Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Pls explain how Young helped increase Johnson's rushing yardage.
    They were so scared of VY's passing ability () they let CJ rush for 200 yards

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Longhorn nuthugger has such an odd definition of "win".

Post Count
    Looks like you have a sore vagina from being owned by my posts in this thread.

I don't typically feed trolls so I'm just going to ignore you now.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm owned because you said a QB who's never won a playoff game is a "winner".

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Can you sit there and tell him how good each of the defenses was in 2009 season? You honestly believe the first 6 weeks they played great defenses then the next 10 they played crappy defenses. Come on man.

Look, keep hating if you want. I never said Young is an elite QB or going to the SB next year. He's an overpaid game manager that does turn over the ball more then he should. But he still manages to find a way to help his team win games. He won before CJ and won with CJ.
    So you think all 16 games had equal opponent defenses, offenses, stadiums, weather conditions, etc.?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm owned because you said a QB who's never won a playoff game is a "winner".
    No. you're owned because he's going to ignore you.

Post Count
    So you think all 16 games had equal opponent defenses, offenses, stadiums, weather conditions, etc.?
    Equal, nope. It is possible the last 10 games were softer then the first 6. I can't remember back over a year ago. I won't sit here and say that VY is the sole reason they went 8-2 down the stretch. But he certainly helped. CJ is the man in Tenn, no doubt. VY playing at a good game manager level with CJ doing his thing is an excellent combo, imo. VY has never had that #1 WR either. Kenny Britt could be it but VY won't be there to find out.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If the NFL has it's way, this question will be answered in the affirmative.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm ing bored, so let's compare the first six games/opponents and the last ten. Let's also include Chris Johnson's rushing statistics for the games.

Kerry Collins as Quarterback

Game 1 (Pittsburgh):

Probably best that Kerry started this game as Vince continually gets raped by the 3-4.

Defense ranking for season - 5th in total defense (yards a game)

Wasn't their best year defensively but it's Pittsburgh.

Offensive ranking for season - 7th in total yards

Stadium - Heinz Field (badass home field advantage for Steelers, plus it's a year after some fatass stomped on the Terrible Towel further angering the natives)

Weather Conditions - 67 degrees, relative humidity 64%, wind 9 mph

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    VY has never had that #1 WR either. Kenny Britt could be it but VY won't be there to find out.
    WR is the most overrated position in football. A good QB can turn an average WR into a pro bowler, but pretty much never the other way around.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Defense ranking for season - 5th in total defense (yards a game)
    3rd in total rushing yards allowed

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    WR is the most overrated position in football. A good QB can turn an average WR into a pro bowler, but pretty much never the other way around.
    True tbh. Look what a good ol' pass first honky like yours truly, The Real Son of Purdue, did for Brandon Lloyd last year.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    True tbh. Look what a good ol' pass first honky like yours truly, The Real Son of Purdue, did for Brandon Lloyd last year.
    too true.

where was Henne when Marshall was getting stabbed? Orton would have taken the chick down.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    3rd in total rushing yards allowed
    I ed up. For one, I didn't mean to post that. I had the entire season mapped out and accidently hit the back button erasing everything I had spent two hours typing. I should've used Mircrosoft Word.

But, If you want to argue that Kerry faced some tough defenses, you can easily make that argument. Pittsburgh wasn't the same due to losing Polamalu but they are still decent. Indy was top ten. Jets were numbero one. Pats were top five. The problem for Tennesse wasn't Kerry although he could've played better. It was that they were giving up a lot of points. By the time the Jacksonville game was over, the team was in a downward spiral. Putting Vince in would have been a nice boost for morale, but Fisher didn't want to make it seem like it was Kerry's fault when it wasn't. Then Indy and New England happened and Kerry played some of the worst football of his life.

Did Vince exceed Kerry? Well, for the first 5 games he played one top ten defense. Kerry played 3. The defense got some players back after their bye. That probably had a lot to do with their success (understatement). But Vince didn't make mistakes. And he had some good statistical games. Most importanly, CJ started to romp. Now was CJ's rushing explosion contingent on Vince being in the backfield or an effect of playing horrible defenses? Both probably. Vince opened up the lanes by being another rushing threat and he wasn't turning the ball over. They also weren't playing New England and NY (two teams that CJ still ran well against).

Vince played exactly 2 of the top ten defenses in the 10 games he played and played one who was 11th (San Diego). Vince and Kerry both played 3 playoff teams. Still, the fact that Tennesse had a chance to make the playoffs after losing their first 6 is stunning.

chode bloooaaaded i said The 4cc Dictionary's Avatar
    Post Count
    Spending 2 hours typing up a response only to accidentally erase it all therefore having smegma dumped all over your football-related opinion?

Yew jess kent deww teengks lyke dat!

....if you're trying to get in the crew i said

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You got any heroin?

Two hours? Sounds like we missed out on one of an awesome post.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    It's funny Kermit pretends to make fun of the mookie crew because of how much he gets for being their bottom .

Incidentally what does it say about someone when it takes 2 hours to explain why they are better than a 37 year old Kerry Collins?

You got any heroin?
    I got some tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude..really? What is so odd about one team having a higher score than the other. Vince has a very good win percentage as a starter over 50 games in his career. You can't find a way in all 50 of those games that someone else was the reason they won that game...Vince is not elite..he is not awesome...but he is a decent game manager. If you say he's not, you're a complete idiot, and a hater...but we already know that. No one's saying he's amazing, and anyone who has is either trying to bait a troll or is an idiot themselves...

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    He has 0 playoff wins. That's not a winner. Nuh uh.

lol suicidal n!gger

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He has 0 playoff wins. That's not a winner. Nuh uh.

lol suicidal n!gger
    He's only played one..how many playoff games did it take for Peyton to get a win? uh huh. Not comparing Vince to Peyton..he's not even close..but like I said..he's a game manager that has an uncanny ability to win. He's not done.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    if he was a "winner" he'd have more than 1 playoff appearance, thanks for proving my point even more

I think you missed a spot when you were polishing the best regular season game manager of all time's balls

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if he was a "winner" he'd have more than 1 playoff appearance, thanks for proving my point even more

I think you missed a spot when you were polishing the best regular season game manager of all time's balls
    Yes..because getting to the playoffs in the AFC South is so easy that one decent game manager can do it...he can do it by himself without anyone else on the team. No ing wonder you can't win anywhere...you're an idiot..I'd like to see what you got on your Wunderlic test. Like I said...he's not great..he's not even really good...he's decent. If that's "polishing balls," in your eyes, you're a bigger idiot than I thought.

Thread Information