Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Rolling Stone Magazine Sucks" - Redzero
    brah tbh Rolling Stone magazine is hipster poison, which means redzero actually probably does believe Rolling Stone sucks. They're like The Shins of indie rock magazines. Way too mainstream now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I am not up on hipster. How about this:

"Bands Everyone Knows" - Redzero

"Loose Jeans: A Story of Conformity" - Redzero

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    This hipster stuff is hilarious.

Liking good bands doesn't make a hipster.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    "Typing on your mac at starbucks is lame" - redzero

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Damn, I am not up on hipster.
    I"m the same way tbh. I know Rolling Stone is about as un-hipster as it gets, but for a good long while I was mistaken in thinking that pitchfork media was still some bastion of hipster baggery. Turns out Pitchfork is the new Rolling Stone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Good Grammar," by Koolaid_Man (foreword by KillaKobe81)

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pitchfork loves Radiohead and Arcade Fire. Therefore, unhipster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Typing on your mac at starbucks is lame" - redzero

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Typical Hipster

* The typical hipster (more like pop-cult ) does not have a concentration, and as such their interests are evenly distributed in avant garde/hip art, music, fashion, etc.
    * Their clothing is decadent, but not as overly indulgent and gay as the avant garde hipster.
    * They listen to crap bands you've never heard of. If non-hipsters ever adopt their music, they will quickly lose interest.
    * They pretend to enjoy the arts and literature, but they don't know about either.
    * Loafers are typical of the hipster fashion. The loafers indicate that they have successfully raped and mugged an elderly man whilst retrieving their loafers as their prize.
    * That they wear constantly changes, because what is hip constantly changes.
    * Their obscene use of aviator glasses and other massive glasses that block out the sun
    * Rides a "fixie" bike, i.e. a bike that can't coast and has no brakes, because conventional bikes and cars are too mainstream.
    * Expresses a sense of "ironic" enjoyment for bad '80s bands and unfashionable clothing, but secretly really likes that .

Indie

* Generally like any ty band as long as they dress in the correct way. Pretend to have a deep understanding of music but generally are just talking out of their ass. Occasionally they actually like good bands and drive sane people away from those particular bands.

* They are the most badly dressed of the bunch and can be easily identified. Both sexes have the tendency to wear button up shirts, straight legged pants, a hoodie, and some type of flat bottomed shoe that isn't for running. If it is a girl it may wear flats and a sweater. Sometimes it is difficult to tell indie boys and girls apart, due to the fact that they look so much alike.

* What the Indie is today is what remains of what hipsters used to look like, yet they are still accepted as a part of the hipster community. They listen to all the coolest and most subversive music that you have never heard of. And if you have heard of them... well.. they heard them first.

* Indie s are more likely to smoke pole at 13. They have a record collection and have probably Wikipedia-d a good amount of Kurt Vonnegut.

* Indie s of both sexes like to grow sideburns or beards.

Avant-Garde
    OMG, I bet her boyfriend gave her that jacket. He's totally sweet.
    NEEDS MOAR SUNGLASSES

Avant Garde hipsters are hipsters whose specialty is fashion. They are always wearing the most outrageous thing, but pretend that they did not spend 5 hours preparing their outfit the night before. Whatever is in, they wore it before it was.

They tend to be obsessed with always finding the new thing. It is hard to describe them because their fashion sense changes every five seconds, but you will be able to pick them out in a crowd because they are the person that looks the most ridiculous, but if you think it is ridiculous you are just an unfashionable dolt. Their music taste is always current and hip and leans towards the indie, electronic, new wave, and post-punk, or whatever noise their favourite DJ made when he passed out onto his keyboard.

A notable avant-garde hipster is It-Girl Cory Kennedy. The best place to keep track of hipster fashion is here.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Delicious EncyclopediaDramatica copy pasta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Essential reading:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/your...uide-north.php

"Classifying hipsters in the wild can be a tricky business to neophytes. To the layman, all hipsters look the same: they dress in stupid clothes, they dye their hair, they listen to awful racket, and they’re always having sex with each other. However, the trained naturalist will tell you that there are limitless varieties of hipster, each with his or her own distinctive plumage and mating calls. We hope that this excerpt from our entirely unscientific and fairly insulting guide illuminates the differences between several of the more populous species of North American hipsters."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I occasionally hang out with a few Hipster girls, TBH, I'm not going to lie..I can see why people would be annoyed by their kind though..New York has them in bunches..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How to Properly Cite a Source : KBP

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Passionate sex" - Gary Neal

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    How to make legal trades-David Stern and the Lakers

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How to make legal trades-David Stern and the Lakers
    you're supposed to do opposites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "How to Take a Devestating Elimination Loss at Home Like a Man" by Kobe Bryant, intro by Derek Fisher.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    "Honoring your NBA contract and not lying about your daughter's eye" Derek Fisher

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    mono did it, so let me do the opposite - DoK

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    "Safe Driving: Just What Are Speed Limits and Stop Signs For?" - Earl "J.R." Smith III

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "My sex relationship with my wife" - Ghazi
    "I did not hit on anyone's wife." - Tyson Chandler
    "I had sex." - A.C Green

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    How to stay healthy- Yao Ming

My Team