Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watching this show for the first time before Netflix takes it off. Starting Season 7 now. I love this show.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Watching this show for the first time before Netflix takes it off. Starting Season 7 now. I love this show.
    It's a great show. I bought it on VUDU on sale for whenever I get rid of my Netflix to have a quality show to rewatch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    great show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At what point did anyone realize they liked this show or not? I've watched episode 1 twice now over the last several years and I think I maybe made it through episode 2 the 2nd time.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At what point did anyone realize they liked this show or not? I've watched episode 1 twice now over the last several years and I think I maybe made it through episode 2 the 2nd time.

I watched the show but I dont understand the hype about it. Sure it's good but it's not in the upper echelon of great TV shows like The Wire, Breaking bad, Sopranos etc.

It's a show that in my opinion is in the Shield, Lost, justified, and The X File tier.

A show you watch once over in your lifetime.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    All my Friends and family members have watched this show, but I can't get around to giving it a chance. From the outside looking in it just looks so damn boring. There's nothing that pulls me in (not even all the beatiful looking ladies). I'm probably just being a dumbass and if I do try to watch it I will like it, but I just can't. And, at this point, I'm probably never going to watch it since they are about to be taking it out of Netflix and I'm currently watching Better Call Saul.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

I watched the show but I dont understand the hype about it. Sure it's good but it's not in the upper echelon of great TV shows like The Wire, Breaking bad, Sopranos etc.

It's a show that in my opinion is in the Shield, Lost, justified, and The X File tier.

A show you watch once over in your lifetime.
    its not going to have the adrenaline of shows like Breaking Bad, it's definitely more of a slow burn. even sopranos was like that for the most part.

my S-Tier is Breaking Bad and GoT (yes, even with a ty end to the run)

A-Tier is Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, Better Call Saul (have not watched most recent season)

not including comedies

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    its not going to have the adrenaline of shows like Breaking Bad, it's definitely more of a slow burn. even sopranos was like that for the most part.

A-Tier is Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, Better Call Saul (have not watched most recent season)

not including comedies
    Cant say I disagree with that list. Pretty good.

Better Caul Saul season 5 probably gets it into your tier s. ing amazing.

Dexter also makes it into my A tier. At least partially. 1-5.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

I think Dexter 1-4 is definitely A-tier

5-8 is like, C- at best

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It took me years to actually watch Mad Men too because it didn’t look like my kind of show. But I stuck with it when I finally watched it and don’t regret it at all. One of the greatest shows ever imo. The characters and writing really make the show excel. You just have to go in not expecting Breaking Bad or that kind of tone.

Probably took me a couple of episodes to really be hooked, but when I rewatched the first few episodes of season 1 again, knowing what to expect, it made the show much more interesting. Definitely has more things that you miss the first time when you rewatch episodes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Better Call Saul is definitely on my watch list. Haven’t heard a single person that said that show isn’t good.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Same here. Feel the same way about Game of Thrones too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

not including comedies
    Damn I think mine would go:

S-Tier: The Wire
    A-Tier: The Sopranos, Breaking Bad
    B-Tier: Better Call Saul, Homeland

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Word. I started and stopped that 3 times. And I did end up watching the whole thing and while it was good to great at times, it was never consistently good enough to put it in my top 10. It doesn’t compare to shows that might have one “slow” episode a season like BB, The Wire, Sopranos, etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Game of Thrones was made much worse by its ty final season and ending. I have no intention of rewatching that entire series even though the first 4 seasons are ing great because how much that final season pissed me off. I’m confident in saying Mad Men’s ending won’t disappoint me when i get through it all.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Game of Thrones was made much worse by its ty final season and ending. I have no intention of rewatching that entire series even though the first 4 seasons are ing great because how much that final season pissed me off. I’m confident in saying Mad Men’s ending won’t disappoint me when i get through it all.
    Mad Men definitely landed their ship intact.

So many shows start top tier and end up looking like goo.

Part of the reason why I dont watch TV shows on a weekly basis anymore. I let it pile up, look up reviews and whatnot and then decide to watch.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Example, Westworld season 3.

The reviews and consensus is that it's not worth it and trash.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I thought Mad Men was really good but I have no desire to watch it again. Have rewatched several episodes of Breaking Bad but don't see myself going through the whole thing again. Will probably do the same with BCS when it's done.

I've followed much tier shows than The Wire which I'm sure is excellent, but whenever I start it I get reminded of Homicide: Life on the Street by many of the same people. I just end up watching the first three seasons of that which is still some of the GOAT network television ever. Need to power through a few episodes and get into the storyline.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn I think mine would go:

A-Tier: The Sopranos, Breaking Bad
    B-Tier: Better Call Saul, Homeland
    Mine is pretty close to yours.

A-Tier: The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad
    B-Tier: The Shield, Deadwood

I have the feeling I'll like BCS enough to add it up there when I decide to watch it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I think BCS has been extraordinary given the constraints of a prequel. I'm glad they're stopping it soon. It might end up being one season too many but it's been great so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I thought Mad Men was really good but I have no desire to watch it again. Have rewatched several episodes of Breaking Bad but don't see myself going through the whole thing again. Will probably do the same with BCS when it's done.

I've followed much tier shows than The Wire which I'm sure is excellent, but whenever I start it I get reminded of Homicide: Life on the Street by many of the same people. I just end up watching the first three seasons of that which is still some of the GOAT network television ever. Need to power through a few episodes and get into the storyline.
    I think I was sold on The Wire pretty early, especially by these two scenes:

Thread Information