Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    It's funny that Kerry Collins was a receiver dropping a pass in the endzone away from going to overtime against a team that was kicking Vince "Kurt Cobain" Young's ass.

Post Count
    Vince "Kurt Cobain" Young's ass.
    just a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings. You had to be there

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Why do we have to bring up Kurt? Makes me sad, brosey. I'm gonna go listen to Amnesiac now.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Why do we have to bring up Kurt? Makes me sad, brosey. I'm gonna go listen to Amnesiac now.
    At least he left us with Siamese Dream before he left us bro.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Oh, . I really meant to write Nevermind, but listening to Amnesiac while I wrote det post completely threw me off. And Woo Hoo was Kurt's best solo album.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    And it's about damn time I can post on 4chan again.

IM, what's a good place to d/l singles?..()

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    >singles

Yeah, don't. But if you must

>google
    >artist
    >track
    >mediafire

hey, whats up man! have you gone to our new Mavs forum yet, ever since the FWST one got ed up? go here.

http://mavscentral.com/smf/index.php

most of the people from the old board are there, plus some new people.

good to hear from you man.

IM, what's a good place to d/l singles?..()
    Hand down, Man down!!

Damnit Dok..you must not pay attention to VY whatsoever..if you check is W-L, he's pretty damn consistent..

oh..and lol throwing a screen on 3rd and 20 as the clock runs out when you need a TD.
    Mama there goes that man again, with his ed NFL opinions!

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Jeff Fisher is such a dumbass. No question, Vince was having a terrible game. Then again, so was the rest of the team. CJ was playing just as poorly, if not worse, including having turnovers. The dumb thing is the fact that he was benched while the game was still in reach, and immediately Collins comes in, loses a fumble, and throws a pick. I can understand benching if the game is nearly out of reach, but it wasnt by any means. , Eli Manning played like total ass last night as well, but you don't see him getting benched for a scrub, and that game wasn't in reach by any means. Fisher has constantly found ways to put blame on VY, despite the fact that VY has already saved his job twice. I can at least somewhat understand the decision if he had a guy similar to Doug Flutie, some kind of energy guy backing him up, but no, he has a ty, old-ass immobile statue QB that has done nothing but blow astronomical amounts of ass during his time with the ans.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Jeff Fisher is such a dumbass. No question, Vince was having a terrible game. Then again, so was the rest of the team. CJ was playing just as poorly, if not worse, including having turnovers. The dumb thing is the fact that he was benched while the game was still in reach, and immediately Collins comes in, loses a fumble, and throws a pick. I can understand benching if the game is nearly out of reach, but it wasnt by any means. , Eli Manning played like total ass last night as well, but you don't see him getting benched for a scrub, and that game wasn't in reach by any means. Fisher has constantly found ways to put blame on VY, despite the fact that VY has already saved his job twice. I can at least somewhat understand the decision if he had a guy similar to Doug Flutie, some kind of energy guy backing him up, but no, he has a ty, old-ass immobile statue QB that has done nothing but blow astronomical amounts of ass during his time with the ans.
    He did lead them to a 13-3 season a couple of years ago.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    , Eli Manning played like total ass last night as well, but you don't see him getting benched for a scrub, and that game wasn't in reach by any means.
    Eli has a SB MVP trophy and a huge contract. He won't ever get benched for poor performance.

He should have gotten benched to avoid injury though.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    He did lead them to a 13-3 season a couple of years ago.
    and was very mediocre while doing so, and singlehanded lost their playoff game to the Ravens due to his inep ude

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    and was very mediocre while doing so, and singlehanded lost their playoff game to the Ravens due to his inep ude
    He threw more yards that season than VY has ever thrown in a season. Plus he won more games than VY has ever won in a season.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Is this the same backup yesterday that took the game to overtime if not for a dropped pass in the endzone?

Vince Young had as many turnovers as Kerry Collins and Chris Johnson combined, so idk what your point is by talking about how detrimental CJ's and Collins' turnovers were. Vince Young getting picked on 1st down in Pittsburgh's redzone when Tennessee was only down by 7 is what led to the game heading South for them. They both fumbled the ball in their own territory which led to a Pittsburgh field goal, so you can't really blame Collins for doing exactly what Young did.

