Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I have everything running on ultra and it's nice. As for the game it's great, I started playing it and it felt amazingly natural to get back into StarCraft, but I don't play RTS online, I’m afraid I would get owned.
    Be afraid no more, its official, as with 90% of MP players in Starcraft.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I have an 8600 gts with decent quad core computer with 6 gigs would the 8600gts run this game decently? what about mw2?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I have an 8600 gts with decent quad core computer with 6 gigs would the 8600gts run this game decently? what about mw2?
    Yes on SC2

Kind of for MW2.

You could get a second card cheap seeing as that card is 1-2 years old. Run in SLi, bam, problem solved.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I have a Radeon 4850 which I never really intended for gaming. Actually, I haven't gamed consistently on the PC since 2007ish, so I'm out of the loop in terms of gaming cards.

But I'm guessing it should still be good for SC2? I can play CS:S on max settings 1920 X 1080!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there a demo I can play? I was always a huge warcraft RTS fan, but have never played starcraft.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    If I wanted to upgrade my graphics card with a budget of say $250 what would you reccomend? Ive never done SLI not sure if I have another pci express slot open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just took the plunge last night and bought the digital version. Played until you're on the spaceship (3 or so missions). Enjoying it quite a bit so far.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    If I wanted to upgrade my graphics card with a budget of say $250 what would you reccomend? Ive never done SLI not sure if I have another pci express slot open.
    If you an open pci slot, you'll spend much less on a VGA to match yours. I just checked NewEgg and the card is (obviously) discontinued.

You can probably find one on Ebay or the like to exactly match yours.

You have two scenarios:

1. You have two available PCI slots: Match the card you own, buy one really good one or two mid-level cards (see link, good damn card, cheap too).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130339

2. You DO NOT have two available PCI slots: Then youre limited to buying one really good card for less than $250, or upgrading your mobo for more PCI slots and going to option 1.

This is one good/great card for around $200 bucks

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    is there a demo I can play? I was always a huge warcraft RTS fan, but have never played starcraft.
    No, not yet anyway. Probably never will, tbh.

Buy or pirate.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I have a Radeon 4850 which I never really intended for gaming. Actually, I haven't gamed consistently on the PC since 2007ish, so I'm out of the loop in terms of gaming cards.

But I'm guessing it should still be good for SC2? I can play CS:S on max settings 1920 X 1080!
    Oh yeah, youre good to go with SC2 on that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102747

512mb of RAM, 256-bit transfer

Above average cards these days have 1gb of RAM and a 360ish-bit transfer, for comparison.

The "Killer Cards" can go up to 2GB with a 1MB transfer rate! ! I havent looked at cards in some time....just wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not yet anyway. Probably never will, tbh.

Buy or pirate.
    That sucks, I don't want to buy it if I am not going to enjoy it, and the only reason I would get the game would be to play multiplayer through battlenet, so no pirate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-327-_-Product

This is the best card for the money in the world right now. Plus, if you buy that, you can SLI it for $300 bucks (280 after rebate!) with another 5770. That would set you up very nicely for any modern game.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 07-29-2010 at 09:15 AM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-327-_-Product

This is the best card for the money in the world right now. Plus, if you buy that, you can SLI it for $300 bucks (280 after rebate!) with another 5770. That would set you up very nicely for any modern game.
    Bam. Should have left the advice to people (CH) who are still wandering the landscape.

I tricked my PC out a little over ayear ago and havent looked at hardware since.

Better price, too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the NVidia GTX260 blew the 5770 out of the water for about the same price?

I was looking at 5770 comparisons at Tom's Hardware today, and noticed that.

Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind actually. They're basically comparable, but the 5770 is actually DX11 compatible.

Carry on...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind actually. They're basically comparable, but the 5770 is actually DX11 compatible.

Carry on...
    Yeah, that's the main difference. If you're only looking to go DX10, I'd probably recommend the 260.

However, I believe the 5770 runs a lot cooler as well. I haven't compared the power consumption, but the DX11 is really what makes the 5770 shine. $280 to run any game on max settings? Yes please.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    teh 5770 is $155 on newegg, and it's ready for overclocking which makes it 13% better than standard 5770

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3067296&SID=

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teh 5770 is $155 on newegg, and it's ready for overclocking which makes it 13% better than standard 5770

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3067296&SID=
    Good thing you're bringing so much new information to the thread.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Good thing you're bringing so much new information to the thread.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Cry Havoc;4547315]Good thing you're bringing so much new information to the thread.[/QUOTE

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    fuccck
    now i have a problem.

all of my pc parts got here, everything brand new. so I build it, and use the HDMI port on the radeon hd 5750 to my hdtv HDMI port.

when i boot up the computer for the first time, no signal??

do i have to install windows and and then install gfx card so that it will work?

the mobo I bought does not bring a graphics outlet at all this is the mobo i bought

so i entirely depend on the radeon gfx card for video out....

should the card be working on bootup or do i have to install windows first, then install gfx card for it to work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fuccck
    now i have a problem.

all of my pc parts got here, everything brand new. so I build it, and use the HDMI port on the radeon hd 5750 to my hdtv HDMI port.

when i boot up the computer for the first time, no signal??

do i have to install windows and and then install gfx card so that it will work?

the mobo I bought does not bring a graphics outlet at all this is the mobo i bought

so i entirely depend on the radeon gfx card for video out....

should the card be working on bootup or do i have to install windows first, then install gfx card for it to work?
    Your computer should be able to boot in basic VGA mode. However, that TV might not support a lower resolution from an HDMI signal.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    ok it works now thanks

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    this game is great

no let down at all so far.

i also noticed the single player is a huge focus this time around, fun to play. even has storyline choices that affect your gameplay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a shame I can only find one cutscene from SC2 and that's the ending of terran

Thread Information