Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Just saw it. I thought it was pretty badass.
    +1 Saw it last night.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just saw it. I thought it was pretty badass.
    It's up to 109 positive reviews and only 8 negative at rottentomatoes now . Plus, I've heard from two people that saw it yesterday that it was badass. I'm seeing it tonight, only thing I'm worried about is going in with unrealistically high expectations given all the positive word of mouth.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's up to 109 positive reviews and only 8 negative at rottentomatoes now . Plus, I've heard from two people that saw it yesterday that it was badass. I'm seeing it tonight, only thing I'm worried about is going in with unrealistically high expectations given all the positive word of mouth.
    dude movie was well worth the price of admission.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Big to this movie, just went and saw it at a Matinee. Not as good as Heat or The Departed, but what is?

***SPOILER***

The note on Jon Hamm's car kicked ass. Although it wasn't as good as the audience thought it was. I mean people were dying laughing at the showing I was at. Renner's You to Hamm by the mailbox was awesome as well. Also, when Affleck leaned forward to whisper in that guy's ear kicked ass as well. That whole scene in the flower shop at the end ing dominated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i don't mind affleck but i will never ever again trust rottentomatoes.com after their 9.5+ rating of that ty movie paranormal activity.
    What a surprise, Koriwhat clearly not understanding how something works. Rotten tomatoes doesn't rate the movies, they just tabulate reviewers ratings. Hating their results is like blaming The New York Times because the election results they reported weren't what you had hoped for.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Great movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I'll never understand the hard on people here have The Departed.

Anyway, this movie was good. There were some hilarious scenes in it, too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    I'll never understand the hard on people here have The Departed.

Anyway, this movie was good. There were some hilarious scenes in it, too.
    You've never been accused of having good taste anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    What a surprise, Koriwhat clearly not understanding how something works. Rotten tomatoes doesn't rate the movies, they just tabulate reviewers ratings. Hating their results is like blaming The New York Times because the election results they reported weren't what you had hoped for.
    crofl

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    You've never been accused of having good taste anyway.
    Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

And I never said I didn't like The Departed. It was probably the right choice for best picture that year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Solid Movie. Great action, acting, bits of comedy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Very good movie. Acting, story and overall mood was spot on for the genre. Excellent pacing as well. I loved Gone Baby Gone and the books it's based on are awesome as well. Ben's a fine talent for directing and working with actors.

8.5/10

Billy Bob
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    probably the best movie of the Summer along with Inception. Great acting, solid story, and the pacing was great. I just wished he could of stayed with his chick at the end. 8.5/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    probably the best movie of the Summer along with Inception. Great acting, solid story, and the pacing was great. I just wished he could of stayed with his chick at the end. 8.5/10.
    Thanks for the spoiler dumbass!!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Great movie. Definitely one of the top 10 films of 2010 in my opinion. Is it good enough for Oscar nominations? I think so but the Oscars usually but not always pick ty artsy indie movies that no one has seen unless you live in NY or LA.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    but the Oscars usually but not always pick ty artsy indie movies that no one has seen
    Like Avatar? The Oscars have always skewed mainstream.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Avatar did not win Best Picture. It was also probably the first big time blockbuster to get nominated for Best Picture since Gladiator or antic. I could be the only one on this but I thought the woman that played Claire(Rebecca Hall) was hotter than Blake Lively in the movie.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    great ing movie...

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Avatar did not win Best Picture. It was also probably the first big time blockbuster to get nominated for Best Picture since Gladiator or antic.
    You're changing the parameters of your initial statement. You were talking about The Town as a potential nominee, not winner. Also, there is a huge gray area between "big time blockbuster" and " ty artsy indie movies that no one has seen."

Agree with the rest of you post, though. I thought Rebecca Hall was more attractive in Vicky Christina Barcelona than in this, but Blake Lively does nothing for me.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Rebecca seems like she has the natural beauty thing going. Blake Lively just comes off as fake and somewhat annoying. The Boston accent didn't sound right coming from her either. Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner faired way better with the Boston accent but that would probably have something do with them being far more superior actors to Blake Lively. I would say that The Town is a potential Oscar nominee at least for Best Picture and Best Director. Just my opinion. I think the group of 10 in the Best Picture category would help The Town. It probably doesn't hurt its odds.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    You're changing the parameters of your initial statement. You were talking about The Town as a potential nominee, not winner. Also, there is a huge gray area between "big time blockbuster" and " ty artsy indie movies that no one has seen."

Agree with the rest of you post, though. I thought Rebecca Hall was more attractive in Vicky Christina Barcelona than in this, but Blake Lively does nothing for me.
    You need a good rap in the mouth, you pretentious .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw it yesterday. Excellent movie.

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    Name
    Arnold
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was a great movie! definitely in my top 5 in 2010! Well written, well acted and everything about it was just really really good!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    So what's the verdict? Does this movie have Oscar buzz? I think it does but we still have 3 months left in the year.

Thread Information