Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    suppose to be Big Nog and Little Nog as the co main event but now this.

This was the official poster

Mirko “Cro Cop” To Step In For Injured “Big Nog” Nogueira At UFC 119

An earlier report by Fighters Only Magazine, has UFC 119 co-headliner Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1) dropping out of the September 25 bout. Now the site is reporting that former PRIDE champ Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipović (27-7-2) has been tagged as his replacement to face former UFC heavyweight champ Frank Mir (13-5).

Nogueira was forced to withdraw from the UFC 119 event due to an injury but no word was given as to the exact nature, but that it will requires surgery.

The bout was to have been a rematch between the heavyweights after their first meeting at UFC 92 in December of 2008. Mir earned a TKO victory over “Big Nog”, the first KO loss of Nogueira’s career at the time, to win the interim heavyweight le. Afterward it was learned that Nogueira had suffered a nasty staph infection just 20 days before the fight and had spent 5 days in hospital.

“Cro Cop” makes his return to the octagon after defeating Pat Barry in May at UFC 115 in Vancouver, Canada. That win improved the Croatians recent record in the UFC to 3-1 (4-3 overall in the promotion) and two straight since his loss to Junior dos Santos via submission (eye injury) at UFC 103 in Texas.

Mir is coming off a loss in his second run at a UFC interim le having been KO’d by Shane Carwin at UFC 111. He is 1-2 in his past three but 4-2 in his past six bouts, having defeated Cheick Kongo at UFC 107 and losing to UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar last summer at UFC 100.

UFC 119 will go down at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana on Sept. 25 with the co-main event featuring Nogueira’s brother “Little Nog” Antônio Rogério Nogueira who takes on Ryan Bader. Two of the preliminary bouts of the event will be broadcast live on e TV which include matches between C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen, and Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran.

http://www.themmanews.com/?p=18558
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 09-14-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Just clarifying the details of the thread

Post Count
    It's a better fight than what was originally planned for sure..

We need an official fight poster in the future Ace..

They gotta make a new poster anyway..

Edit:

UFC gotta change that..

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...-mmaweek081610

Big Nog out because of hip surgery

Post Count
    there we go Ace the poster i love it...

Nog might wanna call it a career..

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Holy , I can't wait for this fight. These are my two favorite fighters, so I'll be happy with whoever wins. YES!

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hope Cro-cop kicks his head clean off.

(Mir irritates me)

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    I like both these guys, but the second Mir starts running his mouth to hype it up I'll choose a side - and it ain't going to be Mir.

Also, seems like a decent card now. :p

Poor Big Nog, I think it's over when the hips start breaking.

Post Count

Main card

Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Mirko Filipović
    Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Ryan Bader
    Welterweight bout: Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle
    Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Evan Dunham
    Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen
    Heavyweight bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran

Preliminary card

Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Pat Audinwood
    Lightweight bout: Steve Lopez vs. Waylon Lowe
    Welterweight bout: TJ Grant vs. Julio Paulino
    Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Sean McCorkle

bump

Post Count
    Oops sorry about that Ace

I'll merge them..

I'm much more excited about seeing Mir fight Cro Cop then Nog again.

Post Count
    I'm much more excited about seeing Mir fight Cro Cop then Nog again.
    agreed

100%

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    So is it PPV or not?

Post Count
    So is it PPV or not?
    Says e in the le..

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Look at the poster.

Post Count
    Look at the poster.
    You're right i just double checked on UFC.com, they must have changed it. This was supposed to be a free card a few months ago.. Not a great card for PPV if you ask me..

I'll change the le..

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Fine, es, I'll go first!

Main card
    - I'm down for the Cro-Cop til it's over and will cheer for him, but I don't see him winning this fight. Mir is bigger and faster, I think, and it'll prolly end up like the JDS fight.
    - I feel the Nogs will continue having bad luck and Bader outwrestles Lil Nog to a decision.
    - He's smaller, but don't forget he's got amazing power behind his punches and will work his ground game at will against a big brawler like Lytle.
    - Could go either way, I think Sherk will have rust and Dunham is really dangerous and will probably become the Chris Lytle/Chris Leben of LW.
    - Personally, I think it was a bad move for Melvin to call out Stephens after a freak KO win. Stephens will beat him up.

It's not a bad card, and I could see 3 matches being cadidates for fight of the night. Serra and Sherk return too, people used to pay good money to watch those guys. It's too good to be on free TV and just good enough to be on PPV, you just have to trust that Serra and Sherk stay in company form and try to put on a show against some hungry opponents. Mir and Cro-Cop will handle their end of the deal.

2 good fights and that's it, that . So when was Dana White gonna make it back up to the fans for Silva/Maia?

Post Count
    2 good fights and that's it, that . So when was Dana White gonna make it back up to the fans for Silva/Maia?
    Yeah i am positive this was gonna be free but now it is not.. When you think about it this is not a PPV card and the UFC are nuts to sell it as one. Mir is only a head-liner when he is fighting someone like Brock. On top of which he has been brutally finished in 2 of his last 3 fights. Cro-Cop is a legend but not a huge PPV draw and is no longer in his prime.. Rest of the card is cool for free TV but not 50 bucks in a PPV..

Post Count

Lil Nog is going to contend for the LHW le in the next year..

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count

You're only picking Cro-Cop to spite me, I can feel it. May it burn you like Satan's herpes.

Anyhow, my picks:

Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Mirko Filipović -- this is a no-brainer. Mir is going to put the nail in the coffin of ol' Mirko. I would totally have intercourse with Cro Cop, but he's just not going to win.
    Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Ryan Bader -- Bader is a tool, but I'm totally over the Nogueira's.
    Welterweight bout: Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle -- Serra is too old and too slow. To top it off, he's an ass hole.
    Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Evan Dunham -- yes, welcome back Sean!
    Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens -- Got to go with Melvin just because he's a Utah boy. I like Stephens, but Guillard is SO fast.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Let the rumors and denials and freakouts begin again. Found this on bloodyelbow:

Local internet site index.hr published a short piece in which a source close to Filipovic's camp claims that:

"MIRKO Filipovic has suffered a serious eye injury during today's practice. The nature of the injury is such that his upcoming fight against Frank Mir scheduled for 25. September is in question."

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Which HW is available right now for Mir?

if this is true; first Belcher, now Cro Cop; fighters need to start wearing protective pads over their face or something

Thread Information