Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I ing loved that episode last night. Couldn't have been happier, unless of course Ricks wife died. I hate her character so much. We watched the last few episodes of the marathon last night leading up to the premiere and it just dawned on me that pretty much it was all her fault. Had she not given Shane false hope, he wouldn't have tried to kill Rick, Rick's stupid kid wouldn't have fired the shot, and the zombies wouldn't have come running.

When she mentioned that she thought the baby had died, I was so excited to see a zombie baby rip her mother apart.........no such luck though. I also wish I hadn't seen so many previews for the season because it kind of spoiled the part at the end when they were walking thru the halls.

I've also decided that I'm going to wait until this show is cancelled and then start reading the comics. From what I understand, they are similar but very different and I don't want to be bummed out at any point that the show didn't follow the comic. I'm treating both of them as stand alone stories.
    Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing when she said she thought the baby was dead

The comics are really really good, if the show followed them more it'd be amazing but nevertheless the show is still good. Hopefully this season builds on the first episodes excitement

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Just watched it, it was pretty good. As usual, hatred swelled up inside me when I saw Rick's kid and his disgusting pregnant wife; nothing would please me more than for the bas in her oven to die and eat her insides.
    It would've been a great episode had it not been gay at the end, when in the halls. Going hall to hall, room to room...all clear.....UNTIL IT'S NOT! Yeah ok. And since when did zombies become smart enough to sit down and act dead as a trap? C'mon writers. C'mon.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    I haven't read the comics but are Carl and Herschel's other daughter supposed to hook up at some point or something? i mean, the kid is like 10 but there was a couple scenes last night that felt.. odd.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I haven't read the comics but are Carl and Herschel's other daughter supposed to hook up at some point or something? i mean, the kid is like 10 but there was a couple scenes last night that felt.. odd.
    Well,even a 10 year old matures in situations like that.He could use a friend of his age (let alone a female)

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Ya they were def flirting. I'm tired of Carl and his stupid in hat

Also do they have unlimited ammo/gas and no-recoil mods?

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Last night was the first time they ever tried to conserve ammo

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Did anyone catch bald lady flirting with Darryl

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Ya they were def flirting. I'm tired of Carl and his stupid in hat

Also do they have unlimited ammo/gas and no-recoil mods?
    I know right? I know 7 months have passed and all and the writers are trying to make him more "grown up", but he's a little er who ruins people's lives.

I noticed that about the guns too while they were shooting through the fence. C'mon people, you're actors. "Act" like you're shooting a real ing gun.

Last night was the first time they ever tried to conserve ammo
    Only reason I can come up with is that since they've been going town to town and house to house, they came across some. And if they had so much gas, they shoulda drove their happy asses back to Ricky's police station. They left a ton of guns over there and who knows what else.

Did anyone catch bald lady flirting with Darryl
    at the end of my tour in the desert, I was willing to hump anything. pretty soon everyone turns into a horny er. and kudos to her for keeping that buzz cut so perfect

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Outstanding opener - I got a feeling this is going to be the best season yet. They finally nailed the zombie apocalypse vibe.
    Still, Lori remains the most annoying, cringe-worthy and least compelling character. I literally LOL'd when she tearfully wailed "he hates me."

I guess her pregnancy means we can expect extended screen time for her this season, which is a bit worrying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it me or is Daryl and Rick really the only good characters in the show.. the asian guy is alright too.. the black ninja chick is cool in the comic

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I like t dog but his character has no major role

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like t dog but his character has no major role
    Yeah well at least he isn't annoying which can't be said about half the characters, I really like the show. I'd probably love it if more characters were better

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    All the characters are pretty unlikable aside from T-Dog who doesn't do anything except have classic one liners and Daryl who is a badass.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I miss the photos in the intro. I guess maybe the show stopped doing the intro like that since Shane is gone. The gang doesn't have an infinite amount of ammo and gas. I'm sure they are resourceful on gathering ammo and gas. And from the season premiere, it looks like the gang has gotten a lot better at defending themselves and hunting. They act like a unit when they are in battle mode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can't wait for next week's episode...I have to keep myself away from spoilers on the net'.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Just watched it, it was pretty good. As usual, hatred swelled up inside me when I saw Rick's kid and his disgusting pregnant wife; nothing would please me more than for the bas in her oven to die and eat her insides.
    It would've been a great episode had it not been gay at the end, when in the halls. Going hall to hall, room to room...all clear.....UNTIL IT'S NOT! Yeah ok. And since when did zombies become smart enough to sit down and act dead as a trap? C'mon writers. C'mon.
    Since Rick was inside the APC in downtown ATL? It's not without precedent in the show.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I liked the last line of the episode... "holyyyy "

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Wow

'Walking Dead' Breaks Basic Cable Record, Scores 10.9M Viewers

By Tim Molloy | The Wrap – Mon, Oct 15, 2012 1:13 PM PDT

"The Walking Dead" returned in its third season premiere to 10.9 million viewers, making it the most-watched basic cable drama telecast ever.
    The episode, which found a band of survivors cleaning out a prison full of walkers, grew more than 50 percent over last season's premiere, and scored an astonishing 7.3 million viewers in the key 18-49 demographic.

