Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't use a "source". I thought it was pretty much common knowledge for reasonably literate people.
    Like cow intestines?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You act like that's exclusive to Republicans.
    Democrats have actual policies that do things.

Republicans are all about limiting rights, culture war BS and tax cuts for the rich.

Seriously name a republican policy proposal for the economy, other than reducing taxes for huge corporations and the wealthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You act like that's exclusive to Republicans.

case in point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah... see Argentina right now, and that still not considered hyperinflation (yet)
    Hopefully Javier can turn that hole around if he can win over the dumbest electorate on the planet.
    He did it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody saves in US dollars over there anyways, despite tight capital controls. Thankful Old Joe saved the US economy from the disaster he inherited from the big loser, tbh

Ole Joe putting in the hours

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did it

He would be considered a RINO here in the US, tbh...

If he can make a dent on the historically rampant corruption, he'll be a savior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ole Joe putting in the hours
    Yep... can't think the US is anything but thrilled with this election, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is the hyperinflation here yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (D) President rescuing the economy from (R) ups? Sounds like deja vu, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the gripe that official measures of inflation exclude important things people have to spend money on is true.

that said, the current level of US inflation is not abnormal, historically speaking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's a bogeyman, allegedly.

according to some of the resident inflation worryers, they never actually said the word "hyperinflation."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope not yet. (looks at watch) it is early in the day though.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope not yet. (looks at watch) it is early in the day though.
    It's been here...

Trump: $2 a gallon.
    face Biden: $5 a gallon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The annual core consumer price inflation rate in the United States, which excludes volatile items such as food and energy, stood at an over two-year low of 4% in November 2023, unchanged from October, matching market forecasts. The shelter index, accounting for over 70% of the total increase in all items less food and energy, eased to 6.5% in November from 6.7% in the prior month. Other indexes with slower increases over the last year include recreation (+2.5% vs +3.2%), personal care (+5.2% vs +6%), and new vehicles (+1.3% vs +1.9), while prices of motor vehicle insurance remained elevated (+19.2%, the same pace as in October). On a monthly basis, core consumer prices rose only by 0.3% in November, after a 0.2% increase in October, also in line with market forecasts. source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

And what do people HAVE to buy? Food, energy, housing, and insurance.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The annual core consumer price inflation rate in the United States, which excludes volatile items such as food and energy, stood at an over two-year low of 4% in November 2023, unchanged from October, matching market forecasts. The shelter index, accounting for over 70% of the total increase in all items less food and energy, eased to 6.5% in November from 6.7% in the prior month. Other indexes with slower increases over the last year include recreation (+2.5% vs +3.2%), personal care (+5.2% vs +6%), and new vehicles (+1.3% vs +1.9), while prices of motor vehicle insurance remained elevated (+19.2%, the same pace as in October). On a monthly basis, core consumer prices rose only by 0.3% in November, after a 0.2% increase in October, also in line with market forecasts. source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

And they're still buying everything else too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eyup. That looks to be moderating as well.

Thank Biden. Go on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

as previously stipulated

are you done clearing your throat, is pointing at the definition of CPI your whole point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll check in on the hyperinflation again next year.

Thread Information