Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So other than being a hot piece of ass, what other function does the character of Christina Hendricks is there for?

I've watched season 1,2 and 3 episodes into season 3 and she still just randomly shows up giving some lame and condecending word of advice to Peggy.

I mean even Peggy has moved up to sales or whatever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    So other than being a hot piece of ass, what other function does the character of Christina Hendricks is there for?

I've watched season 1,2 and 3 episodes into season 3 and she still just randomly shows up giving some lame and condecending word of advice to Peggy.

I mean even Peggy has moved up to sales or whatever.
    Watch Season 5, buddy.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watch Season 5, buddy.
    Working on that.

Netflix just added a ton of TV shows so I'm like a kid in a candy store. Cant decide what to watch next. lol

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Christina Hendricks is there to effectively portray an interesting and fully realized character. Not sure the confusion.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I want to see some mini skirts and gogo boots on these fine ladies on Mad Men.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Starting now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I rewatched season 5 this past week before the premier tonight. Man that really was a great season.

As for the premier, it was a little slow but all the seasons seem start that way and really pick up mid-season and at the end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I love how dark season 5 is. I'll try to watch the new episode sometime this week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I love how dark season 5 is. I'll try to watch the new episode sometime this week.
    I think it's going to be a dark(er) season for, Don this year. As for the ep, as DesignatedT said, it was slow but I still thought it was entertaining, I've missed these characters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    I don't know, I found that episode painfully slow. The pacing was putting me to sleep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think it's going to be a dark(er) season for, Don this year. As for the ep, as DesignatedT said, it was slow but I still thought it was entertaining, I've missed these characters.
    A friend of mine and I both think Don will kill himself to end the show. Of all of the characters, he seems to have changed the least. He has become aware of who and what he is now, which is worse. Peggy hit the nail on the head when she was giving her notice during the Jaguar celebration. She told Don that he didn't know when things are good. I think it's worse than that. I think that good times aren't enough to fill the huge hole inside him. They don't even come close to getting drunk and chasing skirts.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    A friend of mine and I both think Don will kill himself to end the show. Of all of the characters, he seems to have changed the least. He has become aware of who and what he is now, which is worse. Peggy hit the nail on the head when she was giving her notice during the Jaguar celebration. She told Don that he didn't know when things are good. I think it's worse than that. I think that good times aren't enough to fill the huge hole inside him. They don't even come close to getting drunk and chasing skirts.
    It's certainly a scenario I've seen thrown around. The entrance to the show portrays a man falling off the top of a building so maybe that hints at something as well.

Looks like Don is back to being Don after watching the premiere. I can't wait to see what happens this season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    This is still the best show on television IMO. It is slow at times but the characters are just fantastic and Matthew Weiner's writing is so great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's certainly a scenario I've seen thrown around. The entrance to the show portrays a man falling off the top of a building so maybe that hints at something as well.

Looks like Don is back to being Don after watching the premiere. I can't wait to see what happens this season.
    Everything. It's 1968. The backdrop of the year itself, combined with the writing and characters on the show have me expecting no less than a tour de force.

I think the switch of lighters between Don and that soldier is going to play a part in the story, too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Also, I believe last season ended in April of 67 and this one seems to be picking up in December of the same year. I think that has to be the shortest between season gaps in the series. You're right though, 68 is going to be a great year for the show ( RFK, MLK, Tet Offensive, etc.)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Interesting theory, wouldn't you say he's always struggled with identifying his true self though? Sometimes worse than now actually. I do think you and your friend are on to something though, in regards to a dramatic conclusion with Don, be it this season or next. Any idea on how long they have said the show will stay on, or if the producers (Hamm himself being one) have stated interest in closing shop?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The show will go 7 seasons. Six just started.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Lots o commercials, good thing GoT was on during first hour.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lots o commercials, good thing GoT was on during first hour.
    DVR, sir.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That was understood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pete is such a ty bad copy of Don. He can't even get away with screwing his neighbor. Don can.

I love Pete's wife, by the way. Told him how the it was going to BE.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Pete is such a ty bad copy of Don. He can't even get away with screwing his neighbor. Don can.

I love Pete's wife, by the way. Told him how the it was going to BE.
    then Pete tried to be hard and it came out more like a little . He ed up his free pass and is most likely headed towards divorce now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    then Pete tried to be hard and it came out more like a little . He ed up his free pass and is most likely headed towards divorce now.
    She said he is not getting out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    She said he is not getting out.
    Yeah I know what she said, but him living in his downtown apartment and her in the country, will eventually lead to divorce in my opinion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Linda Cardellini from Freaks and Geeks is looking pretty damn good.

Thread Information