.

With the online degree you don't get indoctrination 101 thru 205 as part of your fees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I agree.

With the online degree you don't get indoctrination 101 thru 205 as part of your fees.
    Why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the classroom has an advantage, but the vast majority of time, that advantage goes to waste. Online learning is clearly where the future is. I would guess that a lot of homeschooling is being done via online learning, and homeschoolers generally do better on tests and such (of course, it's a self-selected group). If a big change came, I think it would when nearly all of the K-12 can be done online, and the parents who care drop out of the public schools in droves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seemingly every consumer fraud website has an entire complaint section dedicated to the University of Phoenix.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one exists in a vacuum.
    You should meet my sister-in-law sometime. You'd retract that statement.

More to the point of the thread, I agree with your stance that you would need to pinpoint and "fix" what is wrong with the general population in order to resolve the education dilemma. Problem is, in plain terms, you can't fix stupid.

It's too late to reinvent the education system - I don't think anyone is independant or willful or intelligent or creative enough to do it anymore. I think a big step in the right direction, however, would be to abolish compulsory education.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard on the Jim Rome radio show when he interviewed the Admiral that D-Rob is starting a virtual K-12 private school.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard on the Jim Rome radio show when he interviewed the Admiral that D-Rob is starting a virtual K-12 private school.
    Yes, it's up and running. Tuition is $6,500 per student, with 2k of that due up front as an "enrollment fee".

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    My online courses are harder than my "in-person" courses. Not sure if that's due to the coursework, or lack of good interaction with my profs online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My online courses are harder than my "in-person" courses. Not sure if that's due to the coursework, or lack of good interaction with my profs online.
    Where do you go to school?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Where do you go to school?
    Hawaii Pacific University. Not the greatest, but I can't go to Tulane anymore. (Plan on finishing my associates through Tulane, but I have to take some classes through HPU first. Assuming I don't get deployed in the meanwhile )

Anyways, the homework they throw out cons utes a good deal of work, plus some of the tests are really anal about how answers are submitted.

Thread Information