Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cinematics on this game are choice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just played my first MP game since StarCraft I....

I got my ass kicked...

Could only win the third game against another n00b like me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm picking this up in the next couple of days. Maybe Saturday. Can't wait!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tempted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the NVidia GTX260 blew the 5770 out of the water for about the same price?

I was looking at 5770 comparisons at Tom's Hardware today, and noticed that.

Thoughts?
    not reliable source man, some sites get paid to write homerism articles...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not reliable source man, some sites get paid to write homerism articles...
    That's most of the hardware review sites these days...

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just found out the Latin American box version of Starcraft 2 can only be played for 6 months and then you have to pay a monthly subscription after that. Not only that, but I'm not sure if you can play it in english...

Blizzard can't REALLY be this ing stupid, can they???

Anyone know if I buy the Latin American online version, I'll be able to play the game in english?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL damn you're getting hosed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't you just buy an American version off ebay or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just found out the Latin American box version of Starcraft 2 can only be played for 6 months and then you have to pay a monthly subscription after that. Not only that, but I'm not sure if you can play it in english...

Blizzard can't REALLY be this ing stupid, can they???

Anyone know if I buy the Latin American online version, I'll be able to play the game in english?
    Got a link for this? Sounds too crazy but after merging with Activision they did make some ty moves like not originally designing chatrooms on bnet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't you just buy an American version off ebay or something?
    But then he can only play on american servers with people who have american version.

Got a link for this? Sounds too crazy but after merging with Activision they did make some ty moves like not originally designing chatrooms on bnet.
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/05/che...south-america/

I think Blizzard saw how long the players played starcraft 1 and thought: if all those players would be paying subscription all this time like in WoW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been having a blast with SC2. Also recently came across some interesting potential for use map settings maps but some of these vids are old, however can't wait to try out some of these triggers once I put some time into the map editor - third person view

Stuff from a year ago:

The map editor is almost like a game engine in itself. One of the best things about PC gaming is the unlimited potential if the user community's harnessed by providing tools and support such as a great map editor.

But then he can only play on american servers with people who have american version.

I think Blizzard saw how long the players played starcraft 1 and thought: if all those players would be paying subscription all this time like in WoW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

from that same link

Players in these countries will also be able to purchase an unlimited access version of the game directly from Blizzard for a price comparable to the US price of $59.99.
    That doesn't sound so bad. Now, all I've got to find out is weather purchasing the LA version will let me download it in english. I'll be ing damned if I'll play it in its crap spanish translated version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right... the limited version only costs $30.00

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been having a blast with SC2. Also recently came across some interesting potential for use map settings maps but some of these vids are old, however can't wait to try out some of these triggers once I put some time into the map editor - third person view
    World of Starcraft :greed

The map editor is almost like a game engine in itself. One of the best things about PC gaming is the unlimited potential if the user community's harnessed by providing tools and support such as a great map editor.
    Yeah, but: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=139745

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most of my mates have it, i cbf purchasing this bs since im not into these type of strategy games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I just confirmed that the LA version of the game is only in Spanish. In other words, either I play it laggy as all on North American servers or play it translated in spanish, which to be honest is worst than lag.

I just want to know who the was the genius that thought that would be a good idea...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metal Slug Starcraft 2!!!

No other RTS comes close to the complete package that SC2 is. NONE

Yea there's definitely some issues to work out. I especially hate Activision and what they did to the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 by taking away standard features such as dedicated servers and the console.

It shows a huge disconnect between the accountant and the gamer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No other RTS comes close to the complete package that SC2 is. NONE
    It was the same when SC came out. Their map editor made essentially everything RTS related in 98/99 obsolete, or at least out dated. I could UMS all night without even a single traditional SC match mixed in.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    It was the same when SC came out. Their map editor made essentially everything RTS related in 98/99 obsolete, or at least out dated. I could UMS all night without even a single traditional SC match mixed in.
    I played maybe less than 20 melee compe ive matches vs humans in my entire 12 years of playing Starcraft 1.

but I probably have over 10,000 games played in Use Map Settings.

Siege of Gondor
    Marine Special Forces
    Normandy SE2

holy this is the main reason I even built a computer for SC2

because of UMS.

my main problem is this - the "Popularity" thing is garbage. how the do you introduce a new map and get it popular??

i think the days of someone hosting a new map they just made and perfected are gone. Now your new map gets lost at the WAAAAAY bottom of the list and you have to keep pressing "Show More Games" ... who the is gonna do that? how will you even get full games?

kinda sucks.

oh and RealID is fail, and the new BNET lacks as many options of the old BNET.

cant even create your own game with custom le and rules.... no chat rooms...'

and how the are we supposed to play Multiplayer if we werent shown or taught the new ing Zerg and Protoss units and changes in SC2? trial and error ?

Starcraft is not meant to be dividing campaigns like this. It's a ty idea and its quite clear activision has their hands on this.

but w/e. I suspect Blizzard will be fixing stuff....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I picked up Starcraft II yesterday.

Then I was walking around Best Buy, and decided to take the plunge and buy a new laptop.

I absolutely love this thing. Starcraft II already installed. I was using it for about an hour last night, and didn't realize it was unplugged... had 5:00 hours of battery left on it! Can't wait to see how it runs on this Nvidia 335 GTS with 1 gig of memory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice Havoc.

MiamiHeat, I definitely played more melee matches (i had thousands, lost at least 2/3 of em lol) but UMSing added a lot of variety to the gameplay and could be just as consistently diverse and fun, if not more fun. It was also entertaining making your own campaigns and multiplayer maps - I loved making Lost Temple-esque maps, one entrance, a nice starting spot, and lots of resources and chokepoints.

WC3 expanded on those concepts even further and now you have some of the most popular RTS mods of all-time (and even full blown games). I'm upgrading my PC's gfx card soon and SC2 is the first game I'm buying afterwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat, you got your rig together yet? I threw my pic up, let's see some of yours.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    ...richer...

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Heat, you got your rig together yet? I threw my pic up, let's see some of yours.

just took pic 2 minutes ago, but phone cam is mega blurry apparently. SC2 box is bottom center of monitor
    Last edited by MiamiHeat; 02-01-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Thread Information