Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Looking forward to tonight's episode. Hope this stays good and doesn't get all neocon and metrosexual on us.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Only two weeks in and a white guy drops the "n" word & is soundly admonished by the group one after another, in turn, divergent race by race.

Can ya imagine the restraint it took for them to not drop it in week one?

tee, hee.
    The question of the day should be: So why did they feel that bringing the racism issue and the using of the word ###### into the show was necessary? Why? Because it takes place in Atlanta, Georgia and all White people in the south hate all Black people in the south? Propagating stereotypes and promoting racism under the guise of a script is NOT acceptable and it's not the way to solve the problems of racism facing people all over the world. And no, I won't call it "the n word" it's a word and nothing more. It's how how people choose to perceive it and let it affect them is where the problem lies. The use of it in this program was not necessary, it has no relevance other than to fan flames of hatred and anger and racism on both sides black and white. Totally unnecessary and closed minded writing. They could have painted the guy as just being an asshole in general, either way. But they had to roll the race dice. Stupid. And just shows that some people can't let things go and work towards a cohesiveness of equality. Ruined the show for me and after letting AMC know exactly what I thought, it was the last episode I will watch. Flame on.......

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    Name
    D-J-A-N-G-O.....the "D" is silent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The question of the day should be: So why did they feel that bringing the racism issue and the using of the word ###### into the show was necessary? Why? Because it takes place in Atlanta, Georgia and all White people in the south hate all Black people in the south? Propagating stereotypes and promoting racism under the guise of a script is NOT acceptable and it's not the way to solve the problems of racism facing people all over the world. And no, I won't call it "the n word" it's a word and nothing more. It's how how people choose to perceive it and let it affect them is where the problem lies. The use of it in this program was not necessary, it has no relevance other than to fan flames of hatred and anger and racism on both sides black and white. Totally unnecessary and closed minded writing. They could have painted the guy as just being an asshole in general, either way. But they had to roll the race dice. Stupid. And just shows that some people can't let things go and work towards a cohesiveness of equality. Ruined the show for me and after letting AMC know exactly what I thought, it was the last episode I will watch. Flame on.......
    tl;dr on your first post. Well done

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I haven't read the comics, I assumed at least some of their popularity stemmed from an original take on zombies. So far I'm not seeing much original at all with the TV series. I hope that it gets better.

The direction they're heading towards seems to be a soap opera set in a rather derivative and uninterestingly rendered zombieland.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Outstanding work, Mikey.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I haven't read the comics, I assumed at least some of their popularity stemmed from an original take on zombies. So far I'm not seeing much original at all with the TV series. I hope that it gets better.

The direction they're heading towards seems to be a soap opera set in a rather derivative and uninterestingly rendered zombieland.
    from what everyone tells me, the source material is more about the survivors than the zombies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Episode 3 was the best of the lot so far. Somewhat predictable plotting, but pretty good for TV I reckon.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Dumb redneck. He snags the saw...and saws through his ing arm? What, he couldn't see that chain holding him there? WTF?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dumb redneck. He snags the saw...and saws through his ing arm? What, he couldn't see that chain holding him there? WTF?
    going through bone is probably a little quicker with those zombies pounding at the door

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes

lol I thought the exact same thing. he could have easily sawed through one of the small links. I guess the writers were going for an eerie effect.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's what my husband said.
    going through bone is probably a little quicker with those zombies pounding at the door
    And that's what I said

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    I actually think sawing through links might be quicker than trying to saw off your own arm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    USC Trojans
    I caught the show and thought it was pretty decent. I'll catch it when I can. I didn't read the comics and don't know anything about zombie folklore. So I got a few quick questions about it and what some people earlier were talking about the "plausibility" storylines.

So from what I gather, when zombies go after uninfected people, they eat em up to the guts pretty good. So I'm curious why there are so many zombies, but also most of the zombies who look pretty in tact with their limbs and vital organs. Wouldn't more of these zombies have arms and legs missing, guts spewing out of their stomachs, half eaten necks? So in traditional zombie folklore, do zombies stop eating on the flesh once a zombie is fully turned? How long does it take to turn? Or is it just as simple as the fact that zombies are so slow that most people even when infected get away before they turn? Also wonder why zombies don't feed on each other. If the infection rate is so high and fast, at some point they'll need to move onto cannibalism, don't you think?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How come nobody in zombie movies or tv has ever heard of zombies? Do they live in an alternate reality?

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm gonna be all up in this thread so I'll just park my chair here.

I'm a HUGE Kirkman fan, and have every issue of The Walking Dead including variant covers (plus Invincible, Brit, Wolfman, etc etc). Obviously I was on pins and needles waiting for the show!
    So far so good. I'm happy with most of the casting, and the way the scenes are shoot - just looks great.

I doubt a flimsy hacksaw would have cut thru the links on those hand cuffs.
    What irked me about that episode however is this: if he was close enough to wing is belt @ the tools - then he was close enough to swing his legs over there, extend his body as far as possible from the pipe, and blindly pull the tools towards him with his feet.
    However, he is a stupid redneck. so there ya go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How come nobody in zombie movies or tv has ever heard of zombies? Do they live in an alternate reality?
    yeah, I don't get that. WTF?

except in Shaun of the Dead. they knew exactly what zombies were.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One other thing; as good as the comics are, they would have been way better if Moore had stayed on as the artist. He's 95x better than Adlard.
    A freaking men! Or even Ottley.
    I'm not happy with the penciler for Guarding the globe either... he makes Brit look re ed.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I actually think sawing through links might be quicker than trying to saw off your own arm
    absolutely. the bones in your wrist would be much more difficult to saw through than a 1/4" chain link. also, your arm is filled with nerve endings and that chain link is not. furthermore, since you're slicing through the blood vessels in your wrist you are effectively committing suicide.

this show pisses me off in so many ways similar to this but i still watch it.
    Last edited by greyforest; 11-17-2010 at 11:52 AM.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    lol @ Shane going Pacquiao on Ed because his p#$sy went back to her husband...

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Sawing at the wrist made the most sense. The last thing you want to do in that situation is wear down the blade trying unsuccessfully to saw through metal (at an odd angle with no leverage) only to have to cut off your hand anyway, but with a dull hacksaw.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What I want to know is why people try and rationalize everything....

its ing TV people...

If you want reality, stop watching TV...

but yeah, I thought the same thing too, then remembered I was watching a show about a zombie epidemic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What I want to know is why people try and rationalize everything....

its ing TV people...

If you want reality, stop watching TV...

but yeah, I thought the same thing too, then remembered I was watching a show about a zombie epidemic.
    zombies are real mofo!

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Half way through the third episode. I just can't stand the sheriff's wife. I mean, I understand that in a situation like that one does what he/she needs to survive, but I just can't seem to like her. She's still a lying, cheating in my book.

Other than thoroughly disliking her, so far so good for the series, I think.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    zombies are real mofo!
    obiwanginobili W T F wha hwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

is this the year 2005 or what

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    zombies are real mofo!
    Someday they will be. That's why I put this on my new car.

My kid looked at it and said, "So, we're ZORT now?"

Thread Information