"Thank you to the fans for making 'The Walking Dead' such a tremendous success," said Charlie Collier, president of AMC. "We are honored and humbled that television's largest adult audience resides on AMC. So many people on both sides of the camera worked tirelessly on this project, and I thank and congratulate each of them for their amazing contribution."
    As AMC noted, it hit the ratings high without "Walking Dead" airing on Dish Networks, which have dropped AMC networks. Dish claims they score low ratings outside from Sunday dramas, but AMC contends that Dish is seeking leverage in an unrelated lawsuit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wow
    'Walking Dead' Breaks Basic Cable Record, Scores 10.9M Viewers
    Interesting. Looks like they've got a license to print money on their hands.
    The show almost died for me last season. That whole business with the farm was too drawn out and not very entertaining. They've turned around it around in the last few episodes of season 2 and I hope they continue with the good stuff in season 3.

And since when did zombies become smart enough to sit down and act dead as a trap? C'mon writers. C'mon.
    I didn't read it like that. It seemed to me the zombie was being a zombie - he was just sitting there all zombied out until a snack passed by.

My beef with the final sequence: White spray paint on light colored walls? That was a giveaway, as in "this is how they'll get lost in a pitch black tunnel/maze". Seems to me that road flares would have been a no-brainer, and they wouldn't be hard to come by since presumably the gang's been living on the road. As an effective means to distract, flares would be a indispensable part of their arsenal.
    Also, why didn't they use the prison guard's body armor to make an anti-zombie suit? Haste makes waste.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks

My beef with the final sequence: White spray paint on light colored walls? That was a giveaway, as in "this is how they'll get lost in a pitch black tunnel/maze". Seems to me that road flares would have been a no-brainer, and they wouldn't be hard to come by since presumably the gang's been living on the road. As an effective means to distract, flares would be a indispensable part of their arsenal.
    Also, why didn't they use the prison guard's body armor to make an anti-zombie suit? Haste makes waste.
    I was reading James Cameron's response to the Myth Busters attempt at getting Jack and Rose from anic to both float on the headboard. He said "They couldn't both fit because the script said Jack dies". I imagine that if the TWD group always made the right decisions, less people would die, but the show would be less interesting and suspenseful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    godddam it, you man, I was suppose to bump this thread!!!

Lol..I just saw this..I was high as a kite when i wrote this..lol..sorry bro..lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I imagine that if the TWD group always made the right decisions, less people would die, but the show would be less interesting and suspenseful.
    Well, then you get dim characters making bad decisions that result in bad outcomes, which is one of the main beefs a lot of people have with the horror genre plots/writing. This tendency, of bad events following silly or half-baked character choices, is often how the horror genre is parodied, most recently in the movie, The Cabin in the Woods.

I think when bad things happen despite the character's intelligent or rational decisions - This angle is inherently more suspenseful and interesting IMO.

That being said, my comments are the nitpickings of an obsessed fan. Still enjoying the show, but it's also enjoyable to discuss and spitball aspects of the show in detail.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well, then you get dim characters making bad decisions that result in bad outcomes, which is one of the main beefs a lot of people have with the horror genre plots/writing. This tendency, of bad events following silly or half-baked character choices, is often how the horror genre is parodied, most recently in the movie, The Cabin in the Woods.

I think when bad things happen despite the character's intelligent or rational decisions - This angle is inherently more suspenseful and interesting IMO.

That being said, my comments are the nitpickings of an obsessed fan. Still enjoying the show, but it's also enjoyable to discuss and spitball aspects of the show in detail.
    The Cabin in the woods freakn blew!

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, then you get dim characters making bad decisions that result in bad outcomes, which is one of the main beefs a lot of people have with the horror genre plots/writing.
    I read this once about horror/monster movies: "When you watch a movie about vampires, it's about vampires. When you watch a movie about werewolves, it's about werewolves. Zombie movies differ in that they're not about zombies; they're about people." Following that line of thinking, you'll nearly always get dim characters making bad decisions because, in general, people are dim and they make bad decisions. We can hardly blame the writers for that

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    I read this once about horror/monster movies: "When you watch a movie about vampires, it's about vampires. When you watch a movie about werewolves, it's about werewolves. Zombie movies differ in that they're not about zombies; they're about people." Following that line of thinking, you'll nearly always get dim characters making bad decisions because, in general, people are dim and they make bad decisions. We can hardly blame the writers for that
    On a totally different note, as soon as the zombies came out wearing riot gear I said to my wife, "awesome, they're finally turning it straight into a video game". I loved that , it was like a 'boss' in the game 'Kung Fu' from back in the day.

Thread Information