Young had a passer rating of 48, Collins had a passer rating of 80. Collins led an 85 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter then converted to make it a 1 possession game, the only points Tennessee scored with Young was a field goal when they started off in Pittsburgh territory. Neither one played well, but Collins undeniably played better and was a dropped TD from being able to force OT with a 2 point conversion.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Vince Young had as many turnovers as Kerry Collins and Chris Johnson combined, so idk what your point is by talking about how detrimental CJ's and Collins' turnovers were. Vince Young getting picked on 1st down in Pittsburgh's redzone when Tennessee was only down by 7 is what led to the game heading South for them. They both fumbled the ball in their own territory which led to a Pittsburgh field goal, so you can't really blame Collins for doing exactly what Young did.

Young had a passer rating of 48, Collins had a passer rating of 80. Collins led an 85 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter then converted to make it a 1 possession game, the only points Tennessee scored with Young was a field goal when they started off in Pittsburgh territory. Neither one played well, but Collins undeniably played better and was a dropped TD from being able to force OT with a 2 point conversion.
    Cool.

Still is ridiculous to bench him while the game was in reach. My point is, it was simply a bad day all around for the ans. No one really played well, and they probably would have blown the ans out if it weren't for the fact that the Steelers offense is completely pathetic. But to single VY out, and not anyone else, was going a bit overboard.

Btw Fisher even said after the game Young is still the starting QB so I don't understand what the big deal is. The in Pittsburgh's defense is its secondary, VY is a better playmaker than Collins for obvious reasons but as far as taking what the defense gives as a pocket passer, Collins is still better and did a better job exploiting Pittsburgh's secondary than Young did. I'd agree with Youngfan if Fisher decided to make Collins the starter again, but all Fisher was doing was trying to make an adjustment to what clearly wasn't working.

A few years ago Philly I think was down by like 3 points at halftime (they might have even been getting the ball back) and Reid benched McNabb cause he had been playing terrible. Kolb comes in, sucks even more, and Philly gets blown out when it was still a winnable game at halftime. Everyone thinks this takes Philly outa the playoff race, instead it lights a fire under McNabb to win 4 of the final 5 games, sneak in as a wildcard, and get his team inches away from a superbowl. Benching Young for a year obviously motivated the out of him to play well last season, if benching him again has the same effect then Fisher made the right decision.
    Last edited by DUNCANownsKOBE2; 09-20-2010 at 11:30 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Why is there no middle ground for people in this argument? You either slob his knob, or hate on him no matter hwhwhwhat.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Btw Fisher even said after the game Young is still the starting QB so I don't understand what the big deal is. The in Pittsburgh's defense is its secondary, VY is a better playmaker than Collins for obvious reasons but as far as taking what the defense gives as a pocket passer, Collins is still better and did a better job exploiting Pittsburgh's secondary than Young did. I'd agree with Youngfan if Fisher decided to make Collins the starter again, but all Fisher was doing was trying to make an adjustment to what clearly wasn't working.

A few years ago Philly I think was down by like 3 points at halftime (they might have even been getting the ball back) and Reid benched McNabb cause he had been playing terrible. Kolb comes in, sucks even more, and Philly gets blown out when it was still a winnable game at halftime. Everyone thinks this takes Philly outa the playoff race, instead it lights a fire under McNabb to win 4 of the final 5 games, sneak in as a wildcard, and get his team inches away from a superbowl. Benching Young for a year obviously motivated the out of him to play well last season, if benching him again has the same effect then Fisher made the right decision.
    It's definitely possible that it could light a fire under VY like it did McNabb, and honestly that's the first thing that came to mind. However, it doesnt change the fact that it was a stupid decision in the first place to bench McNabb in that game, just like it was a stupid decision to bench VY in this game. Reid for many years was in the same position that Fisher has been in several times already now, in that they have had their jobs saved time after time by their QB.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Why is there no middle ground for people in this argument? You either slob his knob, or hate on him no matter hwhwhwhat.
    there is plenty of middle ground to be had about VY. the hate on him is far greater than the knobslobbing.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    there is plenty of middle ground to be had about VY. the hate on him is far greater than the knobslobbing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Phillip makes up for it. I still think he can be a very good pro. Just needs to get his head out of his ass.

Thread Information