Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Very good episode. Don holds Peggy to a high standard. He had a very good point about her counting her ideas two years in, and how the company owns the ads. You gotta put in the work.

Dreaming of you-Selena ALWAYS bet on BLACK's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i just saw this .

what a of a show.

poorly written and executed even worse on the acting side.

another show that a few snobby, tight ass white s speak highly of and the rest of the pale cows that follow the likes of media gashes such as oprah and the s on the view, flock to this like it was an all in one stop shop specializing in discount shoes, ty opinions and magnum sized dildos.

this show, much like the rest of the mainstream media , caters to sexuals and promotes lesbianism.

this show is and if you like it, then you have a twisted perception of reality.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Peggy deserves better in my opinion. She can do better than Don. Besides, he treats her like crap and and doesn't give her props. Don was out of his element in last night's episode. He never really shows emotions like he did in that episode.
    Don drunk -> emotions
    Don sober -> robot

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    i just saw this .

what a of a show.

poorly written and executed even worse on the acting side.

another show that a few snobby, tight ass white s speak highly of and the rest of the pale cows that follow the likes of media gashes such as oprah and the s on the view, flock to this like it was an all in one stop shop specializing in discount shoes, ty opinions and magnum sized dildos.

this show, much like the rest of the mainstream media , caters to sexuals and promotes lesbianism.

this show is and if you like it, then you have a twisted perception of reality.
    That was almost funny.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    That was almost funny.
    Actually, it was as lame a troll job as I've seen in over a year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A friend on Twitter posted this, she is also a fan of the show. I thought some of them were pretty funny.

http://saddondraper.tumblr.com/

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I think the main reason why Don was upset over Anna's death is because of what he did in the past and he did not tell her that she had cancer. He felt guilty for that stuff. What's up with Mad Men being like Lost in the sense that you don't get to see every character in every episode? Betty has barely been seen this season. I know that Betty and Don are divorced but she's a major character on the show.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    I think the main reason why Don was upset over Anna's death is because of what he did in the past and he did not tell her that she had cancer. He felt guilty for that stuff. What's up with Mad Men being like Lost in the sense that you don't get to see every character in every episode? Betty has barely been seen this season. I know that Betty and Don are divorced but she's a major character on the show.
    Characters have been left behind every season on Mad Men. Betty has really become a shrewish , and if they could possibly show her even LESS, I'd thank them

Did you also notice that in it's last season, Mad Men is also doing call backs like Lost did? Freddie Rumson, Ken Cosgrove, a drunken lecherous Duck...who's next, I wonder?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Characters have been left behind every season on Mad Men. Betty has really become a shrewish , and if they could possibly show her even LESS, I'd thank them

Did you also notice that in it's last season, Mad Men is also doing call backs like Lost did? Freddie Rumson, Ken Cosgrove, a drunken lecherous Duck...who's next, I wonder?
    Ghey dude.

Dallas, TX (The pit of despair and all that is unholy)
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm fine with not seeing Betty. January Jones is an abysmal actress.

Oh, and the last episode was great. Nice to see Elisabeth Moss get the chance to square off with Hamm. But last seasons finale was the best hour of television I've ever seen.
    Last edited by B-Hath; 09-08-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    What's up with Mad Men being like Lost in the sense that you don't get to see every character in every episode? Betty has barely been seen this season. I know that Betty and Don are divorced but she's a major character on the show.
    Lost? How about every hour long ensemble drama in the history of television?

I don't know that characters who were regulars in season three (Cosgrove and Duck) can really be considered some sort of "call back" when they show up in season four.

I get that Lost was a cultural phenomenon, or whatever, but it's not like it reinvented TV.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    i don't know if it's just me, but this season seems to be getting better and better. joan is still a massive , betty is still hot (don't care who disagrees) and just when i think i'll lose interest, i'm proven wrong every time. i like what don said about people showing us who they are but just seeing them for what we want them to be. great episode.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Why is Joan a massive ? Because she didn't appreciate being blatantly disrespected by her coworkers? I didn't necessarily agree with the way she went after Peggy for firing Joey, but certainly thought she was justified in being upset with everything else.

