Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    's tight. All the way around. I didn't know who Blake Lively was before the boo I took told me, but I thought she was great. Really well acted by everyone, but I thought she did as good job as she needed to. Renner was off the hook good though. Great character, masterfully acted.
    Last edited by balli; 09-30-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I saw it yesterday, and it was a pretty damn good movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    Rebecca seems like she has the natural beauty thing going. Blake Lively just comes off as fake and somewhat annoying. The Boston accent didn't sound right coming from her either. Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner faired way better with the Boston accent but that would probably have something do with them being far more superior actors to Blake Lively. I would say that The Town is a potential Oscar nominee at least for Best Picture and Best Director. Just my opinion. I think the group of 10 in the Best Picture category would help The Town. It probably doesn't hurt its odds.
    Ben Affleck being from Boston probably helped too.

Nice to see Bostonians representing. Can't wait to visit my hometown in October. (Ok, technically my home is Lynn, but that's 10 miles outside of Boston and it sucks, so I claim Boston.)

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    What about Boston itself? Is it worth seeing? I've never been but I would like to see the Northeastern part of America someday. I would love to see Fenway Park before I bite the dust.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    What about Boston itself? Is it worth seeing? I've never been but I would like to see the Northeastern part of America someday. I would love to see Fenway Park before I bite the dust.
    you should have stuck with Chaplin movies only tbh. narrations and conversations never make any sense to you anyway...

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    meh. don't see what all the fuss over this one is about. was way late seeing this but thought it was pretty run of the mill tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it's alright.

Rolling With The Changes RollingStoned's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good movie.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Jeremy Renner is going to win an Oscar for this movie. Ben Affleck should get nominated for best director but probably won't because people won't forgive him for Gigli.

silverblk mystix
    Saw it tonight.

Pretty interesting until it turned into a drawn out shootout with a whole Police Force.

Once a movie becomes all about shootouts and explosions-I kind of lose affection for the characters and it becomes all about effects and stunts.

Other than that-the story was pretty gripping and kept me from turning off the blu-ray.

Inception -on the other hand -bored me to sleep. Inception is way overrated IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Am i the only one who thought Blake Lively was ing terrible in this?

Aside from that i did end up liking it quite a bit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Horrible accent

I believe in yesterday Zelophehad's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    It was good, but there was some stupid like ***Spoilers***

...the FBI not even ing drawing in the shades at the end, and she would have probably freaked out way more when she found out he was one of the bank robbers. Tbh she most definitely turns him in 9 times out of 10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    sons did anyone else notice the error in the movie whenever they were planning the Fenway Park deal and that flower shop cuckold said "right after a 4 game stand with New York (Yankees)" ... they then showed them going to the game that night looking around and it was clearly the Toronto Blue Jays in town!

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally saw it last night; very, very impressed. Wish we'd caught it in theatre. Ben Affleck nailed this in both roles. He's quite a good director. He's a good actor too, but had such a bad run of 'blockbuster' movies in his career that I tend to forget how good he can be.

I was impressed by Blake Lively - don't care much for her, and thought she did a good job. Rebecca Hall was good, but her lips kept distracting me.

Renner - wow. WOW.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Blake Lively is probably the only weak part of this movie. Everything else was good in my opinion. I still think Ben Affleck is not getting any love from critics for his writing, directing, and acting for this movie. Jeremy Renner is getting love and it's deserved because he had an excellent performance. I watched the extended cut on Blu Ray and it had almost 30 minutes of additional scenes. Pretty good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Tbh she most definitely turns him in 9 times out of 10.
    son not if he laid the down properly ... which in the movie he clearly did.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Good movie - not amazing or anything but pretty good. I'd like to see if Affleck can do anything besides a Boston crime drama before naming him a good director, however.

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    haha, fair enough, Manny.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Good movie all the way around. After seeing it I'm not surprised in the least that Renner is up for a Golden Globe. Didn't see a ton of movies this year, but his might have been the best I've seen. As both director and actor, Affleck doesn't stray far from home but he makes a damn fine movie there. Jon Hamm kicked ass, somehow being oddly likeable as a raging asshole Fed. I didn't have any real porblem with Blake Lively. Not bad but certainly the weakest part of a very very strong cast.

I don't really know any way around the whole "last job goes wrong/shoot out/blaze of glory" cliche that bank heist movies go to in their final act. I knew it was coming and had been so pleased with the movie up to that point that I was hoping there would be some kind of twist or different take on it. In the end I could live with that. The thing that left me shaking my head was the last scene with The Florist. As satisfying as it is to see him get what was coming that was the part that really stretched past my suspension of disbelief. After that enormous fire fight, with the FBI knowing full well who was the man behind the crew, Affleck's able to just walk right into his old neighborhood and gun down two guys with no trouble. The Feds dig right through these guys lives to track them down and don't put any surveillance outside the front business of the guy they'd go to if something went wrong on a job? But hey, that's one minute that didn't work against 119 that did. Big thumbs up from me.

I believe in yesterday Zelophehad's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Good movie - not amazing or anything but pretty good. I'd like to see if Affleck can do anything besides a Boston crime drama before naming him a good director, however.
    Wow, if you won't think he's a good director after those two movies, you must consider like five people good directors. Forget the genre, those were two veryg good films.

Govt, stay away!
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Good movie.

Jon Hamm oughtta win best supporting. One of the better actors today.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Finally watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Affleck is the

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Good movie.

That belongs to Christian Bale.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    He beats out Jeremy Renner?

Thread Information