Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Where's it best to put your investment in?

Which stocks are best to buy right now? Thinking of purchasing some JPM and P&G stock but tbh is it worth it? Don't want to buy TMT stocks because a lot of them are too pricey and I think their dividends suck

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You might want to look at FCX. Good stable company, consistently beats earnings projections, good upside in an inflationary environment, IMHO limited downside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Freeport McMoran Copper and Gold? Let me take a look into it...

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Studies have repeatedly shown that people who do all the research and pick their own stocks don't do appreciably better than someone buying index funds. If you want to spend the time pulling your hair out, be my guest, but for every thoroughbred you find, you'll stumble across two or three mutts that will drag your returns down. Some people need to feel like they're doing something.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    yeah i took two economics classes and the final point was that it's impossible to determine where the market will turn, so you'll have better odds randomly picking stocks. the key is to invest money into a variety of stocks and spread risk.

if you want a guaranteed return, invest in treasury bonds.

they did some kind of study where they had monkeys throwing at a dartboard with stocks, and the stocks they "chose" performed better than a team of stock brokers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Given that it is illegal to recommend individual stocks and/or offer stock advice without a securities license..... great advice!

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Given that it is illegal to recommend individual stocks and/or offer stock advice without a securities license..... great advice!

Isnt that only true if you are receiving compensation from giving said advice?

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Isnt that only true if you are receiving compensation from giving said advice?
    Dont bog him down with details, dude. He's rollin'

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I know Chevron seems undervalued compared to its peers, pays a pretty hefty dividend as a percentage of its stock price and is rooted in real assets. I have been thinking about getting into it, but I haven't had enough time to sit down and do more than any rudimentary analysis of their financial statements so I would explore it further if you are even thinking about it.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Place your money in toilet paper because the demand for ass-wiping material will remain steady.

Also, in High School (2003) I did a project where I had to invest in companies and one of them was Blockbuster. I turned a sweet ass profit based on projections...man, that was ed by 2008.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm currently trying to gain 5% a week with a starting balance of 5000 dollars. So far I'm 3 for 3 and if you extrapolate the numbers over let's say 52 weeks, it becomes a pretty big chunk of change. I made a spreadsheet showing the exact numbers but I can't find it.

I enter a stop-loss of 5% on a purchased stock, so if I'm wrong about a stock any given week, I'll lose a week's worth of progress as opposed to ing myself. If I do my homework on a company and have some patience it should pay off.

Locally based Rackspace (RAX) got me the 5% this week already when it opened today and hit +8% in an hour or so. My stop kicked in pretty early because it was up around .5% monday. I missed out on an additional few percentage points, but I gotta stick with the plan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Place your money in toilet paper because the demand for ass-wiping material will remain steady.
    Fortune teller.

Thread Information