And January Jones may be pretty, but Betty is most definitely not hot. No bigger turn off than a temper tantrum.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    she's been a since day 1 as a dime a dozen secretary and while others (and possibly you) may appreciate her bust and figure, the way she completely ed peggy out for taking action on her behalf was uncalled for and textbook joan. hence it being difficult to feel remotely bad for her when she was being disrespected. hardly a sympathetic figure. as for betty, i know i'm biased since i've been in love since season 1 but she still manages to get me. and i'd call it a melt down more so than a temper tantrum. she's obviously still not over don and couldn't handle it. not saying she handled it appropriately but not sure i'd classify it as a temper tantrum.
    Last edited by oh crap; 09-13-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have no love for the character Betty, and I think people who find January Jones hot mix up the character and the actress. The character is selfish, childish and extremely maddening. I did appreciate how she let Don come see his son on his bday after all, but since it's what she should have done in the first place, hard to give her credit for it. That's like giving a guy props for paying child support and not abandoning his kids ... he's SUPPOSED to do that.

As for Joan, she didn't need to be so y, but considering her hubby is about to go to basic training (and then likely off to Vietnam), I can cut her some slack. If she had been in a better mental state, she would have handled it differently.

But I think her relationship with Peggy has always been complex, and it's not as easy as just calling her a . I think part of her wants to help Peggy by giving her tough love (not unlike Don) and the other half is probably jealous of how Peggy got out of the secretary pool. Put those two dynamics together and you are going to have fireworks sometimes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Some really good episodes lately. Don trying to crawl(swim) out of the hole he put himself is good stuff, but I have to wonder if it will last. I was still shocked he didn't taker her home.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    enjoyed last nights episode. and while i know it was for all the wrong reasons, it was awesome seeing Lane take one to the face.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    That was very messed up what Lane's dad did to him. His dad is a senior citizen and beating his ass. That's not cool or appropriate. It probably didn't help that Lane is dating a black woman too.

Don's really in a mess. The guilt is starting to get to him and it's making him sick. I was surprised that he confided in Faye about his secret. He better hope that she won't spill the beans. Peggy wasn't in any of the episode either which kind of sucked. Joan is hot but I agree that she is a stuck up .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    a part of me wonders if joan actually went through with the abortion after the conversation in the waiting room. and is it just me or did her bust look bigger than ever?!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I owe Vinny Kartheiser 5.00.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    she's been a since day 1 as a dime a dozen secretary and while others (and possibly you) may appreciate her bust and figure, the way she completely ed peggy out for taking action on her behalf was uncalled for and textbook joan. hence it being difficult to feel remotely bad for her when she was being disrespected. hardly a sympathetic figure. as for betty, i know i'm biased since i've been in love since season 1 but she still manages to get me. and i'd call it a melt down more so than a temper tantrum. she's obviously still not over don and couldn't handle it. not saying she handled it appropriately but not sure i'd classify it as a temper tantrum.
    You realize that Joan is MUCH more than just a dime a dozen secretary, don't you? She's basically what would today be called an office manager. Without her knowledge of the workings of the office, the new firm never happens, because none of the principles knew where anything was, or what was important to steal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    she isnt missed. her childish tantrums had to go. they clearly are showing the once adorable daughter quickly becoming a mirror image of her mother. i was happy to see alison brie but then saw her in that awful maternity lingerie or some outfit.

it was also funny to see lane get pimp smacked by his father

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I have no love for the character Betty, and I think people who find January Jones hot mix up the character and the actress. The character is selfish, childish and extremely maddening. I did appreciate how she let Don come see his son on his bday after all, but since it's what she should have done in the first place, hard to give her credit for it. That's like giving a guy props for paying child support and not abandoning his kids ... he's SUPPOSED to do that.

As for Joan, she didn't need to be so y, but considering her hubby is about to go to basic training (and then likely off to Vietnam), I can cut her some slack. If she had been in a better mental state, she would have handled it differently.

But I think her relationship with Peggy has always been complex, and it's not as easy as just calling her a . I think part of her wants to help Peggy by giving her tough love (not unlike Don) and the other half is probably jealous of how Peggy got out of the secretary pool. Put those two dynamics together and you are going to have fireworks sometimes.
    peggy is everything joan wanted or thought she could be. it will be interesting how she handles lane leaving and basically leaving her to run the whole operation. she will be closer to peggy in having a legit job. joan just speaks to people like a cause she has trouble expressing her emotions. "she just takes it" in a sense. of course once she cant take it she snaps:

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Alison Brie is hot but she was not hot in that terrible maternity outfit. The writers need to move a long a little bit in the timeline so she can have her baby and not wear ugly clothes anymore. What are the chances Don comes clean about his secret to everyone and faces the consequences this season?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    peggy is everything joan wanted or thought she could be. it will be interesting how she handles lane leaving and basically leaving her to run the whole operation. she will be closer to peggy in having a legit job. joan just speaks to people like a cause she has trouble expressing her emotions. "she just takes it" in a sense. of course once she cant take it she snaps:

Was that taken from after he raped her?

Thread Information