Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So let's abandon character development for 45 minutes of mindless gore and violence. I'll go watch a B-movie on Sci Fi for that.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    So let's abandon character development for 45 minutes of mindless gore and violence. I'll go watch a B-movie on Sci Fi for that.
    Basically, thats what people seem to want. Which is fine for a 1.5 hour movie, not so much for a 3 season cable television show.

I like it, even with the drama. I dont like the Shane character, but he really is the only one making sense. The problem though, is that his will to survive has officially surpassed his humanity. He has basically become something unrepresentative of humanity itself and is therefore not worth saving.

The blonde is becoming just like him, but I forsee her having some epiphany about it.

Rick's kid doesnt bother me, he is just a kid.

Rick's wife, total idiot and hopefully soon to be used as bait.

The old man, nothing wrong with him really, but he steps over the line constantly as it pertains to group safety under some desperate sense of higher morality. A habitual linestepper.

Asian kid is cool, to me. Not trying to save the world or hold onto the way things used to be (like ing Rick), but not sacrificing his sense of humanity just to survive, either. His hillbilly girlfriend is another matter, however.

The billy-bob with the crossbow, he's cool. Just a slightly twisted version of the Asian kid.

Old mother-hubbard ought to just off herself and get it over with. Just an extra mouth to feed and not one redeeming quality as a person besides continuing to be the broken human being she was before and after the zombie apocalypse.

Big black guy...not very central to the story in any way. He was in the first season, but he is almost non-existent in the second. Thats weird because I like him as a character.

Basically, I see the young Kid, Asian, Billy-bob, the Blonde and Black Guy as the future survivors while Rick, adulterous wife, Shayne, Mother Hubbard and Old Man are meat for the beast.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    that is what i am waiting for
    Hey wtf you assholes, don't spoil is this thread

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    wtf? Of course s going to get spoiled in this thread. You can't come in here until you're caught up. You should know better, CBF!!!!

I avoid all TV show threads until I'm completely current. Its killing me that I can't go into the Breaking Bad thread but I'm only in Season 2!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    "While these numbers were not as high as the 3.8 rating and the 7.2 million viewers that watched this premiere"

So because it doesn't match the all time high for the series then the viewership has declined? That isn't the way it works. Viewership for the 2nd season certainly is not down as you tried to portray.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Basically, thats what people seem to want. Which is fine for a 1.5 hour movie, not so much for a 3 season cable television show.

I like it, even with the drama. I dont like the Shane character, but he really is the only one making sense. The problem though, is that his will to survive has officially surpassed his humanity. He has basically become something unrepresentative of humanity itself and is therefore not worth saving.

The blonde is becoming just like him, but I forsee her having some epiphany about it.

Rick's kid doesnt bother me, he is just a kid.

Rick's wife, total idiot and hopefully soon to be used as bait.

The old man, nothing wrong with him really, but he steps over the line constantly as it pertains to group safety under some desperate sense of higher morality. A habitual linestepper.

Asian kid is cool, to me. Not trying to save the world or hold onto the way things used to be (like ing Rick), but not sacrificing his sense of humanity just to survive, either. His hillbilly girlfriend is another matter, however.

The billy-bob with the crossbow, he's cool. Just a slightly twisted version of the Asian kid.

Old mother-hubbard ought to just off herself and get it over with. Just an extra mouth to feed and not one redeeming quality as a person besides continuing to be the broken human being she was before and after the zombie apocalypse.

Big black guy...not very central to the story in any way. He was in the first season, but he is almost non-existent in the second. Thats weird because I like him as a character.

Basically, I see the young Kid, Asian, Billy-bob, the Blonde and Black Guy as the future survivors while Rick, adulterous wife, Shayne, Mother Hubbard and Old Man are meat for the beast.
    People want to see a new 28 days later each week. Frankly, as much as I love that movie and I love the zombie action, that would be boring as after a couple a few weeks. The way they built up to that episode's pay off convinced me the writers are doing a damn good job. Very few times have I had a "OH NO THEY DIDN'T" look on my face watching TV.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    wtf? Of course s going to get spoiled in this thread. You can't come in here until you're caught up. You should know better, CBF!!!!

I avoid all TV show threads until I'm completely current. Its killing me that I can't go into the Breaking Bad thread but I'm only in Season 2!
    Carl hasn't killed anyone in the tv show and i'm totally current with the show, didn't realize people were spoiling from the comic that hasn't happened in the show yet

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Carl hasn't killed anyone in the tv show and i'm totally current with the show, didn't realize people were spoiling from the comic that hasn't happened in the show yet
    If I recall, the TV show is already well past the point in the comic where Carl kills Shane (not that it's necessarily following it in all other areas). I would not assume that will happen in the show. Shane seems to be a much more pivotal character here.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    People want to see a new 28 days later each week. Frankly, as much as I love that movie and I love the zombie action, that would be boring as after a couple a few weeks. The way they built up to that episode's pay off convinced me the writers are doing a damn good job. Very few times have I had a "OH NO THEY DIDN'T" look on my face watching TV.
    I don't want to see 28 days later every week, but I couldn't get through the second season premiere so I just quit watching. I have too many shows on my plate as it is.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm way behind this season. I've been dvr'ing every episode but I think I just finished the 5 episode of this season. Its the one episode, and forgive me for not knowing the names, with the cop that was banging the other cop's wife and that guy getting supplies for his kid. I knew I didn't like or trust that guy for a reason. I hope he meets a violent, ass gaping end. No racist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    he did what was necessary...

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Don't worry too much. The show hasn't been following the comics directly.

, Darryl doesn't even exist in the books.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Whoa crazy. He is my favorite character by far. And so there is still hope that lil chode carl will get killed soon. Nice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics

CF, you ever get around to reading those other comic books I mentioned?

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    CF, you ever get around to reading those other comic books I mentioned?
    Nope. Wasn't able to make it very far into Walking Dead yet, either. They've all been added to a long list of recreational reading that's waiting for me to finish my thesis.

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    He is my favorite character by far.
    same here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    my favorite too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    And so there is still hope that lil chode carl will get killed soon. Nice.
    That would seriously propel the show to awesome status. I was so happy when lil Otis fired a round into his chest...but then that nutjob vet had to save him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    tbh, this show NEEDS to come back on. the month of Feb.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bump..tonight's the night!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    holy new episodes already

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    im playing resident evil nemesis before walking dead D=

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    (off the subject a moment) but, has anybody seen a series called "Snapped?" Any comments would be appreciated.

Thread Information