My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Bush, Darth Vader or Anakin?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, I thought the political commentary of Part III was pretty blunt. I'm just not reaching the same conclusions as some on the Right about its overall message.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn some people are morons. The same people that see political parallels (IE NeoCon) are just the same as the stupid nerds that question every single contradiction in the movie.

NeoCon, do you also know what model of X-Wing Luke Skywalker flew to Dagobah?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with seeing parallels to current events in art?

I don't know how anyone can see Ep. 3 and not notice the allusions to recent political speeches in several of the lines. They're not subtle at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with seeing parallels to current events in art?

I don't know how anyone can see Ep. 3 and not notice the allusions to recent political speeches in several of the lines. They're not subtle at all.
    Well I probably should have rephrased it and said that people who see them and make a big deal out of them. That's just ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No argument here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What gets me, is that even if Lucas did make Anti America art (which it's not, but whatever), doesn't he have a right to do so? I swear, it's ridiculous how much conservatives get offended when you don't think along their lines in any situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who wants to make the fight scenes faster? The faster ones look fake. Too much CGI is overkill. There is just something about a foam Star Destroyer moving past the camera that is visually appealing.
    I don't know how moving at a fast pace is CGI they've done it in other movies where they have to acutally go through sword training and phsyical workouts to get ready for they're roles just becaue the light in the lightsaber is CGI doesn't make it unamusing but, I must admit some of the battles were too long for my taste. Also are you saying the fight between Kenobi and Vader where they circled each other for 10 times and had 8 slashes during that fight was more entertainig than the one with the flips and actual Jedi force wielding action? They make the force sound like it will give you heigtened abilities so why not mirror it towards the movies and who thinks that The Obi-Wan of old(Alec Guniess) is a better actor than the new one?(Ewan Mcgreor?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just LOVE it when people put words in my mouth. Back to the original post please. It's real simple you ing s.

Lucas makes suggestive remarks that the United States ala George W Bush is 'possibly' taking the country from a democracy to a dictatorship.

Chrenkoff makes comments to rebuff what he thinks Lucas is saying.

I post Chrenkoff's comments.

That's it.

Get off my ing nutz already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When life emulates art - Rummy plans the building of Death Stars

If you ever doubted the PNACers were crazy, it is time to stop doubting.

"Just three days before Weiner's piece appeared, military analyst William Arkin reported in the Washington Post that "early last summer, Defense Secretary Donald H Rumsfeld approved a top secret 'Interim Global Strike Alert Order'," preparing the way for devastating attacks against hostile powers developing weapons of mass destruction, air strikes that could be carried out more or less on demand anywhere on the planet and, if so desired, included a "nuclear option"."

"One of the imagined future weapons for Rumsfeld's "global strike" force, for instance, turns out to be a CAV (common aero vehicle) that, from space, could theoretically hit any target on Earth with a massive dose of conventional munitions on half an hour's notice."

" For instance, according to Weiner, one such weapon, Hypervelocity Rod Bundles (nicknamed "Rods from God"), aims "to hurl cylinders of tungsten, anium or uranium from the edge of space to destroy targets on the ground, striking at speeds of about 7,200 miles <11,590 kilometers> an hour with the force of a small nuclear weapon". In this way, the boundaries between the previously almost unusable nuclear option and more conventional war-fighting options are slowly - and quite consciously - being blurred by the Bush administration."

"Space superiority is not our birthright, but it is our destiny," Space Command's General Lord told an Air Force conference in September. "Space superiority is our day-to-day mission. Space supremacy is our vision for the future."

"As Theresa Hitchens of the Center for Defense Information pointed out in a recent article, "Orbiting 'death stars' to attack ground targets are being considered""
    Atimes

General Lord

George Lucas couldn't have written this any better, or any worse!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and who thinks that The Obi-Wan of old(Alec Guniess) is a better actor than the new one?(Ewan Mcgreor?)
    Guiness was known as one of the better actors in the history of English film. Ewan has a long way to go to be considered in the same league, but his whole performance in the series was an homage to Alec and one of the only real reasons to watch Episodes I and II more than once. I don't know if you've seen any of Guiness' other work, but his work with David Lean (Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago, Bridge over the River Kwai) is great stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Ian McLellan (sp?) was very good as well... It's funny, I was telling my friend how incredible I thought his impersonation of the Emperor from Return of the Jedi was... only to find out that it was the same actor....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDiarmid

I get all those Ians confused too -- imagine my consternation when Ian McKellen and Ian Holm were in the Lord of the Rings films together. If Jethro Tull had been on the soundtrack somewhere, there would've been real trouble.

I was wondering if it was going to be the same actor too before Episode I since I didn't know how old he was (he just turned 60 last year).
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 05-26-2005 at 03:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh right, duh.

If Jethro Tull had been on the soundtrack somewhere, there would've been real trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't achieve space superiority, China will. , they might get superiority regardless and militarize it...and we all know what happens then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should've thought twice about giving China all our money and jobs then....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should've thought twice about giving China all our money and jobs then....
    Think it has a little more to do with their paranoid schizphrenic communist government, but your point is taken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which came first? It's not like they fooled us or anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ChumpDumper,
    I know Guiness is an A+ actor but, some s at school say that they like the new Obi Wan compared to the old Obi Wan because of the visual effects used in the scenes. I just like his acting and his role in Episodes IV-VI and if you had the Vader vs Kenobi fight today with better effects he'll just blow out the new Kenobi in so many catogeries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I mean look what they did with Christopher Lee -- that's just the advance of technology. It comes down to what you watch the movies for -- I can't believe some of the actors in I-III actually got worse in their roles over the course of the films. Lucas sure wasn't a help in this regard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I think the lightsaber fights in the first three blow out of the water the other two. They were just way superior, the way jedi fights should have been.

But that said, you had an old man and a dude that was like half machine fighting. No way they could have done stuff that great.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the technology the had way back then, they produced more realistic effects than all the CGI in the world today. I feel CGI is way over used in movies today. Too much is tried to be done with CGI even if it's not the best medium.

The Luke vs. Vader fight in the Return of the Jedi was the best of all of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    User is right -- no one emoted the rage of the dark side quite as well as Hamil did in that scene. Those damn Ewoks ruined a movie that could've been at least as good as Ep. III.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they should have been able to use the flips and faster paced action because of there skill with the force, if a 870 year old Yoda could do flips with great agility then they should have been able too.

Thread Information