Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Was that taken from after he raped her?
    Yes, but not immediately after. I think in the show's timeline it would have been at least a couple years after they got married, but I can't remember exactly which episode that was.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yes, but not immediately after. I think in the show's timeline it would have been at least a couple years after they got married, but I can't remember exactly which episode that was.
    IMO any outburst after an event like that would be understandable. With little emotional outlet and scarce help available, outbursts like that would not be unexpected. Joan gets all the time (from males and females) and pretty much has to bear it. The women in this show are quite fascinating, the insight into their plight at the time is ridiculously good. The treatment of children is also depressing. It was always understood as a male dominated society things were that way, but it certainly has opened my eyes quite a bit. We may not have come such a long way since then in the grand scheme of things, but something like this shows it has been quite a leap.

What is up, ladies? Cock-n-balls's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The s on that ginger are unreal

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    looks like the next episode betty will be on. i guess matthew weiner doesnt understand fans dont want to see her.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Only 2 episodes left of this season. It's gone by fast. It sucks that their company is falling apart after being in business for a short time. I really think that Don didn't want to screw his secretary. I think he only did it because she wanted it. He wants to be with Faye. She's weird. She acts like she's a powerful independent professional woman sometimes then she acts like a needy submissive woman at others.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She acts like she's a powerful independent professional woman sometimes then she acts like a needy submissive woman at others.
    I know this is a tv show but like I told you in your afraid-of-pussy thread. Appearances are deceiving. I've encountered many in my walk through life.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You're affraid of pussy? That sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're affraid of pussy? That sucks.
    You're the one in your mid-20's and still a virgin, you stick. I would think you're "affraid" of pussy. It also looks like you're afraid of a ing dictionary. wad.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Interesting Youtube mashup. The singer is Allison Williams, daughter of NBC anchorman Brian Williams. This was done in one continuous take, no overdubs or autotuning. You know, actually singing the song.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not caught up yet, so I haven't read the majority of this thread, but episode 7 of season 4, The Suitcase, was one of the best hours of any show I've ever seen.

Really great episode. Hamm's portrayal of Draper's downfall this season has been fantastic. Near perfect.
    Last edited by AnthonyM; 10-17-2010 at 05:36 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    great end to the season. sucks joan is gonna be pregnant, but the good news is her boobs will get even bigger! betty is just about a useless character including that neighbor kid or as i like to call him alfred molina mini me. dont think i buy the new don marriage, i think he still wants that blond, and it looks like peggy might have a thing for don or am i wrong?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mmmm Hendricks' rack

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, Peggy was upset because she brought in new business, first in over 2 months and his engagement was a bigger deal than them potentially not going out of business. She has always wanted recognition and even now she isn't getting any.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    props to draper for reading (and Weiner for including) the Spy Who Came in from the Cold. Le Carre = excellent.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    No, Peggy was upset because she brought in new business, first in over 2 months and his engagement was a bigger deal than them potentially not going out of business. She has always wanted recognition and even now she isn't getting any.
    Peggy and Don have a little thing, although neither of them really wants to accept it now: Peggy,because she sees how he treats women he's involved with, and Don, because Peg isn't a passive noodle.

Glad to see Betty's new hubby take a chunk out of her conceited ass, and call her on her inconsistency about continuity for the kids.

Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    great end to the season. sucks joan is gonna be pregnant, but the good news is her boobs will get even bigger! betty is just about a useless character including that neighbor kid or as i like to call him alfred molina mini me. dont think i buy the new don marriage, i think he still wants that blond, and it looks like peggy might have a thing for don or am i wrong?
    That creepy little kid Glen is played by Matt Weiner's son, so he probably isn't gone for good.

If Joan's boobs get too much bigger, she's just going to fall over.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was a good ending. That proposal by Don was sort of out of left field. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out next season.

I think that Don and Peggy have a connection between them that will always linger. They both know things about each other and trust each other. I think Peggy has always wanted recognition by Don, rather than just being another girl for him, and that has lead to attraction for him.

Don, on the other hand, likes that Peggy has sort of earned her worth at the company, but still doesn't respect her as much as he should, or at least until recently. I think he has some sort of attraction to her, but also views her as a daughter type, or even someone to him like Anna was to him.

It was pretty obvious to me that Joan didn't have the abortion. idk if it was just her getting fatter, since she's not that skinny to begin with, or they were purposely showing a baby bump, but either way, pretty obvious.

I hope ty things happen to Betty next season if they show her. I don't know what she expected at the end when Don comes to the house, but it's clear, and has been, that she's not over him. She is a terrible mother, doesn't know what she wants and deserves to be alone. The difference between her and Don is that she had everything she ever wanted growing up, it seems, and is just a spoiled brat that can never be satisfied and is still a horrible person.

