Blood Dong
    Being a native of San Antonio, but just recently back after 30 years...........

Where are the best places to watch games? Give me your top 5.

PS. Don't wanna be surrounded by Fantasy nerds

Blood Dong
    You hate me don't you San Antonio?

jalbre6
    Fantasy geeks are everywhere. EA (the company that makes the Madden video game) is either in the process of making or has released a fantasy football game. It's tough to find a bar -anywhere- that had all the Sunday Ticket games and enough screens to show each one, and keep fantasy gamers away.

It's funny how mainstream fantasy sports are now. I used to think that they were for like Dungeons and Dragons fans that happened to like sports.

Then again, I'm just a degenerate gambler come football season anyway, so I'm sure the fantasy footballers despise me.

Blood Dong
    Word Jal, where do you frequent in Dallas?

Joe Chalupa
    My living room couch does the job for me.

College Football!!

Blood Dong
    Thats what I told your wife

jalbre6
    BD -

In Dallas, I used to go to Fox and Hound on Midway Road until they changed all the managers up. They used to be real cool about making sure you can see whatever you want, and they'd let the room vote on the game audio. Last time I was there (with a bunch of my friends from Denver), they wouldn't change anything...even though the friggin' Texans were on the big screen (w/ audio) and nobody was watching. So we left and went to Cape Buffalo, where we ran up a $700 tab and tipped the girl in the cathlolic schoolgirl outfit $300.

Now that I live in Arlington, I go to a new place called Sports Dog for college games and to Sherlock's (where the managers will actually give you the remote control!) for pro games.

So, if anyone reading this owns a bar, when you see a bunch of people in team logoed gear and you say you won't let them watch a game because you have a hard-on for a 5-11 team, you deserve to lose business.

Johnny Blaze 47
    And you ask if San Antonio hates you?

What's next? Nanny-nanny-boo-boo?

Blood Dong
    Ahhh the greatness of Arlington.........went to Martin High school. Gilligans, Fox & Hound on Green Oaks, No Frills on Little Rd.
    Good strong game watching........

BabyArm

jalbre6
    No Frills (both of them, actually) have officially become dumps now. That Fox and Hound here is OK, but they've been overpriced for years and it doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. J Gilligan's is a good place to go get drunk at and then pollute another bar afterwards, nothing special.

Blood Dong
    well, don't I look like the asshole...............

Why Not on division? total dive, but strong
    No Frills used to be strong.........
    are you from Arlington? High School? I went to Elementary, Jr. HIgh and high School, and UTA

jalbre6
    I went to high school in SA...moved to DFW (N. Dallas first, then here) after finishing school in Denver. I've lived in this part of town for only like two years or so.

I've never been to Y Not, though I drive by it on a daily basis.

Blood Dong
    old UTA hangout, opens at 7:00 AM
    Yeah I moved to DFW when I was five, now 30 years later I'm back in SA. What part of Arlington do you live? major streets?

jalbre6
    off Collins, near Ditto, the muni goat track.

Blood Dong
    close proximity to Baby Dolls on 157, very nice. That italian place in the Fox and Hound shopping center is pretty good, so is the chinese buffet...........babyarm

SAmikeyp
    I went to a place in Addison called Addison Square Garden...I hear its closed now but it rocked.

For me the best place is Hooters on Wurzbach. Great TV distrbution, good food and , well, scenery! :p

1a. for me is Duke' Roadhouse on I-10. Food is good, better selection than Hoots or Fatso's and you can also buy real alcohol if you choose and the "scenery" is very Hooters-esque. The only reason it gets 1a. is that I have yet to watch a football game there but they have a huge TV wall and other sets pretty much everywhere.

Firehouse on Walzem just past Windsor Park Mall is good. Food is good, not a lot of TV's though. The Basketball GTG's there were awesome.

Hooters on 281 is decent expect for a lack of TV's

Fatso's has great tv distribution and no matter which team you like, you will find fans of that same team. The food is substandard and the service is even worse. It gets really crowded to the point of uncomfortablilty.

jalbre6
    I frequent that buffet a LOT. When I wanna see ties out here, I go to Fantasy Ranch. Speaking of....

Me and a few of my buddies used to have this great idea for a ty bar. You know how second run movies have a dollar theater? We thought that all strippers over 30 or so should have to work in a $5 lapdance club, with cheaper drinks. Man, I would go slumming all the time if someone did this...

Blood Dong
    Great idea!! Try New Orleans nights in the Town of the Cow, and Platinum Club, not that nice but the girls are VERY friendly, I've lost some protien there a few times.VIP is only 25 bucks. The Ranch used to be awesome......

Johnny Blaze 47
    Fast Eddie's on Bab has a lot of nice TV's in the dining/bar area, and a few perched above in the pool hall.

Blood Dong
    has anyone been to a place on Rector call THe Lexington Room? I found it by accident I called on it for business. Lots of TV's, plus it's close to home. Anyone know about this place?

jalbre6
    IS that the place behind North Star Mall? I went there last time I was down in SA in March...really good "scenery", almost stripperesque, I thought.

SAmikeyp

Blood Dong
    thats the one my friend..........looks cool. Never been in there during regular hours. Anyone else have any encounters there?

Thread Information