Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I loved my art classes ... art history especially. I also loved philosophy.

The 6 hours of religious study I was required to take for my degree were freaking horrible. Intro to Catholicism was horrendous, particularly because my professor was a short little Irish leprechaun with a heavy brogue that no one could understand ... he was on a planet of his own. And it was an evening class.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Math classes were a bore to me. I end up daydreaming in all of my math classes.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    worst classes ever are history imho. just a bunch of pointless factual bits of information and dates that you've learned every year since 6th grade and writing papers over the same things you've already written many papers over back in high school.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Holy man, I thought taking Latin online this semester would be a good idea and boy was I ing wrong. I've never been so poorly motivated during a class but there was absolutely nothing enjoyable about that class. I think it would have been better in person but it was just the worst class I've ever had to take.

Technical writing is a close second.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    life ain't all fun and games, you should have chosen either finance, accounting, or IT and finished, so at least you could have been making good money this past decade and have enough to go back to school and take all the "fun" classes you want.
    Interesting idea.

Especially considering that, without the unnecessary step of finishing a degree I found painfully boring, I'm currently being paid to pursue a graduate degree that allows me to take all the "fun" classes I want. At a prestigious school. In an amazing city.

If only I'd had you to advise me sooner, I wouldn't have been doomed to fail so hard at life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My senior year at UT I needed another science credit. I'm not much of a science guy so I ended up enrolling in a class called "The Search for Extra-Terrestrial Life." I thought we would be talking about Area 51 and X-Files. Wrong. The class was tougher than any course on any subject I have ever taken. They should have just called it "Astrobiology" because that's what it was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    And it was an evening class.
    Oh crap, those evening classes blew. Just staring at the clock as it went to 7 or 8pm made me just want to go home. Or I thought (and knew, especially in college) that I was missing out on fun somewhere.

And on a side note, the best classes I've ever had combined one common theme...humor

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    And on a side note, the best classes I've ever had combined one common theme...humor
    That I'll agree on. I took a class on HIV/AIDS for one of my life science requirements, and our prof was hilarious. He said he'd have students come to him on the street and tell him they had unprotected sex and ask what the chances were they got something, and he'd give replies like ``How hard did you ?'' and so on. I guess his main point in telling that anecdote was to reinforce the idea that HIV is transmitted through open wounds and is especially easily transmitted when blood mixes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Foundations of Mathematics - the grad student who 'taught' the class read straight from book everyday

y

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    right now im cramming for an 8 am exam that really has me wanting to punch myself in the face. "Risk Management" sounded alright when i signed up, but little did i know it's a class on every minute detail of insurance. i cant believe people actually go to school wanting to be underwriters or actuaries. i know it's good money, but it seems so...unfulfilling.

best part though is that our professor is a retired underwriter, and at the end of the semester she's giving us the lowdown on the best policies we can have. that's about it though.

insurance litigation can SUCK it.

have any of yall made the same mistake of signing up for a course and regretting it?

Are you in the BBA or MBA program?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Foundations of Mathematics - the grad student who 'taught' the class read straight from book everyday

y
    I can understand a recitation/discussion section, but a class taught by a TA? I'd imagine not too many TAs are strong in set theory and the like.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

y
    It actually reminds me of my networking prof. He was a full professor who did lots of research in wireless networks, but he'd just show slides from the (thankfully great) textbook every day. When a friend went into his office in panic saying he didn't understand any of the stuff, the professor said he didn't know any of it either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    took an art history class. it's the easiest and most useless you'll ever learn.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    took an art history class. it's the easiest and most useless you'll ever learn.
    Yeah it's not difficult.. just totally pointless. I find motivation hard to come by when I know a class will never help me with anything. Of course, most classes you take wont ever help you, but that's a whole different can of worms.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    STATISTICS

what a ing fake ass redheaded bas son of a math course that was

Yes I'm a troll. Happy? SourCandy's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    what course u taking??

the most boring subs are the ones you have to retake again cause the college wont take credits from another ins ution then u dont give a and just coast all semester for a pass and it really hurts ur gpa average

i took financial theory and economics, lmao watta load of horse is it, theres no such thing as ethics in the corporate world when loads of money is involve...

i also did marketing subject, that was a waste of money and time...but mainly alot of hot chicks do marketing courses....
    none now. Thats my point im dreading the whole college thing.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College is not all about classes....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The most boring course(s) have to fall within the liberal arts school. I still don't know what good it does to focus on studies having to do with philosophy/english/history/anthropology/...

Sure it is good to inquire about certain things having to do with the aforementioned studies, but just for leisure purposes.

Wtf are you gonna do with all that useless you learn from say a literature class??.....

Now...

The most aggravating class I have ever taken is, well, I'm taking it right now.

Histology.

Nothing but memorize, memorize, memorize.

I had a lab midterm the other day, I had to memorize about 500 slides of tissue variants.

I had an exam today, and I think I pwned. But this class is a monster (for lack of better word).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    isnt college in america is when you can get all the sex u want??

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    isnt college in america is when you can get all the sex u want??

no. thats what people who dont go to college think. technically, you can get sex but its with very average looking girls who throw up in your bed. college is where you get really drunk and yell at random people.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    no. thats what people who dont go to college think. technically, you can get sex but its with very average looking girls who throw up in your bed. college is where you get really drunk and yell at random people.
    you're just not doing it right, no surprise..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I enjoyed stats. Very surprised to see many people ranking that as the most boring.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pretty much all lower division and intro classes.

English comp, english lit, government, history, etc.

They were all easy but when I am paying good money for that I had just learned in high school and most of it in middle school before that, it made me mad.

Why even ask for a diploma or GED if you have to learn the exact same again?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Pretty much all lower division and intro classes.

English comp, english lit, government, history, etc.

They were all easy but when I am paying good money for that I had just learned in high school and most of it in middle school before that, it made me mad.

Why even ask for a diploma or GED if you have to learn the exact same again?
    I thought there were lots of fun lower division classes. Stuff like multivariable calc, E&M, data structures, systems programming, etc. were pretty cool when I took them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought there were lots of fun lower division classes. Stuff like multivariable calc, E&M, data structures, systems programming, etc. were pretty cool when I took them.
    I will not disagree with you on that. I learned partial derivatives and surface integrals in cal 2 but that is all major specific.

I am talking about the core of the core like comp and history and the like. I literally learned nothing that I had not already learned in high school in US history, comp and the like.

Thread Information