Don is no saint, but at least he's inherently a good person. His mom was a pros ute, and he watched his Dad live dirt poor, and die from a kick to the face from a horse. Add to that that the people that took care of him after that hated him, and that's why Don has the commitment issues and problems that he has. Not to mention he's not even who he says he is.

Also, I don't know how January Jones hasn't won a best actress Emmy yet, because I'm not ever sure I've hated a character so much after initially liking her. Doubt she'll win one for season 4 though since she wasn't in about half of the season.

Hopefully, Hamm wins an Emmy for season 4. He arguably could have won one instead of Cranston winning it for the last three years.

Govt, stay away!
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    I think the trip to California and Megan showing how much she cared for the kids and cared for them well as opposed to Betty who could care less about having kids, and Faye acted frightened of the kids and could care less about them. Don loves his kids and I think thats what swayed him to marry Megan. Joan and Peggy almost merging forces it seems looks like it could be an interesting subplot to next year and the creeping twords the 70s. Maybe having Don file for full custody of the kids, Joan's husband getting killed in 'Nam while shes at home pregnant.

Lots of avenues to go down.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I was totally hoping for Bets to find out about the wedding and have an Emmy-winning meltdown.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    So was Don proposing to Megan jumping the shark? You have to admit it was a big surprise. Faye came off as a needy nut who had issues and she didn't know how to deal with Don's kids. Good season finale though.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    i was totally hoping for bets to find out about the wedding and have an emmy-winning meltdown.

+1.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It was a good ending. That proposal by Don was sort of out of left field. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out next season.

I think that Don and Peggy have a connection between them that will always linger. They both know things about each other and trust each other. I think Peggy has always wanted recognition by Don, rather than just being another girl for him, and that has lead to attraction for him.

Don, on the other hand, likes that Peggy has sort of earned her worth at the company, but still doesn't respect her as much as he should, or at least until recently. I think he has some sort of attraction to her, but also views her as a daughter type, or even someone to him like Anna was to him.

It was pretty obvious to me that Joan didn't have the abortion. idk if it was just her getting fatter, since she's not that skinny to begin with, or they were purposely showing a baby bump, but either way, pretty obvious.

I hope ty things happen to Betty next season if they show her. I don't know what she expected at the end when Don comes to the house, but it's clear, and has been, that she's not over him. She is a terrible mother, doesn't know what she wants and deserves to be alone. The difference between her and Don is that she had everything she ever wanted growing up, it seems, and is just a spoiled brat that can never be satisfied and is still a horrible person.

Don is no saint, but at least he's inherently a good person. His mom was a pros ute, and he watched his Dad live dirt poor, and die from a kick to the face from a horse. Add to that that the people that took care of him after that hated him, and that's why Don has the commitment issues and problems that he has. Not to mention he's not even who he says he is.

Also, I don't know how January Jones hasn't won a best actress Emmy yet, because I'm not ever sure I've hated a character so much after initially liking her. Doubt she'll win one for season 4 though since she wasn't in about half of the season.

Hopefully, Hamm wins an Emmy for season 4. He arguably could have won one instead of Cranston winning it for the last three years.
    yeah this makes more sense. certainly a romance between them would ruin the show, think of hanical lector and clarice hooking up. peggy just wants recognition and don kind of says who cares if you just saved the company meh. certainly people hate betty for reasons already stated, but a lot of people hate her casue of january jones. make no mistake i would bang her in a second but its debatable if its amazing acting of hers or its her horrific acting that makes her hatable.

her character and hatred has been a topic of discusiion lately. if you dont beleive me see the following links. in fact a historian argues mad men is probably the most "femenist" tv show out there( most of their writers are women) ( i cant link that article the washington post wants people registered or some ):

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment..._resident.html
    http://jezebel.com/5667853/betty-dra...eeds-your-love

hamm has the emmy locked up. why you ask? breaking bad wont debut until july meaning he isnt eligible for the 4peat. of course some dexter fans have some arguments about michael c hall.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Mad Men S1-S3 Blu-ray are going to be $9.99 each starting tonight at Midnight(Pacific Time) Till the 27th

Edit: forgot to mention where..

Amazon.com
    Last edited by IronMaxipad; 11-25-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    looks like this wont be back until early 2012. how in the world can the most critically praised show not get a contract. i understand how the wire would struggle to get every season renewed cause of ratings, but this show has them and it makes money. its a good thing i love breaking bad. makes the wait easier

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...ill-amc-air-it

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    looks like this wont be back until early 2012. how in the world can the most critically praised show not get a contract. i understand how the wire would struggle to get every season renewed cause of ratings, but this show has them and it makes money. its a good thing i love breaking bad. makes the wait easier

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...ill-amc-air-it
    This sucks...Well, now I mean, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad will have to cover for Mad Men I guess.

Thread Information