Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    MONTREAL - Pamela Anderson wants a Montreal restaurant that hosted her launch of a pro-vegetarian ad campaign to take foie gras off its menu. But the trendy downtown eatery isn't biting.
    The former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant sent a polite letter to Restaurant Globe owner Joao Pereira this week offering to help him promote the change in menu.
    Pereira didn't want to comment on the letter when contacted. But he made it clear his establishment would continue serving the tasty, controversial fatty goose liver.
    "We're not going to take foie gras off," he said in an interview, declining to elaborate on Anderson's effort.
    Anderson, who is an outspoken animal-rights activist, thanked the Globe for hosting the launch of a pro-vegetarian ad campaign that features her in skimpy clothing.
    While at the restaurant, however, she noticed the tasty but controversial item on the menu.
    "Surely the irony was not lost on you that I was unveiling a pro-vegetarian ad at your restaurant," she wrote in the letter, provided to The Canadian Press.
    Anderson actually offhandedly mentioned during her news conference that she wished it had been held at the vegetarian restaurant owned by former Montreal Canadiens player Georges Laraque, also an animal-rights activist.
    Anderson, who gained fame as lifeguard C.J. Parker on TV's "Baywatch," asks Pereira in the letter if he'll do her a favour and ditch the foie gras.
    "You may not be aware that this 'delicacy' is made by shoving pipes down the throats of geese and ducks and then pumping grain and fat into the birds' stomachs until their livers become diseased and swollen," she adds.
    Anderson then directs the restaurant owner to a graphic and unsettling online video narrated by " anic" star Kate Winslet on foie gras production.
    Anderson then points out that a Canadian chef who owns New York's trendy Dirt Candy restaurant recently won PETA's Fine Faux Foie Gras contest with her Mushroom Mousse, a gourmet vegan version of fatty liver.
    "If Restaurant Globe stops serving foie gras and replaces the dish with a vegan alternative, I would be thrilled to help promote the change in menu," she concluded.
    Originally, the Just For Laughs comedy festival booked the Globe, which is a hotspot for visiting celebrities, to promote Anderson's festival show.
    Instead, Anderson used it to launch a new animals-rights campaign sponsored by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, a group she often supports.
    PETA had been denied a city permit to make the announcement at a public square in front of City Hall in Old Montreal.
    City officials deemed the ad sexist, although they told reporters they wouldn't have done anything if the news conference had gone ahead in the original location.
    In the advertisement, Anderson's bikini-clad body is covered in paint and mimics a butcher's diagram — with parts of her flesh marked up with words like "breast," "round," and "rump."
    The caption reads: "All animals have the same parts. Have a heart — Go vegetarian."
    In an email to PETA nixing the plans, a city official wrote that the advertisement was not something Montreal could accept.
    "We, as public officials representing a municipal government, cannot endorse this image of Ms. Anderson," wrote Josee Rochefort, an official in charge of issuing permits with the city's television and film office.
    "It is not so much controversial as it goes against all principles public organizations are fighting for in the everlasting battle of equality between men and women."
    Anderson called the city's reaction "silly.

[IMG]file:///C:/DO E%7E1/RZELLA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/1...mtl_restaurant

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I'll take a breast with a side of ass.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a stupid .

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol swollen, diseased liver

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol swollen, diseased liver
    Dayum, you are sooo bad!!

She looks like Phyllis Diller now.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I used to think that she was doing all this PETA stuff for publicity because her career was dead, but I think she really does believe in her cause. good for her. meanwhile, I'm off to Chris Madrid's for a cheeseburger.

Death. Taxes. #21.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She's due for a Botox oil change pretty soon....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i saw her "roasted" over the weekend and realized that you can see directly through her top with perfect clarity. jus thought i'd say that.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watching the ad does not make me want to become a vegetarian.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    They laughed at Noah, Moses, Plato, Socrates and Leonardo DiCaprio...Leadership & Brilliance is often heckled…

Death. Taxes. #21.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They laughed at Noah, Moses, Plato, Socrates and Leonardo DiCaprio...Leadership & Brilliance is often heckled…
    ...and tig ol' bitties are praised...?

Thread Information