Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guru of Nothing
    The new draft time is Wednesday, August 18th at 10:00 central for the $50 buy-in league.

If this does not work for you, reply as soon as possible, so that we can work in another time slot before people commit to this one.

Kori, can you please pin this thread and let the other FSP FF thread float away.

Thanks.

P.S. - Kori, what's up with the Yahoo league? Shall we try to run the drafts back-to-back?

MannyIsGod
    weekend of my best friends bachlor party, no way in i can do it.

GrandeDavid
    I'm traveling from Sao Paulo to New York on the 1th of August and will be in New York until the 19th, when I head to San Antonio. For me, personally, the 13th of August would be ideal.

timvp
    The draft for the second league (the $10 buy-in) is:

Sat Sep 4 1:30pm CDT.

Does anyone who is in that league have objections?

MannyIsGod
    if thats labor day weekend i may be entirely screwed. i'm not going to be in town that weekend.

KoriEllis
    Okay, how about everybody post which weekend is best for them and then we can see if we can work it out to please everyone.

fsp kris rivenburgh
    September 4 is not good. Can that time be reset? I would perfer August 18th or sooner. Also, Guru's time sounded good to me. I would be happy to compromise anytime up until and including August 18th.

Guru of Nothing
    Using Sunday as draft day, I can make it either Aug 15, 22nd or 29th. If we can get everybody together excpet for one or two people, maybe one should consider taking Dr. Pill up on his offer to sit in for them on the draft. Maybe Scott could sub too, if needed.

MannyIsGod
    The 29th is best for me, however I can probably work the 22nd to my favor.

o0drpill0o
    Yeah as far as I know I am still good for a weekend draft date so if any of the big money crowd needs a proxy I would be happy to fill in. I've been eating, sleeping and breathing football info for the last couple months so I promise I can draft you a good team.

Guru of Nothing
    There is an alternative to a draft - we could have an auction. This eliminates the need to get everybody together at the same time. Obviously, the auction does not begin until all the money is collected. FWIW, XPertLeagues supports auctions, so we don't have to go out of our way to set it up.

By the way, we are down to 10 players in the league. I don't want to post another fantasy football thread here, but can anyone reading this thread help recruit another two players.

KoriEllis
    What about a weeknight in the evening rather than during the weekend?

Does like Tues August 17 at 8:00pm (random date and time) workout? Or do you guys prefer weekends?

Guru of Nothing
    Does like Tues August 17 at 8:00pm (random date and time) workout? Or do you guys prefer weekends?
    I can make it just about any day (or night) so long as I know when, just a little in advance. There's not a whole lot going on here in MS, so I am very flexible.

T Park Num 9
    a weeknight is perfect for me.

Weekends are a .

MannyIsGod
    i should be able to swing a weeknight other than monday.

T Park Num 9
    I agree tuesday or wednesday nights would be good.

iminlakerland
    Im not sure which is the best weekend or day. I guess you guys can tell me and if i can make it i can if not ill try to see if my brother can draft for me. And if that dosnt work well i'll see.

fsp kris rivenburgh
    What about Monday, August 16th at 9:30 pm central for the $10 league as a warm up and then Wednesday, August 18th at 8:30 central for the $50 buy-in?

We need to have a set time in place as soon as possible. Has everybody paid? My uncle and I are in for the $10 league and I am in the for the $50 as well.

iminlakerland
    Monday, August 16th at 9:30 pm central for the $10 league
    sounds good to me senor.

Guru of Nothing
    What about Monday, August 16th at 9:30 pm central for the $10 league as a warm up and then Wednesday, August 18th at 8:30 central for the $50 buy-in?
    This sounds good to me.

Regarding the $50 league, participants are Alamo Spurs Fan, Kori, LJ, Kris, Iceman, Manny, TPark, Chris Duel, Mouse, and your's truly. TPark, Chris and Mouse have not been heard from in quite a while. I hope that they are still participating. Can someone get in touch with these people and get a confirmation.

At best we have 10 players. I'd rather it be 12, so if anyone can recruit an extra couple of players, please do.

TLC, might you now be interested in joining?

Can anyone NOT make the draft on the evening of August 18th?

KoriEllis
    Guru, I have some problems with the settings. Let me know what you think. My comments in bold.

Passing

Pass TD:
    6.00 Points

Pass Yards:
    For every 10 yards, assign:
    0.33 points

Interceptions:
    -2.00 Points

Passing 2 Pter:
    2.00 Points

Rushing

Rush TD:
    6 points

Rush Yds:
    0 points
    No points for rushing yardage? I'm assuming this was an input error

Receiving

Rec TD:
    6 points

Rec Yds:
    0.67 points

Receiving 2 Pter:
    2.00 Points

Special Teams

Special Team TD:
    0 points

Offensive Fumbles

Offensive Fumble (recovered)
    2.00 Points
    I'm not sure if we should have this.

Offensive Fumble (lost)
    -2.00 Points

Home Field Advantage

Kicker

FG
    3.00 Points
    + 1 point for FG between 40 and 49 yards
    + 2 point for FG between 50 and 75 yards
    (Maybe give a +3 for 60-75)
    + -1 point for FG between 40 and 49 yards
    + -2 point for FG between 30 and 39 yards
    + -3 point for FG between 1 and 29 yards

Extra Point
    1.00 Points

Missed XP
    -1.00 Points

Defense

Defensive TD
    6.00 Points

Sack
    1.00 Points

Safety
    2.00 Points

Interception
    2.00 Points

Fumble Recovered
    2.00 Points

Blocked FG
    3.00 Points

Blocked Punt
    2.00 Points

Points Against:
    From 2 to 6 = -3 points
    From 7 to 13 = -6 points
    From 14 to 20 = -8 points
    From 21 to 27 = -10 points
    From 28 to 34 = -12 points
    From 35 to 74 = -14 points
    Why would your defense get penalized for holding a team to 2 points?? They should get positive points for that, IMO. This section should be something like: +4, +2, 0, -2, -4, -6

Guru of Nothing
    Rush Yds:
    0 points
    No points for rushing yardage? I'm assuming this was an input error
    Guilty. That should be 0.67 points per 10 yards; same as receiving.

2.00 Points
    I'm not sure if we should have this.
    There was much debate in the FF world last year in an Indianapolis game (IIRC) where an offensive player fumbled the ball. The opposing defense fumbled the ball back to Indianapolis on the fumble recovery return, and Marvin Harrison returned it for a touchdown.

Who should get credit for the touchdown (and second fumble recovery)? I say Marvin Harrison gets the points, but some argued that the Indy defense should be awarded the TD. This rule appears to be a reaction to that rare occurence.

FG
    3.00 Points
    + 1 point for FG between 40 and 49 yards
    + 2 point for FG between 50 and 75 yards
    (Maybe give a +3 for 60-75)
    Sure, that's fine with me.

The text you pasted looks misleading. Just to be clear to everyone, all FGs are worth 3 points, plus 1 more for 40 to 49, etc.

KoriEllis
    What about points against? (Last thing in my last post)

timvp
    2.00 Points
    This to me means that if the offense fumbles but then recovers it, they get two points. That would be stupid.

If it's only recovering defensive fumble (very rare), I guess it makes sense. But I'd rather it be worth nothing.

KoriEllis
    Wednesday, August 18th at 8:30 central
    GoN, go ahead and set this up as the draft time on the $50 league. We'll adjust it if there's a major outrage, but it seems to work for most.

I'll contact Chris Duel and Mouse to see if they are still in.

Thread Information