Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs star Manu Ginobli, a native of Argentina, supports his country’s adoption this week of gay marriage, the first country in South America to allow gays to marry.

The NBA star told an Argentine newspaper (this is from an online translation):

With regard to the law of marriage between same sex, NBA player was in favor: “I am all for marriage. I think we all have the same rights. Although in reality with regard to adoption do not feel able to give an opinion. “
    His reference to adoption was in regards to the gay marriage bill also giving gay couples the right to adopt. I was sent this link from Andrés Duque of the blog Blabbeando, who goes into great detail about the marriage law.

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/20...-gay-marriage/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problems with gay marriage.

But I think Manu would agree with me about adoption, the poor adopted kid of a gay couple is gonna grow up to be a got cause he don't know any better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, there's no reason not to support it..

Manu is my type of dude, we seem to have the same views..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. Manu is a beautiful human being. Like him tons.

Meanwhile, that idiot upthread: adopted kids of gay parents have every chance of having normal, thriving childhoods, same as any others. Do you think interracial couples ought to avoid having kids, too? If so, I should come kick your ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, there's no reason not to support it..

Manu is my type of dude, we seem to have the same views..
    Are you going to get down on one knee when you do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. Manu is a beautiful human being. Like him tons.

Meanwhile, that idiot upthread: adopted kids of gay parents have every chance of having normal, thriving childhoods, same as any others. Do you think interracial couples ought to avoid having kids, too? If so, I should come kick your ass.
    Sorry you disagree with me Mr. Body.

But until I see proof otherwise I will assume the kid will have more chance to be gay than straight due to living with a gay couple in his/her early years. I cannot support that. And I can see Manu stopped short of supporting it as well.

cheers

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should start another round of rumors about re-signing RJ.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't underestimate the political machinery behind this though. I think any NBA player would be eaten alive with criticism if they didn't at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised it took until post #9 for an RJ mention.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you going to get down on one knee when you do it?

The only man that would interest me in this way is the man in my avatar..

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an advocate of the game of basketball, not any particular group's rights. Whether you agree with Manu's views or not, I will never understand why people feel the need to get caught up in this .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an advocate of the game of basketball, not any particular group's rights. Whether you agree with Manu's views or not, I will never understand why people feel the need to get caught up in this .
    By commenting in this thread, you're getting caught up in it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah it would be an interesting study to see if kids of gay couples disproportionally end up being gay as well. I think they would... that's y I don't support the adoption part. I think a man and woman are responsible for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But until I see proof otherwise I will assume the kid will have more chance to be gay than straight due to living with a gay couple in his/her early years. I cannot support that. And I can see Manu stopped short of supporting it as well.

cheers
    You're a ing idiot.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker would never support gay marriage.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I have no problems with gay marriage.

But I think Manu would agree with me about adoption, the poor adopted kid of a gay couple is gonna grow up to be a got cause he don't know any better
    I'm glad he supports gay marriage. I'm not sure that line completely makes sense though hater. Why do kids of heterosexual couples end up gay then? Anyways I guess I don't really have a strong opinion of gay couple adoption anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a GREAT teammate

He is very supportive of Richard Jefferson

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread doesn't seem to have the potential of the no soy creyente one a couple of years ago.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By commenting in this thread, you're getting caught up in it..
    Don't be a smart-ass. I was referring to the phenomenon of ascribing added value to what celebrities of any discipline think about politically sensitive issues such as this. Try to keep up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could care less what Manu is in support of. All I care about is whether he's tearing it up on the court in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

cheers
    There are no difference with kids being raised with gay parents or heterosexual parents.

No difference.

Sexual Orientation. A number of investigators have also studied a third component of sexual iden y, sexual orientation (Bailey, Bobrow, Wolfe, & Mickach, 1995; Bozett, 1980, 1987, 1989; Gottman, 1990; Golombok & Tasker, 1996; Green, 1978; Huggins, 1989; Miller, 1979; Paul, 1986; Rees, 1979; Tasker & Golombok, 1997). In all studies, the great majority of offspring of both lesbian mothers and gay fathers described themselves as heterosexual. Taken together, the data do not suggest elevated rates of sexuality among the offspring of lesbian or gay parents. For instance, Huggins (1989) interviewed 36 adolescents, half of whom had lesbian mothers and half of whom had heterosexual mothers. No children of lesbian mothers identified themselves as lesbian or gay, but one child of a heterosexual mother did; this difference was not statistically significant. In another study, Bailey and his colleagues (1995) studied adult sons of gay fathers and found more than 90% of the sons to be heterosexual.

Golombok and Tasker (1996, 1997) studied 25 young adults reared by divorced lesbian mothers and 21 young adults reared by divorced heterosexual mothers. They reported that offspring of lesbian mothers were no more likely than those of heterosexual mothers to describe themselves as feeling attracted to same-sex sexual partners. If they were attracted in this way, however, young adults with lesbian mothers were more likely to report that they would consider entering into a same-sex sexual relationship, and they were more likely to have actually participated in such a relationship. They were not, however, more likely to identify themselves as non-heterosexual (i.e., as lesbian, gay, or bisexual). These results were based on a small sample, and they must be interpreted with caution. At the same time, the study is the first to follow children of divorced lesbian mothers into adulthood, and it offers a detailed and careful examination of important issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can someone spell a player's last name wrong in a le of an article?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can someone spell a player's last name wrong in a le of an article?
    I think Barkley is the author

Thread Information